• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes Cricket 2009

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jul 25 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im downloading it now![/b]

There you have it from one of our sober reporters, he's "downloading it now!". We'll bring you more on this incredibly slow moving piece of breaking news as more tired pieces of irrelevant information drift our way. Now in other less important news, Paris, the city of lights has been extinguished forever, by a freak meteor.

u can change the difficulty which is awesome
the whole game/demo is awesome
i am sober and can safely say, the game keeps u guessing with every delivery
honostly cant believe how good it is
still learning, haent won a game on normal diff, they get my runs in the last over,
still havent taken a catch, dropped like 5
and get this - my very 1st ever dismissal was an AI run out - something i havent seen for a good decade on console cricket.
dont get me started on the channel 9 menu music, already recorded on my phone for ringtone
going back to the crease now

actually, there is a worry on the AI run out - i have seen about 5-6 so far, on normal difficulty - i hope it doesnt rain run-outs on hard, when i master this piece

Alot more positive impressions than negative so far which is encouraging, the catching sounds a bit dodgy but I'll have to try it myself and find a vid that shows it in action.

Another vid here, shows the catching in action.

Do you have to hit the button as it hits the hands or just before?.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Jul 25 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another vid here, shows the catching in action.

Do you have to hit the button as it hits the hands or just before?.[/b]

When the ball marker turns green. Orange if you want the risk. People with good fielding ability will take the orange catches.

Ok I cant figure out bowling

I have only taken 2 catches for wickets â€" everything else is a run-out

What does each shade of green mean in the pitch marker for bowling

I am referring to the PITCH marker NOT the bowling meter (where the no ball can come in) as you release the ball

It can go from a dark green, to a bright green, and nearly yellow

It changes for all type of deliveries â€" so its not consistent, swing/cut will have a different length to a straight ball etc

I cant figure it out for sh*t

I stop it in the yellow, and batter blocks it â€" I swear yellow is too short or too long a pitch length

Then u get the post over hawk-eye animations, and its shaded out in RED on the pitch a good length, but I swear when I was bowling this length had varying shades of green on the pitch marker

FFS its killing me

When its DARK GREEN, it appears a good length, but the batsmen have had no worries playin the dark green deliveries â€" only the yellow ones, but I reckon yellow is a SH*t length, and is too straight on the stumps, and can be pulled easily

This is just an awesome game

Finally figured out the bowling, I have kept them to 5 runs off 3 overs, and even got 4/7 on easy once

I even got a maiden once

Playing on hard is real tough and will make you use the defensive strokes a lot more which is good

3 over demo just makes u wanna tonk it, so that’s why I think people find hard to much of a jump, but when you use all the strokes and have a plethora of overs to make runs, getting you eye in and making some strokes will be necessary

cant wait for the full version, I hope online has no lag, this will be played for years

My PB’s thus far

Easy â€" Rolled them for 4/7
Normal â€" Defended 0/78, kept them 0/9
Hard â€" Defended 2/25, kept them 0/22

I’ve had to stop playing

I wanna save this feeling for the full game, I haven’t played the same demo as much as this

Every match is different, every ball is different, every wicket seems different.
It swings more when the sun isn’t out

Online is going to be so fun, but this needs to be addressed
Changing bowlers every single over
If you quit you lose online

The PC version of the demo is up. Would download but it takes too long and I'm not sure my computer can handle it.:(

its alot better on pc - crispier look etc
looks more polished - not sure if thats the pc factor or a later build of the demo
still getting xbox version - got about 5 mates lined up for a belting, plus the usual fodder on TRF :p :p :p :p

:lol:

I don't have an xbox so can't compare between the versions but if you have a good enough pc to crank this baby up it will look superb and it really does bring you into the game as if you were out there. I just had a quick go and I think this has potential to be quite good even in the 3 overs you get in the demo a lot can happen. I only played on easy but the ai halfway through the second over started to smash me for bowling slightly wide and short of the off stump sending me to the boundary. by the third over their batsmen had such confidence they were just going for broke smashing everything that was not bowled in the right area. I think playing a whole test especially on the more advanced difficulties could prove a stiff challenge from the ai for a little awhile at least. playing against human opposition will be incredible I think and this game could perhaps have a very long future. I also played the demo on the keyboard which I definitely do not recommed for this game on pc it must be played on a gamepad to get the full enjoyment out of it. I got an old gamepad/joystick lying around here somewhere which I will be looking for tomorrow when I get to take on the likes of flintoff again for my own same slice of many more ashes moments to come no doubt when the full game comes out. I highly recommed getting a hold of the demo in some form either on 360 or pc(or ps3 if it comes out before the full game does) to give this a try because I think many of you on here will indeed like it and words cannot do this game justice.

Various outlets show that the game is apparently being released this coming Thursday for PS3 and a week later for 360/PC.

Maybe a make up for not releasing a demo, try and get all interested people to get on it first.

Latest posts