• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AI defence

Originally posted by 187+Mar 3 2005, 03:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Mar 3 2005, 03:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Mar 2 2005, 07:13 AM
Looking at the videos and as someone has mentioned before, the AI wing and number 13 tend to drift to the touch line together as a unit, leaving a big gap between 12 and 13 to exploit. This happens quite a few times.

As there is one glaring gap in the line, this is clearly the best way to expolit the AI defence. i.e Pass the ball to number 12 or 13 and run through the gap, POTENTIALLY making for a one dimentional approach to attack, especially as there are precious few gaps anywhere else.

Now, I havn't played the game but does anyone else see this as an issue?

Cheers
Maybe this is becoz the AI is doing a wide defence??? u kno how u can set ur defence formation? and wen wide formation is chosen the centre and wing drift... but if u were to choose tight then that gap wudnt appear... its logical [/b]
Yes i didn't think about that - can you really adjust the defensive formations? I havn't heard anything about this.

jimmy, I thought you of all people would have noticed in the clips that when the player is on defense at a ruck, the setplay menu (d-pad) comes up offering the choices of defensive formations.

Standard, Kick, Wide, Tight, Happy and Doc.

Those last two might be dwarves.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 3 2005, 06:19 AM
jimmy, I thought you of all people would have noticed in the clips that when the player is on defense at a ruck, the setplay menu (d-pad) comes up offering the choices of defensive formations.

Standard, Kick, Wide, Tight, Happy and Doc.

Those last two might be dwarves.
Must have been too busy watching something else! I guess this explains the gaps sometimes.

Cheers

Latest posts