15:00
Stadium Arcul de Triumf

Lusitanos XV v London Irish
15:00
Estadio Universitario de Lisboa

Brive v Newcastle Falcons
21:00
Stade Amedee-Domenech

The only thing going in favour of the Biarritz game is that it is being played at a reasonable time........I really cannot see that many turning out to watch them play Worcester at 21.00 on a Friday night in December!!

Not having a load of luck really.......Thanks Olyy!

Very intersting selection for match against Oynnax tomorrow with Jonnah Dabtri starting at 9 from the Espoirs and Ben Whittaker the Australian International hooker on the bench. If that were not strange enough, we have Burotu (a centre) playing at 8.............I thought Saint Andre was in charge of the French team not Biarritz!!

It is probably the strongest team they can manage with the injuries and suspensions and I only hope that Taele, who has been made Vice Captain!!, can keep his aggression within legal bounds so we do not spend part of the game short staffed!

I have not seen the Oynnax team but would imagine that it will be a pretty good one because if is in their interests to try and beat BO and keep their confidence down with the Top 14 relegation battle shaping up (but not necessarily) to be any one of these two and Baiona

Pietersen, Ngwenya, Gimenez, Traille , Brew, (o) Waenga (m) Yachvili ,Furno , Burotu, Guyot; Taele , E. Lund; Gomez Kodela, Dabti, Menini .
Substitutes : Whittaker, Barcella , Van Staden , Lockley , Molcard , Lesgourgues ,Peyrelongue , Sella.

3 - 24 to Sale at halftime,
Tries from Miller, Peel and a(nother) scrum penalty try!

The only two bits of good news – it was a really lovely day (26 degrees) and a victory, at last, against what I can only assume was a depleted Oynnax team in a drab, dismal, and mistake ridden afternoon. I now understand why so many people dislike and do not attend Amlin games…no TV, no replay screens, no crowd noise and, consequently, no atmosphere despite the squeals of the many children that were apparently given tickets to try and fill out the place – an admirable move which they all enjoyed enormously.

Missed tackles, dropped re-starts, knock-ons, penalties a plenty, running up blind alleys, beaten at scrum and latterly line out yet, despite all that, BO still managed four tries……………I did say that it must have been a depleted Onnyax who were not that much better despite the plethora of possession!!

There were few highlights but the two breakaway tries were well constructed and there would have been a further two had Yachvili had a pair of hands and the excellent Waenga, from another super break, thrown a decent pass!

Yachvilli, place kicks and two sublime corner kicks apart, was awful and should have been subbed long before he was but without him there is no proven kicker. Pieterson did at least catch everything that was kicked at him but missed his tackles again and was caught in possession just too many times. Burotu was positionally lost at 8 but had a decent enough game despite that and Gimenz did all he was asked to!

Ben Whittaker, replacing the very promising Dabti, made his debut and his first FIVE throws went astray and the jumpers could only watch as it breezed over their heads…..another excellent signing from Blanco!!

A miserable game between two bottom sides that gave little hope that either would survive come the restart of Top 14 hostilities next week….and I will certainly not be going to the Worcester game at 21.00 on a Friday night in December after this rubbish in these meaningless games!!

Last edited:
Dare I say after my introduction to the depressing group stages of the Amlin................who cares!!!!!

Latest posts