• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes 2nd Test - Adelaide

What do ya reckon, England declare with a 200 lead and make a game of this? :D

No chance, given what Australia did to South Africa on the final day of the third test in Sydney I don't think England will be looking to give the Aussies a sniff.

OK, not meaning to sound like a suck record-player, but WHY oh WHY is Giles playing ahead of Panesar? Oh yes, superior batting and fielding presumably- and then he drops Ponting on 35.

Unless England can find someone to be penetrative with the old ball, and without Jones around they`ll struggle in that department, they might as well kiss the Ashes goodbye- Australia`s batting depth is just far too great. But hang on a second, there IS an English bowler who is quite penetrating with the old ball, as shown in seamer-friendly English conditions, against top-level sub-continent batsman brought up on a diet of spin. And he`s fit and available, in the touring party- and carrying the drinks once again. Why no Panesar?

Agreed but what's done is done and you've pretty much answered your own question, was funny on the commentary though, saying even Monty would have caught that one. lol

What do ya reckon, England declare with a 200 lead and make a game of this? :D
[/b]

I would

they need a result - any draw doesnt help

the confidence is high

quickfire 200+, and send us in with a sniff

if we dont have a sniff we'll shut-up shop..........if we shut up shot its DRAW..........

its time to see who's got the balls!!!!!!!

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Adelaide wicket had much more life in it three years ago than it does now?

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Adelaide wicket had much more life in it three years ago than it does now?
[/b]

deadset bloody oath.......traditionally always been a batting haven, but not this extent in 2006.

Normally you could throw in 2 spinners aswell.

It is the most boring flat/dead pitch i have seen in australia for a long time.

Steve Waugh has been blowing up at the latest pitch efforts in australia

Saying they have lost their traditional character.

WACA no longer has the spring/bounce/speed
GABBA now has speed
Adelaide - Flat n dead
SCG - Apparantly now flatter
MCG - Now is in huge media attention with domestic players saying its got a long way to go, before its TEST worthy......could be interesting this one........could be the pitch that actually does something.

WARNY!!!!!

HAS JUST BOWLED PEITERSEN AROUND HIS LEGS

I CANT BLOODY SEE IT, BUT THIS IS WHAT I AM READING

4 - FA - GAME ON!!!!!!

:cheers:

FLINTOFF - GOOORNE!!!!!!!

COME ON COME ON!!!!!

FARKIN COME ON!!!!!!!!!

:bravo:

Collingwood is 10 off 73 balls!!!!!!!!

He does need to stay, but he will run out of batters....he needs to post runs!!!!!!!

Crumble crumble crumble.

Warny - the single greatest sportsman i will ever see in my lifetime!!!

Warny > Tiger & Federer!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

And just when i was ready to call for his head, Lee comes up with one of the best spells of irish swing your likely to see.

Amazing stuff from Warne and Lee

This match will go into Ashes folklore if the Aussies can pull it off

Everyone has stopped working

The Sydney CBD has come to a holt, and the pubs are packed!!!!

I am leaving in 30mins, and bolting home via Cabcharge...no doubt in the cab i'll get some indian on the same page, on the ABC radio!!!! - TRULY BRILLIANT!!

I feel for the UK folk sleeping

as i type - LBW gooorrrne!!! - OOH AAH GLEN MCGRATH

9 gorne

9 down now

Do you reckon Ricky will tinker with the batting lineup? open with Gilly and Hayden, push Lee up the order?

Yeah it makes so much sense but Ricky can be a stubborn at the best of times

We need to knock off this 10th wicket quickly, 170 off 30 odd over could be tricky with the tactics allowed in test cricket.

EDIT: Can you hear Warney in the slips?... "Ham and pineapple pidgey" "lets get in and eat some some ham and pineapple McGRASSCUTTER" :lol:

Latest posts