• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Another stupid idea

M

Mr. Laxative

Well, I was thinking... it is hard to get copies of a lot of Swordfish games - namely JLR. Well, what if Swordfish open shops similar to EB Games? Now sure, logistically it could be difficult and I'm not sure how many games Swordfish have made, but if you include respected games (from different developers) distributed by companies that have distributed Swordfish games and big name mags such as OPS2, Official XBox and PC Powerplay in the store and just have more Swordfish stuff and big ads for SF games then maybe we could have more chance of seeing more games from Swordfish released... sport games.

That's a hell of a risk.

Lets say they do get a 500 billion trillion dollar loan from the bank and set up a Swordfish Games Shop chain around the world, selling approximately 5 newish games, and a few old school bargain binners, with the rest of the store taken up by other games, do you really think publishers would take notice and "commission" them to their potential big name brands?

Hey, they could always just post links off their website...

...Oh, and Swordfish just make the games, they don't sell them.

Because they'd be bigger than EA. That would mean that their cock would grow bigger than their leg. That would mean they would stop thinking about the rest of their body, and only concentrate on their genitals. (Genitals being a metaphor for money/greed, and body being a metaphor for the love of gaming)

This would mean that because of all of the steroids they take to boost their penis size even larger, their genitals would stop functioning properly. (steroids being a metaphor for bought-out companies.)

This would mean that instead of the lovejuice from their genitals, we'd be left with a pile of **** from their arse. (their arse being a metaphor for Take2Interactive).

Do you see where I'm cumming from?

We only need one EA.

Wow, that just created the most unnatural image ever...

..well done.
<

How about an online store, would only cost a couple of hundred quid to set up and that way I could track down a copy on JLR... mine's been broken for months and can't find a new one anywhere.

i dont think that it would be possible, considering the team has to change names/brands/companies etc every time they make a game. (ie. its not wcr2 is it?)

Well the ***le of the thread has hit the nail on the head I believe.

Firstly, I think Swordfish only provide the base data for the games, once they've passed that on to their publisher they're done with the game (unless they decide to patch it). Then the publisher makes the game DVD/CDs, cases, manuals etc. So they don't have much to do with selling the game apart from making it a good game, and maybe doing some PR and interviews.

Secondly even if they were involved it would be extremely unprofitable.

An online store with their old classics would be the way to go for some extra pocket money though.

Originally posted by mikmo@Jan 9 2006, 12:48 AM
How about an online store, would only cost a couple of hundred quid to set up and that way I could track down a copy on JLR... mine's been broken for months and can't find a new one anywhere.
Just use Ebay, I bought one just before Christmas.

When we sell the game to a publisher, we sell them the rights to publish the game - we are expressly prevented from selling it ourselves - which makes sense if you think about it.

As much as this is a nice idea - it would will probably never happen in my lifetime.
<

All of our games will be sold by VUG now.

How old are you Jacko? As your ideas are the stupidest, least thought through ideas I've ever heard.

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 18 2006, 06:13 AM
How old are you Jacko? As your ideas are the stupidest, least thought through ideas I've ever heard.
Harsh but ..... well harsh !
<

I'm 13 and I have problems managing the impulse! That's what my history teacher said...

Jacko's not far off the mark, standard business practise is to own another company that has the distribution rights, this is done at Director level not a Peasant level... happens all the time you just have to be seen to be discrete.

Jacko anyone that calls you an idiot is an idiot.

Jacko

Check HERE mate. Not sure if you can pay from Aus, or what the cost of shipping it over would be, but as you can see you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand version for cheap...

There must be some Aussie trading sites, dude.

Latest posts