1. Olo Brown

16. Keven Mealamu
17. Craig Dowd
18. Robin Brooke
19. Zinzan Brooke
20. Justin Marshall
21. Andrew Mehrtens
22. Joe Stanley

This was the offical Wallaby Team of the Decade that was announced in 2005...

1. Richard Harry
2. Phil Kearns
3. Andrew Blades
4. David Giffin
5. John Eales ©*
6. Owen Finegan
7. George Smith *
8. Toutai Kefu
9. George Gregan
10. Stephen Larkham*
11. Joe Roff
12. Tim Horan*
13. Jason Little
14. Ben Tune
15. Matthew Burke

Reserves: 16. Jeremy Paul, 17. Dan Crowley, 18. Nathan Sharpe, 19.Phil Waugh, 20. Chris Whitaker, 21. Dan Herbert, 22. Lote Tuqiri

You can't really argue too much with that team...

However... looking back, I would substitute Stirling Mortlock for Dan Herbert... Dan Vickerman for Nathan Sharpe... and Chris Latham for Lote Tuqiri...

If the team involved players from the few years leading up to 1995 then I would have Willie Ofahengaue for Owen Finegan... and Ewen McKenzie for Andrew Blades...

*These players would probably have to be the best Australian players in those positions of all time...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
  1. Gethin Jenkins
  2. Johnathan Humphreys
  3. Graham Price
  4. Alun Wyn-Jones
  5. Gareth Llewellyn
  6. Gwyn Jones (The next Lions Captain before his horrendus injury)
  7. Martyn Williams
  8. Scott Quinnell
  9. Rob Howley
  10. Neil Jenkins (Any clown who puts Jiffy here is seriously flawed)
  11. Dafydd James
  12. Scott Gibbs
  13. Alan Bateman
  14. Ieuan Evans
  15. JPR Williams (Last Cap: 07/02/1981 vs Scotland)

Metions:

Dai Young
Peter Rodgers
Garin Jenkins
Barry Williams
Rob Norster
Allan Martin
Emyr Lewis
Hemi Taylor
Rob Jones
Rupert Moon
Jonathan Davies
Steve Fenwick
Mark Ring
Mark Taylor
Mike Hall
Gareth Thomas
Paul Thorburn[/b]

Rupert Moon

for one he is english and two it was a travesty he ever played for wales ahead of Robert Jones.

Rob Jones had one of the greatest passes of any scrum half. was playing competitive adult rugby at 16. Howley only just shaded Rob Jones for me. Then you have pretty much every other guy who payed scrum half for wales ahead of moon as well. he was slow couldn't pass, his kicking was a liability and had an awful reading of the game.

Other talented scrum halves to have been capped for wales in the last 30 years would include, brynmor williams, dwayne peel, Kevin Ellis, Gareth Cooper, Mike Phillips, and arguably Phil John...

but definatly not rupert moon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  1. Gethin Jenkins
  2. Johnathan Humphreys
  3. Graham Price
  4. Alun Wyn-Jones
  5. Gareth Llewellyn
  6. Gwyn Jones (The next Lions Captain before his horrendus injury)
  7. Martyn Williams
  8. Scott Quinnell
  9. Rob Howley
  10. Neil Jenkins (Any clown who puts Jiffy here is seriously flawed)
  11. Dafydd James
  12. Scott Gibbs
  13. Alan Bateman
  14. Ieuan Evans
  15. JPR Williams (Last Cap: 07/02/1981 vs Scotland)

Metions:

Dai Young
Peter Rodgers
Garin Jenkins
Barry Williams
Rob Norster
Allan Martin
Emyr Lewis
Hemi Taylor
Rob Jones
Rupert Moon
Jonathan Davies
Steve Fenwick
Mark Ring
Mark Taylor
Mike Hall
Gareth Thomas
Paul Thorburn[/b]

Rupert Moon

for one he is english and two it was a travesty he ever played for wales ahead of Robert Jones.

