• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes Cricket 2009

R

Radman

Just found this, watching the interview it seems it will be much different from previous versions. Announced for PS3, 360 and PC with a Wii version out later on. Hope online works sweet. Much looking forward to it.

HERE is the link to Gamespot AUs article and interview.

HERE is another Gamespot article with more info.

HERE is Kotakus article.

sounds promising. whether or not it delivers remains to be seen though. also interesting a wii version is being made might have to get 2 copies of the game one for pc the other wii.

2 cricket games this year....well that doubles the chances of a good one coming out.

Wii version has me very interested......i honestly havent played that thing in about 6 months.

Within the next month or two, should find out a date today when they launch it officially.

KINGWILKO will be here soon making his annual pilgremmage for the cricket cult :p

Just reading this on planetcricket

Its got massive potential

front/back foot shot options
new fielding dynamics
new bowling dynamics
dynamic weather
roster editor
custom tourny
good commentary team
classic matches
training mode

i just hope the stats are very deep and keep track....ie if i start an ashes series i wanna see stats for that ashes series only, not career stats that never change.........also if i create a player i want his stats to reflect correctly........what also would be good is profile stats.....so under your profile are players stats for that profile only...ie if i have played 3 TESTs as australia, under my profile would only have stats for those 3 TESTs as Australia, not the players careers stats

Looking good so far.

BATTA FEEL GOOD....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not that music again!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ May 11 2009, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
KINGWILKO will be here soon making his annual pilgremmage for the cricket cult :p[/b]

Hey, I've been posting in the rugby gaming forums all year! And in some of the 6N threads... ;)
I'm feeling a wee bit responsible for what they serve up after reading this in the Q&A though:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
JF: Heath's right: we'll be watching you. I know (I read it often enough) that you guys don't think we watch the PlanetCricket forums, but I assure you we do. Your review of 2007 pretty much formed the backbone (as well as, obviously, commercial considerations) of the 2009 design ethos.[/b]

so we now know who to blame if it is bad! ahah just kidding I <3 all the guys over at planetcricket. it's great a developer actually acknowledges the fans and uses their input on a forum to make a game better. All the changes they have made sound really good to me and I think it is safe to say has a few more people interested in how the final product turns out.

WOW THIS IS IMMENSE
This QnA is unreal, but i wont get too hyped up if i not already am
i remember with blic07, alot of promise was said, but it failed in crucial areas, especially in AI and online lag factor

Bowling/batting and fielding seems to be a lot more complex which is good

As long as they can get lag free online (which they should with the region selection they state) and AI to react to req run rates and situations upon them it should be a winner

But if any of these so called new changes are not implemented properly and flawed, it will have a flow on effect all around to the other areas which they mey get right

I liked blic07 â€" it did most things right for me except 1 major thing which killed its longevity â€" proper run rates and ai reacting to the situation………I should never get more than 10 runs per over in a TEST, and even if I ever did, the AI should hit more than 2 per over in reply

Here is an interview with Ricky Ponting talking about the Ashes. The game is playing in the background.

Only Aussies can watch it as it isn't viewable from NZ. AK, can you have a look and post your thoughts on anything you see that stands out?.

I actually saw this the other night on TV at home, and thought it was BLIC07

Now looking at it again………..its still very much similar to BLIC07

The panning of the stadia is new and very nice, and the shadows look great

Its about a step up in graphics as an annual EA sports ***le does.

The animations look identical, and I cant see the new bowling system with punters head in the way.

Its actually very promising…….if its BLIC/RPIC07 with improved graphics and proper AI â€" and few other tweaks it’s a winner

Everything I saw was an ODI

I don't mind that they've only licensed England and Australia as long as the names are editable. The other teams likenesses will be very approximated too. Why oh why can't the ICC stop giving out "exclusive" licenses? They should just license it to everyone for a flat fee. That'd make it easier for game developers and cheaper too. If they want to spread the word on cricket, this is a valuable tool.

Here is the FOX clip for those who haven't seen it. No sound tho.

Looks same old to me with a few new cutscenes. Will be a rent first if there's no demo to see what the gameplay is like first hand.

there has to be a demo prior to release - its just the norm these days
i'll buy it anyway, online with region selection is going to be awesome

Latest posts