• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are there any NH players better than SH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So at the moment the SH are playing better rugby - I think most people can see that.

However, what about at the last World Cup when there were a lot of NH teams making the running? Sport will fluctuate over time; no team will remain at the top forever.

At the moment it's blatently obvious the SH teams are playing better, but in terms of club (or franchise) rugby, then it's impossible to directly compare sides from different competitions unless you see them go head to head.

The All Blacks are a magnificent side because they have such a depth of talent at the moment. The fact that they were removed for half the Super 14 shows that this competition isn't essential in producing the cohesion and fluid style they have managed to create.

Basically, SH sides are currently playing the best, and they currently have the top performers in the world. However, it won't last forever."

Agreed.

Just a side question maybe not completely related: Who do you consider los Pumas players? SH or NH? I mean, from a geographical point of view they are clearly SH BUT they are almost all playing in the NH competitions.

i think argentina had to play in six nation all of them play in top 14 or premiership

Just a side question maybe not completely related: Who do you consider los Pumas players? SH or NH? I mean, from a geographical point of view they are clearly SH BUT they are almost all playing in the NH competitions. [/b]
Whilst the overwhelming majority of them play professionaly in the NH, Argentina are regarded as a SH side, seeing as though their country is in the SH.

how about elissade? hes really great, definitely will give gregan a run for his money

So are half of these overhyped SH players by the looks of it. Two semi finals, two NH wins.

Just goes to show what a feckin stupid topic this is.

There are some very very good NH players, no doubt about it, but the very best still all are from the SH. Like Du preez, Carter, Latham etc
Well theres a few contenders, like BOD (when hes playing well...) Jauzion, Peel, That USA winger who burnt habana....

So are half of these overhyped SH players by the looks of it. Two semi finals, two NH wins.

Just goes to show what a feckin stupid topic this is. [/b]

It still holds true though, the SH has more talented individuals. Only two people improved their stock today. One being a SH player in Ali Williams and the other is possibly Andrew Sheridan.

i must admit this is a pretty ridiculous question 2 b posed. tsk tsk

[/b]
I think both teams were looking towards the semis....

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
I think both teams were looking towards the semis.... [/b][/quote]

Hardly an excuse now, is it? So what do you call an Oussie or a Kiwi in the World Cup semi-finals? A referee!

Unluck boys, only 4 more years.

not really. getting dominated for 3 odd years and then suddenly pulling off a win is hardly trend changing. sure it did happen in the world cup but either france or england will lose next week which means they played 1 good game basically in 3 years of being dominated by the SH. I would still say that overall man for man the SH players are still better than the NH. A few would defintely sneak infront of the SH if they win the world cup

<div class='quotemain'> So are half of these overhyped SH players by the looks of it. Two semi finals, two NH wins.

not really. getting dominated for 3 odd years and then suddenly pulling off a win is hardly trend changing. sure it did happen in the world cup but either france or england will lose next week which means they played 1 good game basically in 3 years of being dominated by the SH. I would still say that overall man for man the SH players are still better than the NH. A few would defintely sneak infront of the SH if they win the world cup [/b][/quote]

Yes it was 3 years of getting dominated in unimportant matches. Then when it counts, well, you know.

C'est la vie.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> So are half of these overhyped SH players by the looks of it. Two semi finals, two NH wins.

not really. getting dominated for 3 odd years and then suddenly pulling off a win is hardly trend changing. sure it did happen in the world cup but either france or england will lose next week which means they played 1 good game basically in 3 years of being dominated by the SH. I would still say that overall man for man the SH players are still better than the NH. A few would defintely sneak infront of the SH if they win the world cup [/b][/quote]

Yes it was 3 years of getting dominated in unimportant matches. Then when it counts, well, you know.

C'est la vie.
[/b][/quote]

Congrats on making it further than NZ in this world cup. I hope like hell england lose next week so you and others rubbing it in now to us Kiwi's get it back in spades next week.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> So are half of these overhyped SH players by the looks of it. Two semi finals, two NH wins.

C'est la vie.
[/b][/quote]

Congrats on making it further than NZ in this world cup. I hope like hell england lose next week so you and others rubbing it in now to us Kiwi's get it back in spades next week.
[/b][/quote]

Well, never mind the outcome next week. The fact they made the semis and we crashed and burned, they'll always have the edge over us this time. c***s!!!!!!! :toss:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> So are half of these overhyped SH players by the looks of it. Two semi finals, two NH wins.

C'est la vie.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Sorry, is an Englishman rubbing your Kiwi noses in it annoying? Heaven forbid you're getting a tase of your own medicine from the last 4 years.

Oh, nice sig BTW! ;)

How about Castrogiovanni as being the best loose-head???

Anyway name a SH outside centre who's better than BOD or Jauzion! And you can hardly say Muliaina after last night's display :lol2tn: :p

And Serge Betsen the best blindside in the world???

How about Castrogiovanni as being the best loose-head???[/b]

Just as a note Martin Castrogiovanni was born in Argentina, he learnt how to and played the game in Argentina before moving to Italy when he was already 20 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts