• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any need to commit men to the ruck?

M

mikeeboy

On defence specifically, I find that any turnovers seem to occur instantly, due to isolation, and very very rarely does the ball pop my side after a few seconds in the ruck. On defence, I find I'm having more success just sitting with a tight defence and staying away from the bind button.

Not even sure if this is a criticism as I guess this is quite realistic.

Loving the game, it's the dog's b*******

the thing which annoys me about the rucks is sometimes when u are trying to do a set play quickly from a ruck the comp will turn u over if u take too long but no matter how long it takes them and even if u have everyone possible at the ruck u cant turn them over.

Originally posted by best_fullback@Feb 21 2006, 10:13 PM
the thing which annoys me about the rucks is sometimes when u are trying to do a set play quickly from a ruck the comp will turn u over if u take too long but no matter how long it takes them and even if u have everyone possible at the ruck u cant turn them over.
Yep that's annoying, I think in that situation it's important to pile your forwards in.

The trick is to hav asteady stream of forwards coming in while the triangle is flashing. Dont start adding them until it starts flashing, that way youll hav a continuous stream while you wait for the setup. The opposition will just about never turn you while you are adding forwards. Dont add them too quick.

Yup Ceejay pretty much spot on but also start hitting your set move on the d-pad just before hitting the deck and it seems to work quicker.

Guys just like real ruggers you won`t be using set moves at every ruck so use them when the time is right as you have more control over normal back line and can run your men back towards the support if there is nothing on. Set moves will get you turned quicker if you don`t have momentum.

Hey anyone notice that some players will tire if they run the whole length of the field? Almost like an invisible sprint bar. happens with Habana quiet alot.

if you look to the bottom left of the screen when your in possession there is a bar that drains away when you sprint. i find that most my players dont get that bar empty, only when say jason robisnon has gone the length of the field

Yeah, as the game wears on players get tired, and big runs drain them. Its cost me many tries in WL.

I like it quiet realistic. If they keep building on this game I reckon we will have a winner soon. There is a hell of alot of little things they implemented in this game that are not in 2005 so they are progressing.

Try playing on a muddy pitch, you won't be able to go 10 metres at full speed.

just beet tonga 42 - 0 on elite world cup pool match

it was hell fun playing the tongans... so easy to win rucks i just threw it around. at half time i got on quite a few subs to try build some form/moral for the big game against england in 2 rounds

I just played my first Tri nats onelite 10 mins halves, and aussie dealt to me 25 nil. Not off to a good start. I brought Reihana, Tipoki, Ralph and Ryan into the starting lineup and payed the price.

has ant1 else noticed a countdown clock that appears under the score in top left of screen. its only happened to me once or twice and i've played a lot of games so far.

always when opposition have the ball in ruck situation. the scrumhalfs name appears n under it a clock counts down from 4 or 5secs. was wondering if its a glitch or something to do with the ref awarding scrum or a turnover.

Originally posted by ds_cru@Feb 21 2006, 01:11 PM
has ant1 else noticed a countdown clock that appears under the score in top left of screen. its only happened to me once or twice and i've played a lot of games so far.

always when opposition have the ball in ruck situation. the scrumhalfs name appears n under it a clock counts down from 4 or 5secs. was wondering if its a glitch or something to do with the ref awarding scrum or a turnover.
I think it's the time left for a player in the sin-bin... that's the only time I get it...

The fatigue/tiredness thing...
you set that with the fatigue setting in game settings.
Hope that helps guys.

Just a quick question(s) from an unfortunate still waiting for the game, does the comp now perform substitutions without having to have an injury first and can you swap players positions around during a game. Ta.

Originally posted by ozzy@Feb 21 2006, 07:24 PM
Just a quick question(s) from an unfortunate still waiting for the game, does the comp now perform substitutions without having to have an injury first and can you swap players positions around during a game. Ta.
The AI sadly doesn't do any subs if there isn't an injury.

You can move players position during a game though, and make multiple subs.

i never commit guys to a ruck while defending unless the player was isolated...

this makes defence alot easier

Thanks Harrison, oh well half satisfied is good enough I suppose. Bloody EA and their incremental improvement marketing strategy.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Feb 22 2006, 08:30 AM
You can move players position during a game though, and make multiple subs.
thank god for that, i'm sure someone else said you could do position swaps

Latest posts