• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AI defence

J

jimmy44

Looking at the videos and as someone has mentioned before, the AI wing and number 13 tend to drift to the touch line together as a unit, leaving a big gap between 12 and 13 to exploit. This happens quite a few times.

As there is one glaring gap in the line, this is clearly the best way to expolit the AI defence. i.e Pass the ball to number 12 or 13 and run through the gap, POTENTIALLY making for a one dimentional approach to attack, especially as there are precious few gaps anywhere else.

Now, I havn't played the game but does anyone else see this as an issue?

Cheers

I agree. It will be hard to tell if it's an actual problem or not until we've played it thoroughly. But I do see what you mean about 13 and wing drifting far too wide, and marking players who aren't there.

its a problem only on classic view.....trust me side view will be the best view!

The view does not change the way the AI acts...
<

It might be more apparent on the Classic2 view, but it will still be there and equally as big on the side view.

nope it wont be cos side view looks much better and hides sum of the lil problems but adds a problem to kicking

Can someone please tell me what the diffirence is between side-view and broadcast?

side view is far out but just goood

whilst broadcast is like wcr default view(side....and zoomed in)

Oh...Okay!
<

The Broadcast view looks great though!
But I think the zoom limitation might make it difficult to attact or handle kicks for that matter!

Okay...Kinkon89 you convinced me!
Side view it is!
<

Originally posted by maddog79@Mar 2 2005, 07:23 PM
With side view though u cant see where the kickoff is gonna land
And it makes the warping look ultra shite.

Warping as in watch the half back when he gets to a ruck - does circles all over the place to get to his position. Also when the defence line reorganises into place they also do this funny circle warping motion. Sometimes the halfback even goes right through the ruck, eg aus v uruguay movie, first ruck of match

its not that bad!

when i play with the side view it gives that extra feeling to it.....like that crusaders vs brumbies video...it had the super 12 logo looking mighty fine!

well its up to you springbok to which view your going to use

I guess...but I had a look at some of the Vids now...and I must say..the one in the Broadcast view (in my opinion) does the game justice!
It looks great!

I do get the feeling that it might however not play so well...I don't know.
But the classic doesn't do the game justice!
THAT'S A FACT!!!

As for the Brumbies vs. Crusaders...it's like you said mate! It does look fantastic!!

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 2 2005, 06:23 PM
Oh...Okay!
<

The Broadcast view looks great though!
But I think the zoom limitation might make it difficult to attact or handle kicks for that matter!

Okay...Kinkon89 you convinced me!
Side view it is!
<
You legend! You won't regret it mate.

PS - don't go broadcast - of course it looks good - but it won't play like sideview.

Everything to do with kicking you will get used to - I could land it on a dime in JLR which is Very Very similar.

Enjoy!
<
<

The Side view and Broadcast view doesn't differ all that much does it?

Do you know if the Game has somthing like a performance tracker?

i.e Keeping track of tries scored by a player and total caps...**** like that?

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 3 2005, 12:37 AM
The Side view and Broadcast view doesn't differ all that much does it?

Do you know if the Game has somthing like a performance tracker?

i.e Keeping track of tries scored by a player and total caps...**** like that?
Yes!

Good question...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKSSSSSS
LLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY!!!!!

Did he hear me?

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 2 2005, 07:13 AM
Looking at the videos and as someone has mentioned before, the AI wing and number 13 tend to drift to the touch line together as a unit, leaving a big gap between 12 and 13 to exploit. This happens quite a few times.

As there is one glaring gap in the line, this is clearly the best way to expolit the AI defence. i.e Pass the ball to number 12 or 13 and run through the gap, POTENTIALLY making for a one dimentional approach to attack, especially as there are precious few gaps anywhere else.

Now, I havn't played the game but does anyone else see this as an issue?

Cheers
Maybe this is becoz the AI is doing a wide defence??? u kno how u can set ur defence formation? and wen wide formation is chosen the centre and wing drift... but if u were to choose tight then that gap wudnt appear... its logical

Latest posts