• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ARU/NZRU to refuse NH tours

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Just watch some NH club rugby for a season and then make your mind up.[/b]
Sadly these days ever since the first rant of John O\'Niell which has brainwaqshed most of the mindless majority down there, asking that of somebody of Southern Hemisphere orientation with his attitude these days is a bit like asking a league or football fan to try watching Union in case they actually enjoy it.

Chances are they will, but the sheer f***ing stubborness and \"holier-then-thou\" mindset means they never will.

I do honestly believe that if somebody in the SH is caught watching NH rugby during these current \'troubled\' times, they would be publicity berched.
[/b][/quote]

Teh Mite

i can confirm that what smartycooky says is right. If you don\'t get The Rugby Channel you can\'t see english or french rugby in nz. its just not broadcast even on any of the 3 sky digital sports channels.

<div class='quotemain'> @ smartcooky
Don't you think the plans to play the S14 teams is actually a very good one though? I do.

Playing a 2nd string touring side is to no ones benefit but the AB's playing the Reds in front of a full house in Brisbane (for example) would be very beneficial to growing the Reds as a brand and also promotes the S14.

[/b]

Yes I do. I think the AB's would have had a much better workout playing the Waratahs and the Brumbies and they did playing England, and the Wallabies certainly would have benefited.much more from playing the Crusaders and the Blues.

That was supposed to be a very good England side, so were were told, minus about 7 players due to injury. In the end, both matches were a walk in the park.
[/b][/quote]

Serves you right for believing whoever it was that told you a strong England side was selected.

Teh Mite

i can confirm that what smartycooky says is right. If you don\'t get The Rugby Channel you can\'t see english or french rugby in nz. its just not broadcast even on any of the 3 sky digital sports channels.
[/b]

So now its "NH Club Rugby is crap, FACT, because I can't afford the Rugby Channel"?

Quick! I can't afford Sky Sports! I'd better re-evaluate my opinions on the Guinness Premiership and the Super 14! Both are obviously rubbish.

However, there IS salvation! I can watch the Magners League and Australian Rugby League via Setanta online! They're now the best leagues in the world IMO.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> @ smartcooky
Don't you think the plans to play the S14 teams is actually a very good one though? I do.

Playing a 2nd string touring side is to no ones benefit but the AB's playing the Reds in front of a full house in Brisbane (for example) would be very beneficial to growing the Reds as a brand and also promotes the S14.

[/b]

Yes I do. I think the AB's would have had a much better workout playing the Waratahs and the Brumbies and they did playing England, and the Wallabies certainly would have benefited.much more from playing the Crusaders and the Blues.

That was supposed to be a very good England side, so were were told, minus about 7 players due to injury. In the end, both matches were a walk in the park.
[/b][/quote]

Serves you right for believing whoever it was that told you a strong England side was selected.
[/b][/quote]

Let me see. I read it in, The Times, or perhaps the Guardian, or maybe I saw it on BBC World Sport.

Honestly, if you cannot believe what you read in the British Press, then what can you believe, and what is the world coming to??? :ranting:

Let me tell you a small thing about the press regarding rugby; They're idiots who still think we're in 2002 and call the selection of Martin Johnson as England coach an "inspired" decision.

Let me see. I read it in, The Times, or perhaps the Guardian, or maybe I saw it on BBC World Sport.

Honestly, if you cannot believe what you read in the British Press, then what can you believe, and what is the world coming to??? :ranting:
[/b]
The British media don't actually watch rugby, you see. If you listen to and believe them, Jonny Wilkinson is still the best flyhalf in the World and Australia are still jealous of their superior ability. Also, Martin Johnson coming into the backroom squad was a superb idea and now England are favourites for next years Six Nations...
Meh, I really need to stop going on the 606 boards...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
The British media don't actually watch rugby, you see. If you listen to and believe them, Jonny Wilkinson is still the best flyhalf in the World and Australia are still jealous of their superior ability. Also, Martin Johnson coming into the backroom squad was a superb idea and now England are favourites for next years Six Nations...
Meh, I really need to stop going on the 606 boards... [/b][/quote]

Better than the Western Mail who still seem to think Gareth Jenkins is still Head Coach of Wales...

:lol: 606 :lol:
[/b]
606sh7.jpg

Better than the Western Mail who still seem to think Gareth Jenkins is still Head Coach of Wales...
[/b]
No dispute. Any rag where the chief writers in the sports section are Andy <strike>Howler</strike> Howell and Simon <strike>Knoberts</strike> Roberts is worth LOLLing at.
Hence my reasoning for calling it the Western Fail. <.<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Teh Mite

i can confirm that what smartycooky says is right. If you don\\\'t get The Rugby Channel you can\\\'t see english or french rugby in nz. its just not broadcast even on any of the 3 sky digital sports channels.
[/b]

So now its \"NH Club Rugby is crap, FACT, because I can\'t afford the Rugby Channel\"?

Quick! I can\'t afford Sky Sports! I\'d better re-evaluate my opinions on the Guinness Premiership and the Super 14! Both are obviously rubbish.

However, there IS salvation! I can watch the Magners League and Australian Rugby League via Setanta online! They\'re now the best leagues in the world IMO.
[/b][/quote]

to be fair i don\'t think thats what smartycooky is saying. I didn\'t see him post anything about how good or bad NH rugby is, only that we don\'t get to see it here, and so rugby fans don\'t care about it here.

real keen fans will seek out the information on the internet, or will get the Rugby Channel or both. However, what he also said was that the international NH rugby IS followed here, because we can. We get live broadcasts and delayed full match replays.

4chanqt1.jpg

EDIT: Also, Shimano, he still hasn't actually put any evidence forward to support his claim that NH Club Rugby is rubbish or that his claim are nothing more than an opinion held by him rather than a fact acknowledged by people the world over as he claims.

Nah, 4chan can be funny. 606 is just desperately pathetic and annoying. I only go on there to discuss club rugby and international rugby (when I dare), but then I get flamed for either:

a. Denying the greatness that is England.
b. For saying Luke McAlister (among others) > Henson.
c. Saying that Wales have good chances in the Autumn Internationals.
d. For calling out the steaming pile of turd that is England's backroom staff.
e. For saying Cipriani > O'<strike>Crack-Up</strike>Gara.

Nah, 4chan can be funny. 606 is just desperately pathetic and annoying. I only go on there to discuss club rugby and international rugby (when I dare), but then I get flamed for either:

[/b]

You deserve to be flamed for supporting point c.

4chanqt1.jpg

EDIT: Also, Shimano, he still hasn't actually put any evidence forward to support his claim that NH Club Rugby is rubbish or that his claim is nothing more than an opinion held by him instead of a fact acknowledged by people the world over as he claims. [/b]

Prestwick

Perhaps you could point me to the post where I said "NH Club Rugby is rubbish" (post number will do)

I said that "Rugby fans the world over are interested in International Rugby, but no-one outside of England gives a fat rats arse about the Guinness Premiership. Most couldn't even name a team that plays in it."

OK, so maybe that was a bit harsh, but I can assure you, there are no hordes of Tigers fans or Bath fans hear hanging out for the start of the NH club season. I mean that it is not followed anywhere other than Europe, but that doesn't make it crap. I watched and enjoyed a fair bit if the HC this year (I do have the Rugby Channel), but I would have been in a very, very small minority outside of Europe.

EVIDENCE: The fact is, there is not sufficient demand for it otherwise it would be broadcast. If there were hordes of GP rugby fans the world over demanding TV coverage of games, don't you think there would be more coverage. There IS sufficient demand for The Six Nations coverage in the SH, and that's why it IS broadcast.

The whole philosophy of domestic vs international rugby differs between the hemispheres. The the SH, domestic rugby is keenly followed, but it is considered a means to an end...Test Rugby being the end. In the NH however, domestic competitions are ends in themselves, and the international game is just a pesky nuisance that has to be tolerated.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Says Mr. anti-Wales who, despite popular belief and current form, thought France would maul us by 20 points a few days before we won the Grand Slam. ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Says Mr. anti-Wales who, despite popular belief and current form, thought France would maul us by 20 points a few days before we won the Grand Slam. ;)
[/b][/quote]

You do have a good memory Speedy, I'll give you that.

Can't wait for the "Autumn" internationals, they seem to bring out the best in this forum. Hope Lora is around by then :)

Can't wait for the "Autumn" internationals, they seem to bring out the best in this forum. Hope Lora is around by then :)
[/b]
He's always around during the Welsh tests so we'll be in for a good (hilarious) few pre-match build-ups here. :lol: The only thing that'll be missing is RC; anyone know if he'll post here again? :(

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
He's always around during the Welsh tests so we'll be in for a good (hilarious) few pre-match build-ups here. :lol: The only thing that'll be missing is RC; anyone know if he'll post here again? :(
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, when he returns for the good ol' U.S of A.

My sidekick, RC, will be back around October I believe.

He was rather chuffed with the awards given to him in his absence too!

Latest posts