• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks V Wallabies, Hong Kong, October 30th

<3 it when the camera man always puts the shot of the culprit on screen, which showed Donald a few times, and you could actually see on Donald's face that he knew that he was responsible for the loss...

lol all blacks lose one game and now there over there peak haha

and quade coopers a clown for slapping mccaw when they got the try... he ruined what was a great win for aus.

Thought it was very disappointing how the AB's resorted to cynical fouling when they were under pressure in the last few minutes.

I guess it does show that they're all about the result, even in dead rubber matches which is admirable i guess, but if they fouled there way over the line i'd feel for the Ozzies.

BBC webiste says it was Alby's kick that didn't find touch, not Donalds. Is this true???

multi lol at wikipedia!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Donald

Stephen Donald (born 3 December 1983) is the worst New Zealand rugby union player in history.

Career
On the 30th of October 2010 against Australia, Donald played perhaps the worst 10-15 minutes of anyone in All Black history.

Thought it was very disappointing how the AB's resorted to cynical fouling when they were under pressure in the last few minutes.
Aye, saw that too
Commentators mentioned there would've been 1 or 2 All Blacks in the bin if Aus hadn't quicktapped every penalty

Aye, saw that too
Commentators mentioned there would've been 1 or 2 All Blacks in the bin if Aus hadn't quicktapped every penalty
In fairness, the advantage time was terrible. The All Blacks had a penalty advantage that lasted 2 passes at one point. I honestly think Rolland is useless. He can't addapt to how a game is played. 5 second calls at the scrum, inconsistant advantage time and terrible calls at the breakdown for both sides. The number of times players dived off their feet, was incredible.

Anyone else notice Stephen Donald's high tackle? I hope he gets sited, banning him for a few games would ensure we do better, and we'd have to fly in another 1st 5/8th.

Great game. Finally Australia! Sheesh, you'd think you guys had a competent coach or something.

Seriously though, you guys have some explosive backs. Exciting, albeit dissapointing game.

However, I'm feeling so generous, that you guys can have Stephen Donald. Honest, one time deal only. (You guys can do what you want with him - trash compactor, fishes, leave him in the desert, etc).

Great game. Finally Australia! Sheesh, you'd think you guys had a competent coach or something.

Seriously though, you guys have some explosive backs. Exciting, albeit dissapointing game.

However, I'm feeling so generous, that you guys can have Stephen Donald. Honest, one time deal only. (You guys can do what you want with him - trash compactor, fishes, leave him in the desert, etc).

i think the wallabies would rather leave him playing for new zealand prefably starting

i think the wallabies would rather leave him playing for new zealand prefably starting
We don't want him.

Heck, I'd be surprised if the Pakistani rugby team would have him at this point. I heard the local butcher in Karachi has a pretty mean punt on him...

Well done to Aus, bout the only team that can match the ABs at such a frantic pace. A pity the rest of the end of year tour games will get no where near that. Donald should hang his head in shame f*ckn useless, can't kick, can't kick goals, can't tackle, can't even boot a ball out and you were on for only 20mins. Oh well Aus probably deserved that more than us in the grand scheme of things but atleast NZ can improve hugely from that performance, bring on the grand slam massacre.

Well done to Aus, bout the only team that can match the ABs at such a frantic pace. A pity the rest of the end of year tour games will get no where near that. Donald should hang his head in shame f*ckn useless, can't kick, can't kick goals, can't tackle, can't even boot a ball out and you were on for only 20mins. Oh well Aus probably deserved that more than us in the grand scheme of things but atleast NZ can improve hugely from that performance, bring on the grand slam massacre.
Donald should just hang his head...

We don't want him.

Heck, I'd be surprised if the Pakistani rugby team would have him at this point. I heard the local butcher in Karachi has a pretty mean punt on him...

Then you haven't seen the plumber in South Lahore!

I guess it does show that they're all about the result, even in dead rubber matches which is admirable i guess, but if they fouled there way over the line i'd feel for the Ozzies.

Wallabies are used to the Cynical Fouls the AB's get away with :p
Great last 15 minutes but imo wallabies played pretty poorly and were lucky Donald had the brain fart and missed that penalty.
i dont think we'll see Carter taken off so early again and i think Gits has played himself out of the 15. Coopers tackling was atrocious and almost had a meltdown when things didnt go his way. next time Deans needs to act quick and reshuffle the backline the next time quade goes mental. They could have gone 9 burgess 10. Barnes 11. Mitchell 12.beale 13 AAC 14 turner and 15 JOC earlier when the wheels started falling off for Oz. Some of these backs need to HTFU and make those hits stick as well as bettter support at the breakdown when theres nobody else there to cover. Wallabies at times committed way too many forwards into the breakdown and lose the ball a couple phases down the track. Worst example being Genia who instead of assisting his tackled team mate by clearing out and securing the ball, he waited for one of the pigs to turn up and watched the AB's make the turn over.
Best for NZ - McCaw, Nonu and Cowan.
Best for Oz - Beale and Pocock.

The ref was poor as well.

Barnes impressed me when he came on,
Didn't do big fancy moves like Cooper does, but had some good strong passing, and his first action in the match was to bring down Nonu (something with Cooper tried, and failed, to do several times)
While Giteau is a good player, i think with Cooper as good as he is ball in hand, and Barnes better defensive game, and O'Connels goal kicking, Giteau may have played himself out, as you said.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes in the 12 shirt for this tour.

AAC had a blinder as well, and is fast becoming as good at 13 as he is at 15

omg i can arely read as fast as this thread is crowing lol

Pocock was amazing i rate him more highly then Mccaw these days certainly Mccaw and Pocock are head and shoulders above any other 7's in the world

two things struck me about australia as i was watching the game

first cooper cant takle anyone over 15 stone he was beaten by Nonu twice aswell as whitelock and franks

secondly quade cooper has got the mother of all steps and is the most dangerous player in the wallaby back line

I had nothing to add to that everyone of you said before!
About Donald (I'm still laughing reading some of your comments: chocholate soldier, that pakistan butcher, useless, wikipedia and so on.. hihi I agree, and it's a shame because he's a good at SuperRugby level, but not for TM!), about Carter vs. Cooper, about O'Connor.

But I do not agree about Rolland.
Rolland refereeing was excellent, at breakdown, forward pass, scrum penalties, and about that long pause.
This is a new request from IRB, to extend the pause preventing all the earl engage from the front rows (Australian and not only!), here in Italy a few documents was sent to the referees, asking to break the timing of the 4 calls!

Rolland, to me, has been the MOM today!

Great match anyway, nz backrows dominate, but in the final minutes they gave away penalties and in the last 20 NZ didn't manage the ball well, to take their final advantage.
I don't know who's MOM... Read or Nonu for NZ, Pocock or Ashley Cooper for OZ.

(SOM) Shame of the match... well, you know who is it!

I had nothing to add to that everyone of you said before!
Great match anyway, nz backrows dominate, but in the final minutes they gave away penalties and in the last 20 NZ didn't manage the ball well, to take their final advantage.

LOLOL no Pocock dominated

In defence yes, Pocock was superb.

But look in attack: McCaw-Read-Kaino were everywhere! McCaw had 2 monster-breaks, Kaino's effort led to Cowan's try...

It's still maybe the only difference between McCaw and Pocock, the attacking ability, but I think it's only due to his young age, he will soon be great in attack too!

Latest posts