• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anthony Mundine vs. Danny Green

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 17 2006, 06:07 PM-->
Originally posted by Dumbo@May 17 2006, 12:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@May 17 2006, 02:20 PM
I will never be surprised if this is rigged for a DRAW and a re-match for all in the circle to cash in twice in the biggest boxing spectical in australia.

Woooow, good point - this has been the biggest fight I've seen in Oz.
Lots of media attention, lots of dollars...

Hope it's not rigged
cant be rigged...danny green doesnt look like that kinda guy that'll accept a bribe over a fight.

and btw this isnt america :D ...thankfully [/b]
i agree about Green being straight down the line and honost

but i am thinking along the lines of it going all the way to a decision, and the judges coming to a split decision

ie - if there's a KO there's a winner

if there isnt, lets go again

the biggest fight in aussie history cannot be determined by judges opinion

its KO or DRAW in my book

and Mundine WILL NOT KO THE MACHINE

:bleh!:

Originally posted by shiznit@May 17 2006, 01:57 PM
Kessler is a good fighter no doubt, but hes not as good as Calzaghe yet. you only rate him coz he whooped your hero danny green's arse twice.
:lol: your boxing knowledge is immense.

Kessler and Green have never fought each other.

Now stop trolling , your making a fool of yourself.

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 17 2006, 02:07 PM
and btw this isnt america :D ...thankfully
Nor is it in Germany and Don King has nothing to with this fight........ can't be rigged.

If they rob someone of a deserved points decision 50,000 ppl will riot....... the Aussie public wont stand for that ****.

No matter who wins there will be a rematch at some point.

From Foxsports...
Both men left the stadium in a hurry to load up on carbohydrates ahead of what will be Australia's richest fight, with Green guaranteed $2.5 million and Mundine banking as much as $5 million with pay-TV operators Main Event and Foxtel reporting record sales for the big fight. [/b]

5 Mil!

shiznit this is an Ozzie fight... personaly I don't give a crap about anyone else... this is a big fight in Australia, that's what we are interested in.

Mundines ahead after seven, green getting tired. If he could just catch mundie with one big one...but he keeps missing. good fight so far.

tenth now, short of a KO the fight is mundines.

Mundine made green look bad. Sloppy fighting from Green sadly. Surprised by mundine. He fought a classy fight.

Great fight by Mundine :bravo: awesome display

post more later

too drunk ;)

Mundine is coming for Kessler

wooohooo..that was an awesome fight,the build up and err thing else..the fight was primo..best boxing bout ive seen in yonkas

but that green dude got his beans..other than round 1 he got owned..mundine has tha best evasive skills in boxing ive seen in a long while

i cant believe costa tzsyu was co-hosting...hes the freakin man!

good fight

i am really bummed to hear about shane camerons bout...he got screwed over..but thats boxing

if ya dont know..shane cameron is our next best boxer since david tua..whos still in the ranks..camron..if given the chance will be a top10 heavyweight contender...guarenteed

yeah that was an awesome fight!!!

mundine showed his class, **** i didnt think he was that good
showed his whole repetoire of skills, wicked speed & a lethal upper cut

Green got Abo-lanched.
Funnt very few people have any respect for Mudine... all because of his comments about Sept 11.

Well for my money he was right, you play with fire your gonna' get burnt.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 18 2006, 03:30 AM
wooohooo..that was an awesome fight,the build up and err thing else..the fight was primo..best boxing bout ive seen in yonkas

but that green dude got his beans..other than round 1 he got owned..mundine has tha best evasive skills in boxing ive seen in a long while

i cant believe costa tzsyu was co-hosting...hes the freakin man!

good fight

i am really bummed to hear about shane camerons bout...he got screwed over..but thats boxing

if ya dont know..shane cameron is our next best boxer since david tua..whos still in the ranks..camron..if given the chance will be a top10 heavyweight contender...guarenteed
What happened to Cameron?

Screw that for a game of cat n mouse

the main event - the one on everyones lips was

BIG JOHN HOPOATE - THE LORD OF THE RING............POOFINGER 'STOP-A-FARTY HOPOATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 SECONDS OF HELICOPTER ACTION AND BOOM

THE BIG FELLA GETS ONE THRU AND THE OPPONENT IS THRU!!!!!!!

Screw you Mundine u big dancing prancing cat

Kessler better send him back to his backyard............I have no time for love tappping dancing farkers........

I need to watch another Hatton fight

Mundine is a tool, no doubt, be he wooped Danny Green last night.

I felt sorry for Hoppas opponent, he might as well hav been a girl.

Thought the best quote was "Hoppa's opponent may as well of been a moving punching bag..."

Man did Hoppa's opponent cop some punishment in those 45 seconds, well the 10 seconds at the end anyway, 4 or 5 heavy hits to the swede.

And what about his challenge to Mark Geyer! Would like to see MG kick his arse, he'd have too much reach and not be throwing haymakers all day like a Butterbean...

Cameron's opponent unfit to fight
18 May 2006 

New Zealand's Shane Cameron missed out on his biggest boxing opportunity so far when his Nigerian opponent Barthelemy Chukwuma was declared unfit to fight last night.

The contest was supposed to be the main undercard of the Anthony Mundine-Danny Green World Boxing Association (WBA) super-middleweight eliminator in Sydney.

Cameron, 28, was hoping the 12-round fight for the vacant WBA Pan African heavyweight ***le would catapult him to international stardom.

It was not clear why the Nigerian was unfit to fight.
[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3672118a1823,00.html

no real reason for camerons fight, pussy :D

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 18 2006, 02:13 PM
Thought the best quote was "Hoppa's opponent may as well of been a moving punching bag..."

Man did Hoppa's opponent cop some punishment in those 45 seconds, well the 10 seconds at the end anyway, 4 or 5 heavy hits to the swede.

And what about his challenge to Mark Geyer! Would like to see MG kick his arse, he'd have too much reach and not be throwing haymakers all day like a Butterbean...

Naa, the best quote was:

"Look at Hoppa's opponent. He's wearing more leather than Fonzie!"

:bravo:

The commentator was throwing out cliches left right and center so fast and at the threshold of pain I missed that one :p

Mark Geyer? Hes no boxer! Didnt he fight Inga in fight for life? I think maybe he won, but only coz Inga ran out of steam coz of too much Kfc. Geyer had a very girly style, Hoppa would kill him.

Latest posts