• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ALERT!! ALERT!!

L

Los Lover

<

OKAY!

<<New Cricket 2005 Release Date
Posted by Barty on Wednesday, 20th April @ 8:29AM

EA have advised us that the NZ release date for Cricket 2005 has come forward. Originally expected late in July, Cricket 2005 is now expected to be released on June 30th. The game will be released simultaneously on Xbox, PS2 and PC CD-ROM.

Some of the improvements include allowing you to play with domestic teams in England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. An all-new Twenty20 tournament will also be included with season modes also on offer. The game will revolve around a TV style presentation including a full action replay mode, third umpire, animated ducks, TV style overlays, field position editor and much more. >>

f*** you EA...

No one brings forward a release date - f***ing no one!!!
This means thye have realised that their game is a graphically updated piece of **** and they are trying to get two weeks worth of sales in before BLIC comes out and pulls the rug out from under them,....

Unbelievable - there release date was originally a fortnight AFTER BLIC......they have obviously realised that no gamer worth their salt was going to buy their take on the nuances of cricket after Codemasters had given the public forst option.

I implore all of you to rent and not buy this game unless it demans you do....don't get sucked in by these f***s guys....you are better than yet.

Good lcuk nest time AW -focus on the rugby and learn that as long as their is competition from geuine companies like Codemasters you will get shown up and humiliated like you have this time for trying to make money instead of please people....stop making a fool of yourself.

Actually, RPIC (BLIC for Australia and New Zealand) has been pushed back 10 weeks anyway, although BLIC in the UK will still come out at the right time.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 28 2005, 03:47 PM
<

OKAY!

EA have advised us that the NZ release date for Cricket 2005 has come forward. Originally expected late in July, Cricket 2005 is now expected to be released on June 30th. The game will be released simultaneously on Xbox, PS2 and PC CD-ROM.

Some of the improvements include allowing you to play with domestic teams in England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. An all-new Twenty20 tournament will also be included with season modes also on offer. The game will revolve around a TV style presentation including a full action replay mode, third umpire, animated ducks, TV style overlays, field position editor and much more. >>

f*** you EA...

This means thye have realised that their game is a graphically updated piece of **** and they are trying to get two weeks worth of sales in before BLIC comes out and pulls the rug out from under them,....

Unbelievable - there release date was originally a fortnight AFTER BLIC......they have obviously realised that no gamer worth their salt was going to buy their take on the nuances of cricket after Codemasters had given the public forst option.

I implore all of you to rent and not buy this game unless it demans you do....don't get sucked in by these f***s guys....you are better than yet.

Good lcuk nest time AW -focus on the rugby and learn that as long as their is competition from geuine companies like Codemasters you will get shown up and humiliated like you have this time for trying to make money instead of please people....stop making a fool of yourself.
I fully agree to that post

EA are tactically doing this.......they arent confident of the gameplay of their product.

Look at the post I read from CricketWebs BLIC rep..referring to BLIC's looks and feel

I must say the graphics look very poor compared to Cricket 2005 but gameplay is what's most important and it will probably kill Cricket 2005 in that aspect

the decision to delay Ricky Ponting will only hurt the retail sales in australia

those in the know, and willing, will get BLIC from the UK via the WWW.

I am, and it suits me coz i hate Punter...................Lara on the other hand - I cant get enuff of him at the crease........bring on his game, bring on his face, bring on BLIC, and get lost AW/EA........finally a competitive market will finally be the end of ur monopoly, when the public all find out, how long and far u have pulled their legs, with ur pieces of shite in AW's agenda.

Originally posted by JJ-@Apr 28 2005, 05:06 PM
Actually, RPIC (BLIC for Australia and New Zealand) has been pushed back 10 weeks anyway, although BLIC in the UK will still come out at the right time.
<

<
<
<

<
<

<

<

<

<

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have pre-ordered through gpstore my copy of BLIC for early July (11th I think it was)........Oh god!!!

At least I can hire Cricket 2005 and see if its as crap as i know it will be (at least in gameplay comparison with BLIC)...I will use a voucher at video ezy so that no cash actually leaves my hand for it.

