• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 10th 2010

That's just it He had an Ok game in that he didnt' do anything wrong but he doesn't seem to be able to beat a man but relies on trying to barge through- which he never manages He didn't spill the ball as he has been doing of recent times so that was good. However Jane was dangerous and can beat opponents easily - Kahui also and of course Gear - who can barge better than Rokocoko as well - so really its "do we pick wingers with the X factor or do we keep someone who has OK games"

Joe's main function as a wing is to score tries, something Hosea Gear has been doing for fun recently.

I thought the AB's would win but not by that much. I didnt see any of it or highlights so that's all I can say :lol:

to go back to the topic. Nz played really well.
Next game is Sa vs AUS. Hopefully Sa can recover and work on their weakness

Will be a good game as well

Like i said, we will be whooped. We cannot function without Fourie du Preez. Schalk burger needs to **** off, and so does that dirty c*nt Bakkies Botha. PdV needs to stop screwing around with playing guys out of position, and sticking to his favoritisms. john Smit is too fat, and too unfit. Give the captaincy to Matfield. having smit on the field is like playing with 14 men.

Bottom line: All blacks were far more hungry for the win, and were a far better team.

We were as bad as i said we would be, although i thought the scoreline would have been in the 40's.

Well done to New Zealand, very well deserved win, and i can only see them getting better. We have a lot of work to do. Time to get rid of dead-weights Smit, januarie, JdV, botha and burger. they are going to do nothing but tarnish any hopes we have of defending our ***le next year.

When was the last time you saw an All Blacks side

► steal three (count 'em.. thats THREE) line-outs off a Springbok side?
► steamroller a Springbok pack with the rolling maul?
► allow the Springboks no clean line-breaks?
► get a standing ovation from an Eden Park crowd?

This was an outstanding effort by the All Blacks. They effectively blew the Bokke off Eden Park with a ruthless display of aggressive, clinical rugby.

I never thought I would see the day when a Springbok pack would be so totally dominated at the breakdown, ruck and maul, that they would try to pull an "Italian job" by backing away from a maul.

New Zealand's main enemy now is complacency going into next Saturday's test at the Cake Tin.

Last edited:
I only shudder when I think of the ABs taking this form into the WC, thing are looking pretty grim for the Bokke. I just hope it's not a repeat of the 2008 tri-nations where we started losing at home and people boo'ed the Boks after games...

Incidentally, this happened right in front of Stuart Dickinson...

How on earth did he not see it?

Maybe that explains why he has not been appointed as referee to any Tri-Nations matches this year

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness, Dickinson is a bit of a twat.

Incidentally, this happened right in front of Stuart Dickinson...

How on earth did he not see it?

Maybe that explains why he has not been appointed as referee to any Tri-Nations matches this year

Crikey O Reilly!

I assume he will be/has been cited for that bit of UFC-ing

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't actually see that in the match (turned it on at about 3mins in) that really is disgusting.

The AB were awsome today
-They completely dstroyed the springbok pack and I havn't seen that happen in a long time.
-The AB backs were briliant always willing to run with ball in hand.
-The set piece was all New Zealand today
-New Zealands defence was strong
-The AB took every opportunity well

SA looked like they didn't care about losing. They were totally out muscled and out classed. I thought Kieran Read, Nonu, Donnelly,Muliaina,Mealamu were stand out players for me.

Botha is fronting the Judiciary as we speak (started 10am today)

I'll post when I hear the result.

What makes it a worse offence for me, is that a front on headbutt (if delivered as intended) is to smash into the front mid-section of the nose in a downwards motion and if not break it, then to cause it to bleed. Bad enough.

If delivered to the back of the skull just below where the bony part starts (in the softer part there), it's entirely possible to crush nerve endings, hit the top vertebrae, burst a blood vessel around that area and the total upshot is that it's a prospect that could do some very serious on-going damage.

I'm not saying that happened at all (botha hit the skull), but the chances of damage if he'd impacted lower are pretty high.

All that besides, it's bloody cowardly to hit any man from behind.

I failed to see how Dickinson missed it. Really poor work. I know linesmen apparently have a tough job ... so they say but what are they watching in the game? There are two touch judges surely one should be watching the ball and the other open play? I know it would be difficult but little incidences like this could be spotted and dealt with instantly.

On a more happier note. I personally felt NZ could have gone another gear. It was scary watching them today because they really out played South Africa. They bettered whatever South Africa could throw at them. Was really impressed today. Thought Weepu looked quite affective off the bench and it was nice to see Cory Flynn back in an All-Blacks shirt. Have to say also that Nonu is such a good line runner, when he took the ball up he took 2 or 3 defenders with him every time. Woodcock was pretty outstanding today also and Reed at 8 played well also.

I'm thinking that the South Africans will be a much more dangerous prospect in the next test. I think having a first hand look at our patterns will have done them some good and being away from the Auckland fortress will make for this being a closer affair all round.

Botha got 9 weeks.

Given his previous, its not enough in IMO.

He is gooooone from the rest of the Tri-Nations

Latest posts