Rob Jones had one of the greatest passes of any scrum half. was playing competitive adult rugby at 16. Howley only just shaded Rob Jones for me. Then you have pretty much every other guy who payed scrum half for wales ahead of moon as well. he was slow couldn't pass, his kicking was a liability and had an awful reading of the game.

Other talented scrum halves to have been capped for wales in the last 30 years would include, brynmor williams, dwayne peel, Kevin Ellis, Gareth Cooper, Mike Phillips, and arguably Phil John...

but definatly not rupert moon
[/b][/quote]

Nah your wrong with Moon I remember some of the games he played towards the latter part of his career especially against England and Scotland for Wales from which he came off the bench and gave a good account of himself!

He never played in front of Jones either! The only time he played infront of Jones was during friendlies and also when Jones was injured. You can check the wru site for the stas!

Next you will be telling me Shane Howarth and Jason Jones-Hughes should also be included in the greats list <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nah your wrong with Moon I remember some of the games he played towards the latter part of his career especially against England and Scotland for Wales from which he came off the bench and gave a good account of himself!

He never played in front of Jones either! The only time he played infront of Jones was during friendlies and also when Jones was injured. You can check the wru site for the stas!

Next you will be telling me Shane Howarth and Jason Jones-Hughes should also be included in the greats list <_<[/b]
no i wouldn't mate, shane howarth was good though...!

rupert moon played ahead of robert jones in the 1994 five nations, it was the team in which scott quinnell emerged, and Alun Davies was our coach, i think scott Quinnel was more responsable for our resuts where we beat scotland first, then ireland, then france in cardiff and very unfortunatly lost to england at twickenham.

jones was deemed not aggressive enough and he had upset the WRU by playing in South Africa the summer before for Natal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Next you will be telling me Shane Howarth and Jason Jones-Hughes should also be included in the greats list <_<[/b]
no i wouldn't mate, shane howarth was good though...!

rupert moon played ahead of robert jones in the 1994 five nations, it was the team in which scott quinnell emerged, and Alun Davies was our coach, i think scott Quinnel was more responsable for our resuts where we beat scotland first, then ireland, then france in cardiff and very unfortunatly lost to england at twickenham.

jones was deemed not aggressive enough and he had upset the WRU by playing in South Africa the summer before for Natal
[/b][/quote]

Hence why he got dropped and rightfully so ... Jones did not lose many caps!

15. S. Blanco / JPR. WIlliams
14. D. Campese
13. P. Sella
12. G. D'arcy
11. J. Lomu
10. D. Carter
9. J. Van der Westhuizen (cap)
8. S. Parisse
7. JP. Rives
6. Duseautoir
5. O'Connell
4. Bennazi
3. J. White
2. K. Wood / S. Fitzpatrick
1. T. Woodcock

given the turnover in French internationals they'd probably be one of the hardest teams to get an all time XV for, even from the 80s onward.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 30 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
given the turnover in French internationals they'd probably be one of the hardest teams to get an all time XV for, even from the 80s onward.[/b]
15 Blanco

14 Saint Andre

13 Sella

12 Jauzion

11 Dominici

10 Castinede

9 Michelak

8 Harinourdiquy

7 Magne

6 Betsen

5 Benazzi

4 Pelous

3 Califarno

2 Ibanez

1 De Villiers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thomas @ Mar 30 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3. J. White[/b]

who ?

Julien white ?

you do you think white was as good as jeff probyn ?

just on an english level i don't think he is good enough to warrant a place.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hence why he got dropped and rightfully so ... Jones did not lose many caps![/b]
so you reckon moon was better than:

David Bishop

Terry Holmes

Paul John

Dwayne Peel

Mike Phillips

Kevin Ellis

Still no South African XV? Well i will try it then i guess... Though, i am only going to name a team from 1995 and onwards...

