• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if power isn't restored to Stourmont....not convinced this will stick.

DUP saying the vote is "undermining" NI, as if throwing a strop and attempting to kill any Irish culture in NI even at the expense of their own "culture" wasn't. The mind boggles at how dense you have to be to be a part of that party.

This is a win / win situation for the DUP. They never wanted to impose either laws in NI, and now they have a great get out clause to wash their hands with abortion and equal marriage and say 'UK imposed it on NI, nothing to do with us'.

Either way we can only hope the NI government does not get back together before the October deadline.

Major threatening to apply for Judicial Review if Boris tries to bypass Parliament.

At what point can Ol' Queenie get involved?

Farage has said he will pursue Brexit even if it guarantees the break up of the United Kingdom - is this not treason? Willingly doing something you know will damage the country irreparably?

I wanna see her storm parliament in full plate armour and start swinging a morning star

In other news our negotiating skills with the shite house is so good they've essentially forced our appointed ambassador to resign...

In other news our negotiating skills with the shite house is so good they've essentially forced our appointed ambassador to resign...

Whoever leaked his comments to the Fail on Sunday has a lot to answer for. But will we find out who?
But once it was leaked he was a dead man walking what with a President who is so thin skinned to any criticism of any kind.

Conspiracy?

Get rid of the ambassador so that when Johnson gets elected as PM he can put in place a person who will suck up to Trump as much as he will?

Conspiracy?

Get rid of the ambassador so that when Johnson gets elected as PM he can put in place a person who will suck up to Trump as much as he will?
Of course, BoJo would have been perfectly capable of appointing his own ambassador as PM anyway - without the need for any controversy whatsoever

Current guy was due leave the post at the end of the year anyway.

I do wonder who had a particular axe to grind over this.

It's so obvious that Johnson and the ERG's vision for the UK is to leave the EU and become the US's 51st state. Essentially a low tax, low regulation Euro poodle/*****. The rich will get richer and the poor poorer. The brainless northern chavs who voted for Brexit just can't see what they've done. They'll all be much worse off.

Antisemitism is always a bit weird for me its just something I've not really seen in my day to day life. A few that don't like the Israeli government sure but they tend to more rooted in the rights of Palestinian people and they rightly decry the actions of Hamas as well. Essentially wanting peace in the region.

But hatred against Jews, holocaust deniers I've only found those crackpots on the internet.

Still want to shake Labour members and go 'remember when us Lib Dems had a homophobe as a leader and we wanted call it smears and it turned out he was a homophobe? Yeah that's you right now'

It's a problem that won't go away but I suspect part of it is conflating anti-Semitism with anti-zionism.

It's a problem that won't go away but I suspect part of it is conflating anti-Semitism with anti-zionism.
Yes and no from what I've heard the big issue is anti-zionists tarring all Jews as Zionists and the second you do that you've steeped into anti-semitism. Its a pretty fine line but clearly demarked are you condemning the actions of a state or a people?

Plus Jews I know whom happen to be Labour supporters say its an issue and I believe their experiences.

Yes and no from what I've heard the big issue is anti-zionists tarring all Jews as Zionists and the second you do that you've steeped into anti-semitism. Its a pretty fine line but clearly demarked are you condemning the actions of a state or a people?

Plus Jews I know whom happen to be Labour supporters say its an issue and I believe their experiences.

I think it's a very blurred line between Zionism and being Jewish. Don't forget that Israel allows the right of all Jews to return and settle in Israel. Israel also gives a lot of returning Jews 10 year tax relief grace if they return. Jews in Israel marrying to other Jews also have to prove to the rabbi that they are genetically Jewish to ensure the Jewish bloodline is kept intact.

I know a lot of Jews themselves conflate the two - an attack on Israel is an attack on being Jewish. I'll never forget attending one Jewish wedding where the toast wasn't just made to the bride and groom but also to Israel.

It's obviously a very sensitive issue and I don't know all the ins and outs of this current Labour issue with anti Semitism. But I do know that when the Jewish community are attacked they fight back vehemently and damn well make sure it's an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts