• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had Sky News on in the background for the past hour or two. It's just non stop fussing about the royal baby. Never thought I'd miss the madness that is Brexit.

I don't get this 'we haven't decided on a name yet'. Who are they kidding? It's just a ploy to generate suspense and maximise publicity.

https://joebiden.info/

:rolleyes:

If only Joe had run in 2016, he would've won. No way he wins now in this climate as a democrat. (If he was a republican 100% he could win though).

If he can get Obama's endorsement (which he probably will once the field narrows down) then that'll make a big difference and probably put him in the top 3 candidates along with Sanders and one of the female candidates like Elizabeth Warren.

I can't stand when anything happens to the royals, it dominates the news and I'm just sitting here thinking "does anyone actually care?"

I can't stand when anything happens to the royals, it dominates the news and I'm just sitting here thinking "does anyone actually care?"

Only the idiots who camped outside Windsor castle for three days before last year's royal wedding. I've nothing against them as a family but I'll never understand how people can become that obsessed about royals who deep down probably resent the peasants who are obsessed about them.

We'll never get rid of the Royal family now. Their branding has been superb under William, Kate, Harry and Megan; I'll give them that. And their children are very much part of that branding.

And the British Media are very much part of the machinery to keep them in place. Why should the news of Harry and Megan's baby be front page of every newspaper and headline news channel yesterday? No different to any other child born yesterday. But it was to reinforce the Royal institution in our national consciousness. It was nauseating.

But they will always stand for worst of Britain: Nepotism. None of them have earned where they are; they are where they are because The Windsor family and their predecessors, long ago agreed to give up constitutional power in exchange for being a Ceremonial Monarchy .

I am not even one of those who cares that tax payer has to pay for them, but rather that they stand for the very notion that their position in society is derived from birthright and not earned on merit.

NZ/Australia - when the Queen dies and you ever get the vote for whether you wish for the UK monarchy to continuity to be your head of state or become a republic. Do yourself a favour and vote yes to a republic. It'll save you all those visits from Charles, William/Kate, Harry/Megan, their children, their children's children etc. Who are just visiting to promote the Windsor family brand. Stand for something better.

I was surprised at how many people bought this whole embracing a mixed race girl into the family meant they were moving with the times and becoming more in touch with society etc. Megan is a multi millionaire Hollywood mega star who is almost as much an elite as the royals and from what I gather a real high maintenance diva behind the scenes. Harry marrying say a black girl from Brixton who he met through some charity work would have at least been more genuine. They are essentially a brand and A list celebrity elites who gain privilege through birthright. Same applies to hereditary peers in the House of Lords but to a lesser degree - sooner that's scrapped the better.

I hated how they kept saying the fact he has married a mixed race woman shows how far society has come on and that race is no longer a thing. Firstly no, attitudes of society are not ******* decided by who a royal decides to wed. Secondly, if race really wasn't a thing then it wouldn't have been a story, the fact it was proved that race very much is still a thing. There was no story about the hair colour of the 2 brides because that is what it actually looks like when something isn't a factor.

I don't hate the royals but the constant fawning over them is sickening by a bunch of people who really know their place in society.

The big rumours of William playing offside not being touched by the British tabloids at his request shows how much they need each other.

Didn't realise Markle was preggers until last week, they're easily ignored here thankfully.

If he can get Obama's endorsement (which he probably will once the field narrows down) then that'll make a big difference and probably put him in the top 3 candidates along with Sanders and one of the female candidates like Elizabeth Warren.

Speaking of Obama, this was unveiled yesterday in Los Angeles. :cool:

3bb36ab72a9c42c64b4af666fa16c213

Change UK falling apart as Remain seams to be coalescing around backing the Lib Dems
https://twitter.com/BBCPhilipSim/status/1128587897957908481

Ineffective name, dull logo they burst onto the scene quite strongly but failed to do anything with that momentum. Whilst the Lib Dems have been bamging the drum for some time it appears the local elections gave them real confidence. If ChUK actually had candidates in that they have got somewhere.

Still don't know why they defected into their own party, rather than joining LD or Green - all they were ever going to do is split the vote on the one issue they actually agree with themselves about.

I see discussions for the 3 to coalesce behind one candidate in Peterborough have failed.

Of course, none of this directly affects me - I've already voted (LD - I'm a natural fit for the party but this is the first time I've actually voted for them)

Always hated the name Change UK.

Can you imagine if a younger Nick Clegg and Cleggmania burst on to the scene now. I specifically recall how well he did in those TV debates where he actually topped the polls. The LDs would be a serious force.' It's pity Vince isn't 10-15 years younger.

I think Farage's Brexit party is being backed by Tory Brexiteers and is simply there to sweep up protest (mainly Tory) votes and stop them going to other parties.Farage has openly said he has no intention or interest in being PM and yet many idiots still vote for him. Could easily see them forming a coalition with a far right Tory party.

Last edited:
I never thought I would ever say this but in the up coming euro elections I am intending to vote g......gr........gre.......oh FFS Green party I am going to vote for the turtle neck wearing, Latte drinking, pipe smoking hippies. Feel like I have come out the closet or something

I never thought I would ever say this but in the up coming euro elections I am intending to vote g......gr........gre.......oh FFS Green party I am going to vote for the turtle neck wearing, Latte drinking, pipe smoking hippies. Feel like I have come out the closet or something

If your remain then I'd vote Green or Lib Dem. ChangeUK don't seem to have their act together and despite saying they want change, are playing the same stereotypical politics and risk splitting the remain vote. Apparently instead of trying to win over people undecided in the middle they are actively targeting Lib Dem voters. More selfish, egotistical politicians out for their own gain.

So had a leaflet put though my door from the English Democrat party for the EU elections. "Leave the EU now" " English Jobs for English workers" (what the hell does this mean anyway?). Needless to say I tore it up and put it straight in the bin. Still I was curious to just to find out a bit more about them and according to their wiki page they have just over a 1000 members nationwide.

I'm the same, though I'm kind of considering a Lib Dem vote for tactical reasons.

West Midlands has a lot of very very Tory areas,
We've got 7 seats, atm it's 2 Tory, 2 Labour, 2 Independent, 1 UKIP
I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 Tory, 2 Brexit, 1 Labour and then two remaining for "remoaners"

Voting green will just split the vote even if I've no love for the lib dems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts