• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any people play games online?

J

-JJ-

I'm thinking about getting PS2 online, and was wondering what games other people play online (even if it isn't on PS2).

Here's mine:
PC
Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory (free legal download). Find me as -JJ-

PS2
None yet
PS2 possibilities
SOCOM2
ESPN NFL 2K5
Racing game (eg V8 Supercars 2 or Burnout 3)
Soccer game (eg Fifa 2005)

PC
* Battle for Middle Earth
* Armies of Exigo
* Horizons
* Counter Strike
* Need for Speed Underground 2
* A bit of Age of Empires here and there and maybe some BETA from time to time.

If anyone has any of those games and wants to go on with me just say.

PC

Playing now:
CS:Source
Half-Life Deathmatch

Use to play:
Counter Strike
Battlefield 1942/Battlefield Vietnam
Star wars Battlefront
Age of Mythology
Warcraft 3

Battlefield 2 isn't far away so i'll probably get that

i play COD thats but yea its gay becuase the guys that have pings of like 50 when u have a ping of 300 think they are the **** i just think imagine if i had fast internet these guys wouldnt have a **** show, i mean i come second third consistantly and sometimes first and im the only one with that higher ping in the top 10, so what im trying to say is i must be pretty good to be able to compete with guys that have internet making it capable to run like a lan game!

I play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory quite a lot. My screen name is 'Twirl', so if you see me say Hi and then I'll kill you
<
Unless you're on my team obviously.

I have PS2 online and its actually not to bad! it dosn't have lag apart from the occational game and its normally full of people ready to play!

Games i have for PS2 Online:
Socom 2 - Really good for online play and dosn't take long to be as good as the top players!

NFSU 1 - Not really to good, has the most lag and im sure there are people that r eather cheating or dont do anything else in life but play that game.

Hardware - For a free game it's really fun, I play it often and it dosn't get boaring! Not that many poeply ready to play it though.

Killzone - I love this game!! and the multiplayer is good too!

Games i really want for PS@ online:

Any NFL game - I reacon that would be good as fun! But i don't even own a nfl game
<
anyone wana sell a 2004/03/05 game to me??

Also the head set side of it is quite entertaining when you hear other stupid people winging that they got killed! haha, it can get a tad weird though sometimes.

I hope that helped you with your decision JJ
<

Yeah, you should get ESPN NFL 2K5 when it comes out, only $50 new.

I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the headset, especially as this shite is costing a bit more than I thought it would (eg line filters).

I'll probably just play Hardware and ESPN NFL 2K5 when I first get online, then SOCOM2 (and hopefully Rugby 2005 will be online).

Is the headset neccessary for SOCOM?

SaintsFan_Webby - Not sure if I'll ever see you there unless you play on NZ servers, my ping for UK servers started at 400 (although I am getting broadband whenever they decide to activate it).

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 11 2004, 05:32 AM
Yeah, you should get ESPN NFL 2K5 when it comes out, only $50 new.

I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the headset, especially as this shite is costing a bit more than I thought it would (eg line filters).

I'll probably just play Hardware and ESPN NFL 2K5 when I first get online, then SOCOM2 (and hopefully Rugby 2005 will be online).

Is the headset neccessary for SOCOM?

SaintsFan_Webby - Not sure if I'll ever see you there unless you play on NZ servers, my ping for UK servers started at 400 (although I am getting broadband whenever they decide to activate it).
Which servers do you play on? I play on a range of servers, not just UK ones, so if you give me the server names or IPs you use I might give them a go.

The Quiet Bridge (ETPro) in New Zealand (203.97.94.163:27960) [custom maps]
Any of the Xtra (ETPro) ones in New Zealand, however sometimes they are locked (203.96.92.104:27961) [usually normal maps, but sometimes custom]

I try to stick with ETPro, and if I can't find a good NZ server I might play on Aus servers, sometimes Internode servers in Aus.

That's about all they I regularly go to.

Do you use the All Seeing Eye? I've added you to my buddy list anyway.

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 11 2004, 09:56 AM
The Quiet Bridge (ETPro) in New Zealand (203.97.94.163:27960) [custom maps]
Any of the Xtra (ETPro) ones in New Zealand, however sometimes they are locked (203.96.92.104:27961) [usually normal maps, but sometimes custom]

I try to stick with ETPro, and if I can't find a good NZ server I might play on Aus servers, sometimes Internode servers in Aus.

That's about all they I regularly go to.

Do you use the All Seeing Eye? I've added you to my buddy list anyway.
I don't use that but I'll have to tryand get hold of it. I think I've heard of the quiet bridge servers before, so I'll look out for them.

It's a free download, however after a few weeks a message will come up saying would you like to register, then every week after that it comes up but you just click "No, I would like to try it for another week."

let me know how it goes JJ, if u go ps2 online

i am thinking of doing it but the costs are unknown to me

jinxed - approx how much does the whole thing cost to get hooked up, and how much per month etc, with which hours count online, and all that

i got no idea how it works, with the providers deals etc

PS2 online has no fee.

There's the initial cost of a network adaptor and thats it other than broadband and stuff.

For me it will be:
PS2 Network Adaptor (@ DSE for $70)
Router (@ DSE for $110, allows for internet and PS2 at same time without network card as this one has a USB thing)
Broadband initial connection (usually $99, but we got it free)
10m extension cable for PS2 to modem (around $20)
Line filters (2 @$18 each)
Monthly broadband cost (bliink $40)
Initial cost is=$236
Then monthly $40

If you've already got broadband you'll be right, just need a network adaptor for $70.

It was really cheap for me. My dad works for telecom so we got a better deal for the instalment of jet stream. I didnt bother with line filters. even with them it makes talking on the phone hard so my dad gpt something done so we didnt have to worry! Trust me its worth it woteva the cost!

To JJ - Nah noway. the headset is deffinatly not nessisary. In my opinion its probable better value to just buy the cheaper non-headset pack. All the headset does is add a little bit of fun when you first get it but you get ova it. The only bad thing about playing without it, some fathead players get ****** off with non-coms users and shoot you if they are on your team and place votes against you. This dosnt happen often but it is a tad annoying when they do that as i regularly dont use my coms.

I have a new PS2 - so the network adaptor is built in
whats this router business - i use a mobile so a landline is non-exitent - do i need a router

all i wanna know is

a. An installation fee - $99??
b. line filters?? - what r these and why do i need them
c monthly fee $40??? - why am i blinking

if i get a broadband deal, do i still pay $40 per month if i go away and never use ps2 online for the whole month, and do i still pay $40 per month if i quit work and play non-stop online for 30 days straight.

i have no PC, no land line for phone

All i want is my baby ps2, hooked up in broadband for daily beatings online!!!

Ok, you won't need line filters because they are put on things like landline telephones, and Sky Digital TV decoders.

Broadband deals vary, I've got $40 for 2GB which is enough for me, the cheapest deal I found was $30 but yeah, if you go to www.telecom.co.nz and have a look around you'll find the entire list of broadband providers in New Zealand, you'll have to do your own research to find which is best for you. You'll need a minimum speed of 256/128. Online gaming uses 10-20MB an hour, so if you use it for one hour a day you can expect to use 300MB-600MB a month. The bandwidth varies with each deal.

Connection fee is standard, but you'll often find that providers are offering them for free.

You won't need a router, but you will need an ADSL modem of some kind.

Finally, I don't even know if you'll be able to get it. When we got our broadband they had to enable it on our phoneline. And it does require the use of the line also.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("jinxed_nz")</div>
It was really cheap for me. My dad works for telecom so we got a better deal for the instalment of jet stream. I didnt bother with line filters. even with them it makes talking on the phone hard so my dad gpt something done so we didnt have to worry! Trust me its worth it woteva the cost!

To JJ - Nah noway. the headset is deffinatly not nessisary. In my opinion its probable better value to just buy the cheaper non-headset pack. All the headset does is add a little bit of fun when you first get it but you get ova it. The only bad thing about playing without it, some fathead players get ****** off with non-coms users and shoot you if they are on your team and place votes against you. This dosnt happen often but it is a tad annoying when they do that as i regularly dont use my coms.[/b]

It sounds like what your dad had done was a complete installation, which would usually be an additional $150, I'd rather just get a couple of line filters @ $18 each.

I read about the headset and it said that it uses an additional 5-10MB an hour which is too much extra for me.

Yeah we did use the line filters for a few weeks i just hated talking on the phone though because it was so hard to hear people, but its not unbearable.
We got the Xtra deal with 3 gig per month. And with internet useage and PS2 it still is quite far off going that far so its a good deal. And even if you do go over it just slows down to 56k rate without any extra charge so it wont cost you moonbeams if you go over your limit.

PC

Counterstrike, Battlefield 1942

PS2

Killzone &.... thats preety much it until NBA 2K5 comes out

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 15 2004, 11:31 PM
PC

Counterstrike, Battlefield 1942

PS2

Killzone &.... thats preety much it until NBA 2K5 comes out
normal counter strike or source? source is mint
<

Does anyone play UT2004 online? I just got it so I'm looking for good servers to play on.

Latest posts