• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna go out on a limb and say using any ethnic group as slang for a negative (or any) action is a bad way of communicating.
I think the point is that none of us was aware that it was using an ethnic group as a slur.

Now we know, and almost of aplmofnus are going to try to stop using it.

So Farage confirmed on BBC1 that he's not standing to be an MP because his time would be better spent travelling the length and breadth of the country supporting the other candidates? How did the interviewer not challenge him on this?

Why need to travel up and down the country AFTER the election in a few weeks? It's so obvious that he has no intention of representing a constituency, making a difference and can't be bothered turning up at Parliament several days per week because it doesn't fit his lifestyle. He also has zero intention of serving the country and delivering Brexit in some kind of coalition Government. How to Leavers not see through this idiot?

So whats the opinion on new speaker?

Gonna stand up for MPs when they go against the govt or roll over?

It will depend greatly as to what happens in the GE as he might lose his seat.

Isn't the speakers seat traditionally unopposed? If so then parties should stand down their MPs. However convention has gone out the window, so you never know.

It will depend greatly as to what happens in the GE as he might lose his seat.
The new speaker? Is anyone running against him? Tradition dicatates you don't run against the speaker. Something people were threatening Bercow with but the new guy I thought was pretty safe.

The new speaker? Is anyone running against him? Tradition dicatates you don't run against the speaker. Something people were threatening Bercow with but the new guy I thought was pretty safe.

Yeah if tradition is respected but we live in strange times. I will put money on the Brexit party fielding someone.

In the last elections he got 55% and Tories 41%,
Leave constituency though, so if the Tories or BXP targeted it they might make hay

Though he has been MP there since '92, so it's not like they've flip flopped tory to labour and back etc

He is a leaver though I think....

Cult of Farage in general I don't think will get any seats much like his previous cult failed to do. Will split Brexit vote though.

Johnson's launch speech is on. It's like watching a Trump rally but with union jacks and 'get brexit done' signs in the background. Absolutely nauseating.

https://www.lcdviews.com/2019/11/07...ates-in-tory-party-electoral-pact-with-itself

"Moderate" Tory MPs to stand aside for batshit crazy candidates in Tory party electoral pact with itself

IT TAKES ONE TO TANGO : THE CONSERVATIVE AND UNIONIST PARTY has been accused of a copycat strategy today after it reacted to the news of the 'Unite to Remain' electoral pacts with a unifying electoral pact strategy of its own.

Speaking through an interpreter at a campaign event in central London today, Tory party leader, Boris 'there's nothing to see in that intelligence report' Johnson, garbled and mumbled, waffled and enthused in a collection of syllables mashed together to form a word salad.

He looked haggard, his hair looked like it was attempting an escape bid, and helpfully no one asked what it feels like to leave your wife and children, and move your young girlfriend into Downing Street. Because we don't do moral standards in British political life anymore, at least, not under the Conservatives. Just ask serving cabinet ministers, who have been disgraced, resigned and then had their careers resurrected.

Mr Johnson's statement was separated into its component parts and re-assembled in something akin to speech by the interpreter.

The idiot who stood down as a Tory candidate last night previously claimed that women should keep their knickers on to avoid rape.

It's honestly incredible how much the right wing can do and say utterly insane things and their base just doesn't care at all

Like JRM saying that the Grenfell victims should have used their common sense and not listen to fire brigade advice. Idiot. Yeah easy to say that with hindsight when you live in a bloody mansion with numerous fire exits, but not when you live and are trapped in a fricking multi storey tower block. Absolutely clueless and insensitive.

Like JRM saying that the Grenfell victims should have used their common sense and not listen to fire brigade advice. Idiot. Yeah easy to say that with hindsight when you live in a bloody mansion with numerous fire exits, but not when you live and are trapped in a fricking multi storey tower block. Absolutely clueless and insensitive.

He should have just conceded he was not qualified to comment having never lived in a tower block. I would have had more respect for him and accepted that as an honest response even though he's a toff.

Since the 2016 referendum result I have watched the conduct of these idiots and that of EU leaders like Tusk and Barnier. It's like night and day. The EU leaders have never made it personal, lied or talked trash about their UK counterparts. Yet many Leave voters in the UK have never bothered their arse to follow events of the past three years and in spite of all the Tory lying and shenanigans and will still vote Tory or Brexit party.

He should have just conceded he was not qualified to comment having never lived in a tower block. I would have had more respect for him and accepted that as an honest response even though he's a toff.

JRM just exposed what an entitled idiot he is with his comments. He only apologised for the insensitivity and hurt his comments caused afterwards because of the social media storm. But it's pretty clear he still believes what he said was true and shows how utterly out of touch he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts