• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes Cricket 2009

Of course we have to buy it. I don't care if it's the equivalent of Rugby 2004, we have to. Sales of this ***le is the only thing that will keep the series going on the newer platforms.

I'll buying the wii version without question when it releases a bit later. the game is looking more promising the more I hear and read about it so looks like I will be getting it on the other platform I have the pc.

I've been invited for a hands-on preview play but I can't get down south now I'm working full time.
Bugger...

aw man that does suck indeed :(. would have been a great opportunity to play the game early and I guess met some of the guys working on it.

well, this one looks better than the last versions. But ill have to wait and see some of the reviews. I dont want to have to wait until July for a cricket game but I will if I have too.

Ill wait and see if the EA version comes out on Playstation as well, hopefully one of these versions will be worth buying.

most probably get it on the wii when it comes out, as i need more games on that :) dont have many as it is. and that beach cricket is so stupid the scoring is all out of whack!

I'm really keen to see how it plays on the Wii as well.

Wiimotion plus has got me thinking how really good this game could be.

Trying to think of the viewing angle they'll go for. I know they won't use it but I'm sort of thinking first person might be cool as it puts you right in the batsmans view immersing you in the game, eyes follow the ball at all times using the shadow of the ball on the wicket as it comes down the wicket to judge distance, then it's a matter of getting the timing right. Could be real awesome if they get the ball physics off the bat right as well.

I expect alot but will go in with low expectations for their first crack at it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ May 15 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've been invited for a hands-on preview play but I can't get down south now I'm working full time.
Bugger...[/b]

I've managed to arrange a date I can make!
If any members in the UK (18+ only) are properly interested in going drop me a PM. Codies HQ is near Birmingham and the date will be a Monday later this month.

You'll be pleased to know that me and Cymro are going to be representing TRF at this meeting, and I will be bringing an exclusive report like I did for Rugby Challenge 2006 to the forum on the 22nd June.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jun 5 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You'll be pleased to know that me and Cymro are going to be representing TRF at this meeting, and I will be bringing an exclusive report like I did for Rugby Challenge 2006 to the forum on the 22nd June.[/b]

You can write the Planetcricket one too if you like. I'm pretty lazy!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingwilko @ Jun 5 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jun 5 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll be pleased to know that me and Cymro are going to be representing TRF at this meeting, and I will be bringing an exclusive report like I did for Rugby Challenge 2006 to the forum on the 22nd June.[/b]

You can write the Planetcricket one too if you like. I'm pretty lazy!
[/b][/quote]

The least we can do!

Nah, I suspect our members would expect me to write something. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time whilst I'm travelled half way across Britain.

King Wilko, me and Cymro are staying in a hotel nearby. Would you care to join us?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jun 6 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
King Wilko, me and Cymro are staying in a hotel nearby. Would you care to join us?[/b]

Thanks but actually planning on doing it as a daytrip and am flying in and out on the Monday (although late enough to get some beers in before I get the plane back).

Latest posts