• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes 2nd Test - Adelaide

boonanza??? its not really my thing sorry dude, i am part of the beige brigade and proud of it!!!!

At least we have some good backup (in form) quicks in the squad this year if Pidge cant play.

I'd definately go with Tait over Mitch for this match - he's been the form bowler in domestic cricket this season, the game is being played on his home ground and he just cleaned up the pom touring side twice in their practice matches...... how could you not pick him?

As for England, if i was a pom (perish the thought) i'd want the Indian and the Paki to come into the team for Giles and Anderson - that way whatever batting you lose from picking Monty you get back from having Mahmood in the team over Anderson (plus his bowling couldn't be any worse).Harmison's a pie chucker but who else have they got?.... exactly.... so your stuck with him.

I'll be ordering my Boony and Beefy on the weekend after i get myself a carton of VB (im not paying the bloody retail price FFS!)

Ponting seemed pretty ****** that Lilley offered to help Harmison sort himself out, has anything else come of that?

Ponting seemed pretty ****** that Lilley offered to help Harmison sort himself out, has anything else come of that?
[/b]

I haven't heard anything else

They are now claiming that Michael Holding has offered to help Harmy after he was spotted at training..... he has denied it.

Lillie has been offering to coach the aussie test bowlers for years but the ACB has never taken him up on the offer(supposedly some bad blood there). I think they believe he's doing this just to spite them.

Personally, i cant see a problem with it. Lillie has been coaching bowlers from all over the world for years, so i don't see why this should worry them.

Rodney Marsh is coaching the young English players...

Tom Moody is the Sri Lankan coach...

Greg Chappell is the Indian coach...

...get over it, it's 2006 FFS!

England have won the toss and will bat and both teams are unchanged from the Gabba.

I wish Michael Atherton would go, apparently he thinks Brett Lee's pace was a bit off last week, well if bowling consistently over 150kph/90mph is off then Athers needs another day job.

Ian Bell comes to crease, asks for his guard - two - and scrapes the marks with his boot,. There are three slips in for him: first, second and fourth
14.3 Clark to Strauss, OUT, oh dear, shocking shot. Strauss expects one on off stump, instead it pitches on middle-and-leg and he tries to steer it into the leg-side but gets a leading edge - and that's Clark's 29th wicket in just seven Tests. Yet again Strauss is dismissed on the leg-side
AJ Strauss c Martyn b Clark 14 (44b 0x4 0x6) SR: 31.81

oh well almost lasted 15 overs :)

2/116 in the 50th over

:zzz:

If these blokes want to make a century then we'll have to wait til the 3rd day

2/144 @ Tea

Poms starting to settle, both Bell and Collingwood picking up there half centuries.

It's time to pick up the run rate now if they're serious about winning this match, this pitch is a belter, i'd like to see them start playing some shots.

you were never really going to get that though while they were at the crease, with Pietersen there now the run rate has picked up considerably, still below 3 an over though.

It's a different game now with the SA skunk at the crease...... great veiwing..... get him Warnie!

I think it might have been the wrong decision to play McGrath ,he doesn't look 100%

You see the difference though with the 2 at the crease, Pietersen with 43 off 56 balls and Collingwood with 78 off 178, still though they do seem to complement each other.

Right at the death and Pietersen loses the head but luckily enough McGrath doesn't get anywhere near the catch.

England's day though, finishing play on 266-3

Of all the people to be feilding there it had to be McGrath :%#%#:

First day honors go to England, although they really should of score at least another hundred runs on such a batting friendly pitch.

We've scored slowly but if we bat well tomorrow we've played ourselves into a position when we ought not to lose the match. Some confidence should be restored. I agree with Truthy though, we need to pick up the pace as the pitch is a belter.

Of all the people to be feilding there it had to be McGrath :%#%#:

First day honors go to England, although they really should of score at least another hundred runs on such a batting friendly pitch.
[/b]

This was a very old style innings. Ground out gradually in a way that Boycott would be proud of (and he wrote the book on how to occupy the crease and do b*gger all).

Even if they could have scored an extra hundred, they've grafted their way into a good position. However if they lose two quick wickets tomorrow.....it'll all be for naught :(

TMS Blog put it best:

Originally posted by TMS Blog+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TMS Blog)</div>
This was one for the traditionalists, an attritional day of Test match cricket, just like the good old days.

The capacity crowd of 31,458 - the biggest crowd in Adelaide for 30 years – for the most part didn't know what to make of it.

The eastern side of the ground – awash with red, white and green with fans from Bradford to Llanyrafon – was certainly muted.

Perhaps they were just engrossed by what was unfolding in the middle. Paul Collingwood's knock, as old-fashioned as they come, received few cheers throughout but plenty when he walked off the ground two runs shy of a maiden Ashes century.

The Barmy Army, located at the Cathedral End, had to make do with their vocal chords and their enthusiasm after Cricket Australia confirmed its stance on not allowing musical instruments into the ground.[/b]

It is also worthy of note that the BBC spotted Brett Lee and Shaun Tait at a nice childrens ice cream parlour ordering their favourite treats.

<!--QuoteBegin-TMS Blog

"It was a kiddies-size chocolate ice cream. No sprinkles," Wyeth said.

Awww...bless :)

Edit: also, on one final observation. When watching 9 Network's feed, I've noticed that they've stolen most of the Cricket on 4 commentating team bar Athers and Boycott!!! Mark Nicholas on 9 Network?! Theiving gits!

Latest posts