• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Abbott joins Quins

B

Boy

Abbott signs for Quins

Where exactly have Quins got spunkloads of money from? They've totally redeveloped the Stoop, kept the vast majority of their players this season, have Merhtens, have now signed Abbott, and are rumoured to go in for Marshall if Leeds go down.

The salary cap obviously isn't being too rigidly enforced.

They have back the cash they were spending on Greenwood though , which is rumoured to be a few quid.

Plus sounds like Vos may be going back to SA at the end of this season too.

Great signing for Quins. The year away from the top level seems to have done the whole club good, they could be pretty useful next year.

Big loss for Wasps, will Erinle fill the 12 jersey or is he more of a 13? Interesting to see who Geechs plays there next year.

Bloody hell; Marshall, Mherts and Abbott.

If their not careful, their going to have an outstanding set of backs.

And yes, I know they havent signed Marshall.

Yet.

Quins have basically had a hard look at themselves this season and full credit must be given to the coaching staff and players for staying and hopefully they will be back with some form next season

i saw this on ceefax and i was like whooa!!he must be getting paid alot of money to move clubs because who would give up heinken cup matches, one of the best teams in the premership up for quins....his life his choice! :D

£140k a year seems a lot for a guy who has collected just 8 caps and has had a couple of nasty injuries in the past few years. I can understand why Wasps wouldn't pay that much to keep him.

It is a ridiculous amount, there are more backs i could think of that are worth more. I just suppose 'Quins wanted a carbon copy and that it what they'll get. Wasps must be laughing, will they get anything out of it?

BM

No, as it is the end of his contract.

Transfers payments are rare things in rugby, with clubs prefering to get players who are at the end of their contracts.

It's only rarely that transfer fees occur, like with the rugby league guys. Inga Tuigamala was supposedly the first '£1 million player' when Falcons had to buy out his contracts with both Wigan RL and Wasps.

Seem to remember that the prop Simon Emms (who was at Saints last year) actually paid his own transfer fee to leave Llanelli and join Bath.

Originally posted by Boy@Mar 30 2006, 09:55 AM
Seem to remember that the prop Simon Emms (who was at Saints last year) actually paid his own transfer fee to leave Llanelli and join Bath.
Still is at Saints.

And apparently he did indeed have to do that.

Latest posts