• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missunderstand my meaning. It's the way he enters the engagement he's sat at a table and she is walking past (it should be noted there is nothing confrontational at this point she's not making a noise or anything). He slams his chair backwards to block her, grabs her by the throat and slams her against the wall.

In what way is that an acceptable way to remove a peaceful protestor as your starting gambit?

The chair is fine but surely your first reaction is to talk to person first and if they become rowdy or refuse to move you then may have to physically remove them? Note no one else at the dinner even had close to the reaction he did.

Anyway that's what I meant by kicking off its the way he engages the confrontation.
Seen this done to a hundred people in a hundred pubs. She was approaching a senior member of the cabinet, the guy pushed and pulled her but didn't strike her. She has not pressed charges. Direct action is fine but you also accept that it will result in a direct response which she seems to except. People saying they are horrified and shocked by this need to spend some time in the real world.

Seen this done to a hundred people in a hundred pubs. She was approaching a senior member of the cabinet, the guy pushed and pulled her but didn't strike her. She has not pressed charges. Direct action is fine but you also accept that it will result in a direct response which she seems to except. People saying they are horrified and shocked by this need to spend some time in the real world.

Utter tosh. He is an MP, a public figure in public office who represents thousands of constituents. He should be setting an example and should know better. Maybe she hasn't pressed charges because he has already referred himself for an investigation. He's basically a hothead toff who should have acted with more restraint like the other MPs and officials in attendance.

BoJo now facing the heat for chickening out of the TV debate on Sky. It's obvious that the Tory MPs have only supported him because they think he is their best election campaigner who can win back votes from Farage as opposed to the best person to deliver Brexit and be PM. Apparently his team lent Hunt 15 to 20 votes in the last round to knock out Gove. It would be hilarious if that backfired and Hunt ended up beating him in the members vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain

Pretty damning from the former editor of the Torygraph and who was Bojo's former boss.

If he becomes PM I seriously think he could be toast within six months. Either the party split will come to the surface again when he can't keep everyone happy and he'll face a confidence vote as PM or Labour (with the help of Tory remainers) will get a no confidence vote in the Government through if No deal looks on the cards.

I'm getting sick and tired of the tories using the entire country as their plaything for their own internal squabbles. It's shameful and the stupid ***** should do the reasonable thing and **** off the political scene for a few years.

Kuenssberg having some great sport with Bojo.

One of the few hammering him. I wish they'd stop going after his family thing though as they are clearly not going to get a different answer. They need to go after other times his poor character has been shown. From being fired as editor, disciplinary action, his affairs, the above article from the Guardian etc. Get all the evidence together showing what a lying, self serving scumbag he is and lay it all out in front of him for all to see.

Last edited:
I'm getting sick and tired of the tories using the entire country as their plaything for their own internal squabbles. It's shameful and the stupid ***** should do the reasonable thing and **** off the political scene for a few years.

One of the few hammering him. I wish they'd stop going after his family thing though as they are clearly not going to get a different answer. They need to go after other times his poor character has been shown. From being fired as editor, disciplinary action, his affairs, the above article from the Guardian etc. Get all the evidence together showing what a lying, self serving scumbag he is and lay it all out in front of him for all to see.

Couldn't have put it better myself. First they chose May and now BoJo the clown it seems. The electorate should be sending them into the political wilderness for a generation if not indefinitely for the way they have behaved. Of course that won't happen due to the corrupt two party system we have. The Tories are lucky that Corbyn is in charge of Labour. Any half decent leader and they'd be out on their ear.

Agreed about his private life. It was a domestic, end of. The neighbour was an utter c*** for recording it and the media are scum for running with it. Same with Gove doing charlie twenty odd years ago before he entered political life. Has nothing to do with what matters here and now.

Have to disagree, a domestic at the potential prime ministers house weeks before he assumes said office is very much in the public interest. The end of the matter should of been the police stating they had nothing to go further and Boris making a statement on the matter. The only reason why this has rolled on for days is his refusal to talk about the matter.

If your assuming the highest public office in the land your private life is no longer private. Gove is more unfair and someone had that in their back pocket for years.

None of it bloody matters anyway because this is what is going on and it farce of a contest to put either candidate under scrutiny.

https://twitter.com/MitchBenn/status/1143307434414497797

Have to disagree, a domestic at the potential prime ministers house weeks before he assumes said office is very much in the public interest. The end of the matter should of been the police stating they had nothing to go further and Boris making a statement on the matter. The only reason why this has rolled on for days is his refusal to talk about the matter.

If your assuming the highest public office in the land your private life is no longer private. Gove is more unfair and someone had that in their back pocket for years.

None of it bloody matters anyway because this is what is going on and it farce of a contest to put either candidate under scrutiny.

https://twitter.com/MitchBenn/status/1143307434414497797

But the general public aren't voting here. It's a party leadership contest. Him becoming PM happens by default because the Tories are currently in power. If it were before a General Election then of course he should face more scrutiny about it. Party members can probe him about it at the hustings if they wish. The police very quickly confirmed that nobody was hurt and no further action be taken. On that basis I don't think he is obliged give any more details.

It is a farce of a contest. How can voting start before the hustings debates have finished. It's like voting for man of the match ten minutes into a game.

Perhaps he should consider a career in politics..

I agree with the whole private life is private stance.

In principle.

But you also have to deal with realities. This is the social media age, he's standing for PM and the police were called. To diffuse, all he had to say was that yes they'd had a row and it was one of those silly things that escalated a little and was over as soon as it had started. He wouldn't have had to go into details.

By fronting up it would have been yesterday's fish and chip paper in 5 minutes. Owning up to some human frailty may even have played well in the shires.

By not fronting up it's become a stick to beat him with. Did you see his body language when Kuenssberg pushed him on it? He was patently furious and uncomfortable.

And if those lovey dovey photos are tracked back to him or "friends" then he's exposed as a raging hypocrite and the gloves can properly come off.

I'm sure that if Blair or Cameron had been caught up in something similar they'd have come up with a couple of deft lines and got the story killed. That Johnson hasn't been slick or savvy enough to even do that doesn't bode well for the greater challenges that may lie ahead. Makes you wonder about his PR advice.

Half way in, and no comments - I guess the LD leadership debate is keeping everyone too glued to their screens to start typing?

A bit out of date but probably still valid. Corbyn appears safe as long as he has the support of membership thanks to Ed's rule change in 2014. More questions should be asked about why Labour don't have a commanding lead in the polls which they should given the mess the Tories are in.

I believe that replacing Corbyn with a good centre left leader would go a long way to sorting out this mess. They'd probably get a healthy majority at the next General Election (triggered from a confidence vote if the Tories try to push ahead with No deal). The Tories have no chance of getting a majority and would end up in another coalition if they were the largest party again.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/how-does-labour-appoint-a-leader

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts