• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes Cricket 2009

Had the misfortune to play someone who was a real dick when I played last night. I was facing the best guy in the world at ODI's a player called Chunnster. I'd gone into a league on the codemasters forum for NZ'ers and Australians. Turns out that I didn't have time to play someone who's not only far too good for me (or anyone really, it seems he's made this game his life), but who also sets new custom fields every couple of balls (as it takes damn near all night to play).

He scored 183 off his 10 overs and I was like "f**K this I want to play Arkham Asylum", so I decided not to quit the match but let him get me out every ball and just end the fiasco. Next minute I was getting abusive messages sent to me. I laughed them off and then continued to mock him back. He got more and more angry that I really couldn't give a **** what he said and was laughing at him. He was obviously trying to get me to block him, but I didn't I just took the **** back even more, saying he was great at cricket but needed to work on his insults as they were kinda funny.

So, he continues to get more and more angry till I get the final message from him and he blocks me. In that final message he calls me a "rugby forum pussy" in the ***le, lol. How'd did he know I was from the rugby forum, lol? I read on.

It was all this crap like "how'd do you like Los Lover now m'f**kerrrrr!!!!!!!!!". Saying that he owns my ass and basically saying that because I'm from NZ, I'm his local and that he could come kick my ass or some crap like that. Basically said that LL (as he put it) owns my ass (and presumably everyone from TRF) and that I am his "biartch", which is so 5 years ago and a comment which only makes people laugh. Who uses "biartch" and **** like that, lol?

He must've thought I'd been impressed that he was Los Lover and that he'd figured out who I am (when my username on psn is my name, lol). So, I sent him a message saying that he'd provided me with plenty of entertainment and that my flatties (wife and my boarder) were ******* themselves laughing at him. I said that he may be number 1 in ODI's in Ashes cricket, but he's also number one in my heart when it comes to someone to laugh at.

he blocked me. I cried.

So there ya have it. He's back and he's...........really good at cricket. His latest revenge on us all is that he is playing Ashes cricket and is for now the world number one at the game in ODI's. Mind you it appears to be his life, as on Saturday night I had about 6 or 7 mates around for drinks and they played rock band then Singstar before going in to town. The whole time I was getting messages begging to play Ashes cricket and telling us to get off those games and play him. Yeah......real party game Ashes, isn't it?

So, that's Los Lovers Saturday nights for you all. He's sitting at home playing Ashes cricket non-stop on his own (oh the mates he has).

LOL just LOL @ LL e-bashing you CA Iverson... i trully feel for him

is this game available on PC yet? what are the specs? i'd love to play online but i think my PC will need an upgrade!! :)

i havent loaded up the ps3 ashes in a month, but i can confirm i have played the Chunnster and i dominated him - epic fail to the kulch

so los lover - if you reading this - ak47 kicked yo ass

woot woot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Sep 7 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i havent loaded up the ps3 ashes in a month, but i can confirm i have played the Chunnster and i dominated him - epic fail to the kulch

so los lover - if you reading this - ak47 kicked yo ass

woot woot[/b]

Old AK dominated me at the game too, but the difference is that he's not a prize a-hole, lol. Glad you kicked his ass, he's probably only rated so high because your not playing it on PS3, lol.

lol magic, i'd love to give him a game, though he would kick my ass as well :) but brillient.

at least i have a life, not like him :)

off to chhc this weekend, should have another game sometime after I get back CA :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 7 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
LOL just LOL @ LL e-bashing you CA Iverson... i trully feel for him

is this game available on PC yet? what are the specs? i'd love to play online but i think my PC will need an upgrade!! :)[/b]

yep it's out on pc. there is a demo on the pc you could try to see if your pc can run the game ok. alternatively compare your computer against these spec I got off the steam store.

System Requirements
Minimum:

OS: Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 or above is recommended)
Processor: 2 Ghz Pentium or AMDâ"¢ equivalent
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 6800 / Radeon X1600 or above
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2.5 GB Hard Drive Space
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Recommended:

OS: Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 or above is recommended)
Processor: 3 GHz Pentium 4 or AMDâ"¢ equivalent and above
Memory: 1.5GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 8800GS or above, or Radeon X1900 series or above
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 3 GB Hard Drive Space
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card

In case you guys haven't seen Codies have confirmed a patch for PC/PS3/Xbox360. I've been testing the betas all week and there are real improvements. Not allowed to say much more than that though.

All thats available to know so far is on Planet Cricket, but it sounds like it will address a number of concerns including those ones.

thanks esoj. i have downloaded the demo. it runs on my pc but very poorly, even when i set it to 800x600 and extremely low detail. i thought this would be the case and i'll probably have to consider a pc upgrade if i wish to play games in future.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 11 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thanks esoj. i have downloaded the demo. it runs on my pc but very poorly, even when i set it to 800x600 and extremely low detail. i thought this would be the case and i'll probably have to consider a pc upgrade if i wish to play games in future.[/b]
aw man that sucks but understandable if your pc is perhaps a bit too far on the old side and previous generation technology. if it is a bit newer might be able to get away with just upgrading the graphics card.

nah it's a dinosaur mate :) no one's fault but my own. funny thing is though the old ricky ponting or brian lara cricket 2007 also runs a bit jerky whereas ea cricket 07 is smooth as. i guess i'll wait an see what EA have to offer, if/when something becomes available.

Release date is mid-October.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Sep 11 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
will the patch address online quitters and losing stats on the back of a quit match?[/b]

We're still gagged but don't despair on that one.

Hey Woosaah, what happenned?, was it failing to accept when you were accepting the invite or was it not coming up under show invites?.

Have the demo already for a couple of weeks, absolutely loving the game. Even had my first 50 with P. Hughes. My biggest score is 75/0 vs 1/0.
Will pick up the game during my next visit to London City.

it was coming up under the invites, it just failed to connect to you, think it was my end. i might need to port forward some stuff onto my playstation but I havnt figured out(or looked) at what ports I need to forward :)

Latest posts