• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo Swinson being taken apart by Andrew Neil.

It's probably not a bad move getting her dismantling by Andrew Neil out of the way now before the media are in full campaign mode. I'd be more worried about a prime time beat down closer to the election which could be costly vote wise. Hopefully he's properly warmed up and ready to wipe the floor with Corbyn and Cockwomble assuming the latter has the cahones to face him.

I'm fully expecting cockwomble to dodge proper TV debates with other main party leaders and will probably push for the one to one interviews.

I'm fully expecting cockwomble to dodge proper TV debates with other main party leaders and will probably push for the one to one interviews.
Unsure cockwomble will even do that he's been a Trainwreck since becoming PM he crumbles at even the merest hint of scrutiny. Performances at the dispatch box have been terrible.

They'll try to keep him away from camera apart getting a odd Boris soundbite out of him.

74452883_1003714699970857_6580721493334818816_n.jpg

Can anyone think of anything more American than this?
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/30/7747...an-whose-home-they-blew-up-appeals-court-says

In an attempt to force the suspect out, law enforcement blew up walls with explosives, fired tear gas and drove a military-style armored vehicle through the property's doors.
A federal appeals court in Denver ruled this week that the homeowner, who had no connection to the suspect, isn't entitled to be compensated, because the police were acting to preserve the safety of the public.
More than 100 officers from agencies around the Denver area responded to the incident.
Authorities say the suspect stole two belts and a shirt from a Walmart.

Last edited:
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/30/7747...an-whose-home-they-blew-up-appeals-court-says

An armed shoplifting suspect in Colorado barricaded himself in a stranger's suburban Denver home in June 2015. In an attempt to force the suspect out, law enforcement blew up walls with explosives, fired tear gas and drove a military-style armored vehicle through the property's doors.

After an hours-long siege, the home was left with shredded walls and blown-out windows. In some parts of the interior, the wood framing was exposed amid a mountain of debris.

A federal appeals court in Denver ruled this week that the homeowner, who had no connection to the suspect, isn't entitled to be compensated, because the police were acting to preserve the safety of the public.

Article Continues...

Only in the Good Ol' USA.

Ruth Davidson was able to sell the union ticket very well in the last election and it appealed to Scots who are sick of the constant talk of Independence Referendums. Regards the Eton toff bit: don't forget Scotland has many rich land owners who employ lots of people in the local areas, its also very reliant and sports such as shooting, stalking and fishing which again brings lots of money in from rich Eton types. I think the last election and the first (of many no doubt) independence referendums showed the SNP is by no means secure in its objectives and they have not covered themselves in glory while being the major power in the Scottish parliament.

Scotland and the SNP will be largely irrelevant in a FPTP system, just like the BQ in Quebec. In the current climate the SNP can either do very well and get 30 seats, or do outstanding and get 50. Its small beer in terms of overall Westminster arithmetic.

Tories, in a neutral press environment, would have a tough time campaigning against a second Scottish referendum whilst clamouring for the second unnecessary general election in as many years. Doubtless that hypocrisy will be overlooked by most outlets up here.

In an attempt to force the suspect out, law enforcement blew up walls with explosives, fired tear gas and drove a military-style armored vehicle through the property's doors.
More than 100 officers from agencies around the Denver area responded to the incident.

Whatever my criticisms of the UK, I am so glad it adheres to "policing by consent" rather than tooling up the polis. This story reminds me of the fantastic Lt Hunter from Hill St Blues who was always looking to acquire tanks for his precinct.

Trump was unbelievable on Farage's radio show.

Even by his remarkably low standards.

Neither are fit to govern. Their natural habitat is campaigning and stirring hate. They essentially help each other out when one is heading into an election.

I read that the Brexit party are targeting Labour leave seats which might suggest some kind of backroom deal with the Tories has been done despite what they say in public (Rees Mogg's sister is in the BXP FFS). I can see another hung Parliament with the Brexit party replacing the DUP.

Wow you bothered to listen, I'm impressed. Heard LBC advertise their "World Exclusive" and thought the whole thing was pathetic. Might as well have done an interview with his press staff. I imagine that Farage was sickeningly sycophantic.

Like to watch Trump get an Andrew Neil grilling.

Back to back Andrew Neil interviews with Trump, Johnson and Farage could be a pay per view event on Sky Box Office. I really hope the Johnson and Farage agree to be interviewed by him.

Back to back Andrew Neil interviews with Trump, Johnson and Farage could be a pay per view event on Sky Box Office. I really hope the Johnson and Farage agree to be interviewed by him.
Farage won't the last time he was willing to be grilled it was James O'Brien and he had to run away mid interview.

Would not happen. Americans dont do those sort of interviews. There is some bloke Ben something or other who's a darling of the Alt right and makes a living baiting liberal school kids. Took him about 3 minutes of the Neil treatment and he had a proper paddy and refused to carry on. Americans were shocked as he is considered an excellent debater over there

Shapiro getting torn a new one was absolutely glorious.
He called Neil left wing, and stormed off. Hilarious.

I think he's considered an excellent debater by the alt right. Liberal left America just consider him a moron who pick his targets very well.

I really hope it something we don't lose whilst a Paxman style grilling is designed to make the person being grilled look bad and won't really change many minds it does put them under scrutiny.

Corbyn sort of started it though but May's avoidence of debates last time out was part of her downfall. Sadly I think Johnson will get away with the avoidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts