• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes Cricket 2009

i hope there is some news on release date soon, as the series has started, but news on the game hasnt
i cant even see it being promoted anywhere after 2 days of the series start

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 10 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i hope there is some news on release date soon, as the series has started, but news on the game hasnt
i cant even see it being promoted anywhere after 2 days of the series start[/b]
If they are the kind of guys who are wanting to make it perfect and damn the hype of releasing during the first test, then good on them. I'd rather have kinks knocked out until the third test or something than them releasing something 20% less good than it could be. It's always the little things in cricket games that make all the difference.

So, you think that this little contest I'm setting up could be good? I'm hoping that the winner of the 360 comp owns a PS3 then they could hire the game and play the winner of the PS3 conference. You'd better win AK, lol.

Just been into HMV (UK) and they have the box for this with a 7 August release date... is that still unconfirmed?!

Its hard to confirm anything really

Website everywhere have their alleged ‘confirmed’ release date, but they all differ

Still nothing on the official side of information after the 1st TEST

Why is there no new info, when the series is well n truly cranking.

Its quiet strange, all the info has come from people on TRF and Planet cricket, and absolutely sweet nothing from Codies and Transmission themselves, apart from a few wee video clips etc

This wait is killing me..i wanna bowl at the cracks.

I have only seen the 13th august over this part of the world. So i wouldnt hold your breath for the 7th AK

YEAH 13TH down here
But i wont hold anything until something official is released.
imagine if ti got canned for until summer like cricket04

edit:
even the 7th and 13th seems a little to close with nothing official.
i have never seen something released within a month of confirmation or GOLDNESS

No news yet on the official codemasters Ashes 2009 forums. Thats the place to check and yep, still nothing.

Here is the news we've been waiting for.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6213527.html?...adlines;***le;5

Release date, trailer and rather shoddy animations. All forgiveable if it plays well and competitively.

yay release date confirmed now we just have to wait. might have to wait for reviews to decide to get the wii version or not. it seems to be ok but not exactly great either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Jul 19 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yay release date confirmed now we just have to wait. might have to wait for reviews to decide to get the wii version or not. it seems to be ok but not exactly great either.[/b]

I'm praying this is at least okay, because I have to buy it if I'm going to try and support future versions. This and Beatles Rock Band are what I'm after for the next 3 months.

i am likingthe video
admittedly the animations looks tragic in some shots, and in others they look unreal
i guess its the sacrifice they need to make so the batter can hit it anywhere
ie the animation is a cut shot, but you clip it fine down the 3rd man
i'd rather be able to hit it anywhere than have an animation choose the direction for me
excited very much sir

there are heaps and i mean like 5 video of the wii verion on gamespot uk
get involved
i am a little shattered the commentary is identical
audio wise, it wont be anything new
even the sound of the menu remains the same

planet cricket reckon there will be a press release tomorrow/tonight in the UK, basically confirming a demo

hopefully the press release is announcing the demo is ready for download!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 23 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
planet cricket reckon there will be a press release tomorrow/tonight in the UK, basically confirming a demo

hopefully the press release is announcing the demo is ready for download![/b]

seems like that could be right on the money. demo button is currently greyed out on the site for the game http://www.playashes.com/ so hopefully soon a taste of ashes goodness before the full game on august 7th!

Latest posts