<
<
<

Man, you lot are just mental (not you JJ).
I'm happy that they have brought the release date forward. Yes, it is a tactic to get a jump on competition, we are lucky there even is competition. It's a good tactic. You don't become the number 1 publisher in the world by just lieing around and letting superior games steal all your money.

Previously this game was coming on 12th July and then they pushed it back to 30th of june and this kind of changes happens usually.I want to let you know one thing that firstly they were looking forward to release this game as name of Cricket2006 later this year but then due to competition they are bringing it earlier.They know there is fierce competition so they have something to offer otherwise it was wise that they launch after the 6 month of Brian Lara release when people were looking forward to something new.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 1 2005, 03:40 PM
Man, you lot are just mental (not you JJ).
I'm happy that they have brought the release date forward. Yes, it is a tactic to get a jump on competition, we are lucky there even is competition. It's a good tactic. You don't become the number 1 publisher in the world by just lieing around and letting superior games steal all your money.
Both you and zifathingee state facts.....but make no point.

EA make american games for americans...that's how they became the biggest company in the world - b/c they are the richest...money begets money......and cheap tactics it seems.

I won't be sucked in on this one, especially after 2002 was better than 2004 - what a joke!

Originally posted by ak47+Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Apr 28 2005, 03:47 PM
<

OKAY!

f*** you EA...

Good lcuk nest time AW  -focus on the rugby and learn that as long as their is competition from geuine companies like Codemasters you will get shown up and humiliated like you have this time for trying to make money instead of please people....stop making a fool of yourself.

EA are tactically doing this.......they arent confident of the gameplay of their product.

Look at the post I read from CricketWebs BLIC rep..referring to BLIC's looks and feel

I must say the graphics look very poor compared to Cricket 2005 but gameplay is what's most important and it will probably kill Cricket 2005 in that aspect

the decision to delay Ricky Ponting will only hurt the retail sales in australia

I am, and it suits me coz i hate Punter...................Lara on the other hand - I cant get enuff of him at the crease........bring on his game, bring on his face, bring on BLIC, and get lost AW/EA........finally a competitive market will finally be the end of ur monopoly, when the public all find out, how long and far u have pulled their legs, with ur pieces of shite in AW's agenda. [/b]
So its ok for Visual Concepts to release ESPN 2K5 before Madden, but not ok for EA to release Cricket 2005 before Brain Lara?

Originally posted by Ripper+May 9 2005, 04:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ May 9 2005, 04:08 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
<

OKAY!

f*** you EA...

Good lcuk nest time AW  -focus on the rugby and learn that as long as their is competition from geuine companies like Codemasters you will get shown up and humiliated like you have this time for trying to make money instead of please people....stop making a fool of yourself.

I am, and it suits me coz i hate Punter...................Lara on the other hand - I cant get enuff of him at the crease........bring on his game, bring on his face, bring on BLIC, and get lost AW/EA........finally a competitive market will finally be the end of ur monopoly, when the public all find out, how long and far u have pulled their legs, with ur pieces of shite in AW's agenda.
So its ok for Visual Concepts to release ESPN 2K5 before Madden, but not ok for EA to release Cricket 2005 before Brain Lara? [/b]
shut-up rip

ESPN and Madden are BOTH quality games, and NFL games have an established sales base, so it doesnt matter whom brings what out first

EA's track record with our sports is laughable, and do NOT have an established sales base, so any ploy to con people into getting the 1st product released would be of more benefit...............problem is those in the know (TRF), realise that EA stink with our sports and are doing this for the people NOT in the know, to buy EA's product instead of BLIC's coz our sports games (cricket and ruggers) are subject to individuals (kids) buying 1 product not both, as opposed to Madden and ESPN which are both quality and people buy both.

I'll be getting both at this stage
but I know little children that would be subjected to get only one of them, coz parents cant justify spending $200 on games of the same genre.
Mum's and Dad's always say "oh son but u've already got a game like that"....in which BLIC sales will suffer as consequence if released at a later date.

thats the difference between BLIC's and Cricket 2005, v ESPN and Madden.

but in a nutshell - No its NOT ok for a developer to release an inferior product......it needs to cut the mustard, and EA's cricket series doesnt do that compared to Warnies...............so no, EA cannot bring out 2005, not early nor later until its up to scratch with a game of the same genre released over 8yrs ago.

EA are like drugs - They get u addicted and hooked, and monopolize the industry, which leaves u know option but to go back to EA for yo hit.........BLIC's finally gives us the option of going cold turkey!!!!!!!!!

Uh, Cricket 2005 will be alright, however has a smaller budget than Rugby. Ricky Cricket will be ace. Notice they actually have official bats. Ricky will i think have better gameplay - EA have been announcing all the fancy stuff like animated ducks etc. Ricky has been announcing what will keep them ahead in gameplay, also graphics look a'ight.

Originally posted by ak47+May 10 2005, 03:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ May 10 2005, 03:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@May 9 2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
<

OKAY!

f*** you EA...

So its ok for Visual Concepts to release ESPN 2K5 before Madden, but not ok for EA to release Cricket 2005 before Brain Lara?
shut-up rip

ESPN and Madden are BOTH quality games, and NFL games have an established sales base, so it doesnt matter whom brings what out first

EA's track record with our sports is laughable, and do NOT have an established sales base, so any ploy to con people into getting the 1st product released would be of more benefit...............problem is those in the know (TRF), realise that EA stink with our sports and are doing this for the people NOT in the know, to buy EA's product instead of BLIC's coz our sports games (cricket and ruggers) are subject to individuals (kids) buying 1 product not both, as opposed to Madden and ESPN which are both quality and people buy both.

I'll be getting both at this stage
but I know little children that would be subjected to get only one of them, coz parents cant justify spending $200 on games of the same genre.
Mum's and Dad's always say "oh son but u've already got a game like that"....in which BLIC sales will suffer as consequence if released at a later date.

thats the difference between BLIC's and Cricket 2005, v ESPN and Madden.

but in a nutshell - No its NOT ok for a developer to release an inferior product......it needs to cut the mustard, and EA's cricket series doesnt do that compared to Warnies...............so no, EA cannot bring out 2005, not early nor later until its up to scratch with a game of the same genre released over 8yrs ago.

EA are like drugs - They get u addicted and hooked, and monopolize the industry, which leaves u know option but to go back to EA for yo hit.........BLIC's finally gives us the option of going cold turkey!!!!!!!!! [/b]
<
<

love it......!!

so true I couldn't stop cracking up.

Originally posted by ak47+Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Apr 28 2005, 05:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
<

OKAY!

f*** you EA...

I am, and it suits me coz i hate Punter...................Lara on the other hand - I cant get enuff of him at the crease........bring on his game, bring on his face, bring on BLIC, and get lost AW/EA........finally a competitive market will finally be the end of ur monopoly, when the public all find out, how long and far u have pulled their legs, with ur pieces of shite in AW's agenda. [/b]
I've got both games, and I have to say I haven't played either yet. Just not into cricket at all

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 7 2005, 10:04 AM
Why would it be called BLIC in Australia and RPIC elsewhere?
It's called RPIC in Australia and BLIC everywhere else in the world.

Originally posted by ak47+Jun 7 2005, 12:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 7 2005, 12:19 PM)</div>
Originally posted by locksley@Jun 7 2005, 12:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Jun 7 2005, 09:36 AM
You have copies of cricket 2005, and Lara 2????

<
Yep!
well how bout a nice review of both games? [/b]
Do you realise that in your hands is the power of being able in inform us cricket gamers (who have never had a really decent cricket game to call our own) as to whether to part with our hard-earned bucks??

Do you have a friend perhaps, who has a prior knowledge of the previous cricketing game disasters, to give us an informed opinion on whether EA sports and HB studios have turned the corner on this one??, as well as tell us if Brian Lara cricket is the better game in the all important gameplay department??

come on Locks - we need some insight into the cricket games

Ashes fast approaching

EA's release expected in 1 month
BLIC's in approx 2 months, RPIC in Australia's september (NOT waiting for this)

these games are next on the list, as NRL2 isnt out for a while

The Ashes build up is really get me excited.........

HOWZAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell if he doesn't want to do em send em to me, ill do the reviews for ya!!!!!