15) Andre Joubert
14) Kabous vd Westhuizen
13) Robbie Fleck
12) Jean de Villiers
11) Bryan Habana
10) Henri Honnibal

9) Joost vd Westhuizen

8) Ryan Kankowski
7) Andre Venter
6) Francois Pienaar
5) Victor Matfield
4) Mark Andrews
3) CJ vd Linde
2) John Smit ©
1) Os du Randt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hence why he got dropped and rightfully so ... Jones did not lose many caps![/b]

David Bishop

Terry Holmes

Paul John

Dwayne Peel

Mike Phillips

Kevin Ellis
[/b][/quote]

David Bishop - Yes, he only had one cap

Terry Holmes - No

Paul John - Yes

Dwayne Peel - No

Mike Phillips - yes

Kevin Ellis - yes - never got capped for Wales!

Not hard really, ill keep on this fasinatic discussion because Moon's inlcusion was tounge in cheek! He was not as bad as you are making him out to be.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David Bishop

Terry Holmes

Paul John

Dwayne Peel

Mike Phillips

Kevin Ellis
[/b][/quote]

Terry Holmes - No

Paul John - Yes

Dwayne Peel - No

Mike Phillips - yes

Not hard really, ill keep on this fasinatic discussion because Moon's inlcusion was tounge in cheek! He was not as bad as you are making him out to be.
[/b][/quote]

he was also english mate...! surely a welsh player is better than an english player ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David Bishop

Terry Holmes

Paul John

Dwayne Peel

Mike Phillips

Kevin Ellis
[/b][/quote]

Terry Holmes - No

Paul John - Yes

Dwayne Peel - No

Mike Phillips - yes

[/b][/quote]

he was also english mate...! surely a welsh player is better than an english player ?
[/b][/quote]

So what if he was English, Tom Shanklin is and what difference does that make, mate you are trying to cause a stir when there's no need for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David Bishop

Terry Holmes

Paul John

Dwayne Peel

Mike Phillips

Kevin Ellis
[/b][/quote]

Terry Holmes - No

Paul John - Yes

Dwayne Peel - No

Mike Phillips - yes

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

So what if he was English, Tom Shanklin is and what difference does that make, mate you are trying to cause a stir when there's no need for it.
[/b][/quote]
shanks dad played for wales and shanks lives in tenby...!

rupert moon is from the midlands?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 30 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David Bishop

Terry Holmes

Paul John

Dwayne Peel

Mike Phillips

Kevin Ellis
[/b][/quote]

Terry Holmes - No

Paul John - Yes

Dwayne Peel - No

Mike Phillips - yes

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
shanks dad played for wales and shanks lives in tenby...!

rupert moon is from the midlands?
[/b][/quote]

Tenby ...

No he lives in just on the outskirts there, I know this for a fact!

So what if Moon was English its like saying Shane Howarth was Welsh!

Aaaaaahhh, you 2 are driving me mad! Now Gimley, give Cymro's Pokemon cards back and let's get back to civilised adult conversation!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Mar 30 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Aaaaaahhh, you 2 are driving me mad! Now Gimley, give Cymro's Pokemon cards back and let's get back to civilised adult conversation![/b]
ha ha ha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Mar 30 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 30 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
given the turnover in French internationals they'd probably be one of the hardest teams to get an all time XV for, even from the 80s onward.[/b]
15 Blanco
14 Saint Andre
13 Sella
12 Jauzion
11 Dominici
10 Castinede
9 Michelak
8 Harinourdiquy
7 Magne
6 Betsen
5 Benazzi
4 Pelous
3 Califarno
2 Ibanez
1 De Villiers
[/b][/quote]

can't ever recall De Villiers playing at loosehead for the French, would certainly have Marconnet ahead of him, think he could play both sides.

As for Michalak, no no no no no no no no no, no. Galthié, Berbizier as well as several other scrum halves are streets ahead of the flaky Michalak.

No Jean Pierre Rives either, the man's an absolute legend of the game. I'd also make a case for Benetton as well, always thought he was quite a dynamic player. Always rated Roumat too, not sure about Castaigneide could possibly go with Camberabero.

Latest posts