• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina vs Scotland

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

who wouldve thought that this wouldve happened?

go argentina!!!..im expecting the scots to throw punches the whole match but if their forward pack gets worn down by the grunt and power of the puma's then im expecting a comfortable win...scots need to grind away for 80minutes...the pumas been putting up alot of midfield bombs to disrupt a decent d-line and then play with the scraps that the opposing team has given..the scots need to be smart and play the corners..use the line outs and mauls in puma's 20 and let there big centres and wings do the damage and break the advantage line in there 20..its anything goes from there with the scots..they just need to keep them down in that part of the field

if they let the argentina team settle then they are in big trouble

im predicting 27 - 20 victory to the pumas

One thing that has impressed me in this tournament is the Argies defence. Only Ireland managed to cross it...and the Scots hasnt look impressive in their offence, so will find it tough.

Argies to win this comfortably by 15 - 20 points.

Hope the Puma's win, then beat the South African's in the semi's... Now would that be great?

Argies have had good discipline too. Should be the best way to deal with Paterson's kicking. I'm expecting a well drilled performance from the Pumas 23-9 or similar scoreline. That said the Scots have been playing with their tails up and look relatively confident, so i won't completely write them off.

Argies have had good discipline too. Should be the best way to deal with Paterson's kicking. I'm expecting a well drilled performance from the Pumas 23-9 or similar scoreline. That said the Scots have been playing with their tails up and look relatively confident, so i won't completely write them off.
[/b]

Pumas was a team whit less penaltys against them, i expect they follow that way.

GO PUMAS!!!!!!

The Argies to dominate the scrums, rucks and mauls, and Fernandez-Lobbe to have another field day at the breakdowns. The Scots have also looked pretty vulnerable under the up-and-unders, especially against Italy, so expect a fair helping of that coming from the Argies.

One thing I`ve got to say for Scotland though- they`ve been comfortably the most impressive of the 4 home unions at this year`s RWC. They`ve shown much more passion and commitment than any of the other home unions. And they`ve played the smarter rugby too. But the reliance on Paterson`s boot and precious little else will worry them, as will the strong Argie defense.

I`m picking the Argies by 30-12.

Looks like a lot of Pumas fans in this thread, so let me wave the Saltire for Scotland a bit!

:)

Scotland are going into the quarter finals knowing they need to up their game after a lackluster performance against Italy and will surely be turning their performance up to 11 as the memory of their humbling surrender to the All Blacks fades into the distance, allowing them to concentrate on the future.

On the other hand the Pumas may be overconfident after their impressive performances in the group stage - look at how Loffreda is now talking up the Scots as a big threat, probabily trying to get his players to take us seriously for the weekend. Regardless, the underdog status can only help the Scots going into this match and make them fight harder to win!

Argies Up and under is annoying.
[/b]

But this is a world cup and as far as it allows them to get to the 1/4 (something that 12 out of 20 teams did not get) is good enough. :bravo:

<div class='quotemain'> Argies Up and under is annoying. [/b]
But extremely effective, when you have a guy the size of Hernandez to chase his own kick. [/b][/quote]

Simple plans often do well in rugby.

at what time is this fixture? i want to make sure not to miss it!!! gooo pumas...i think fiji could give SA a run for their money...and if they do it can only be good things for us!

I'm not saying that Scotland won't win this one, but I just can't see them winning it. The Pumas look too strong and look like a semi team, if not more, as I said last year when I predicted the final to be AB's v Pumas...

I believe that we have a chance against the Pumas! But we have to take the game to them and get the points on the board early! We need to forget about the All Blacks game and only take the good from the Italy one! We need to get the first try of the match and it needs to be relativly early! Hopfully Argentina give us enough penalties, so Paterson can keep the score board ticking!

And we need to be as strong in defense as we need to be in offense! I have know doubt that Argentina will also try to take the match to us, so we need to be carefull! Make the tackles at source and drive them back, if possible!

Now that is how i think we could beat Argentina! Lets see if they play it like that!

Argentina has beaten France
France has beaten New Zealand
New Zealand has beaten Scotland

So....

let's hope logic keeps all along! :cheers:

Anyway: just thinking that either Scotland or Argentina will get further than Australia and New Zealand, it's a weird sensation!

Latest posts