• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes Cricket 2009

Ok guys, this is one game I seriously want to get very involved in online gaming with you all. I want this to be PS3 as much as is possible, but do understand that there are quite a few who will prefer the 360.

I'm right now going to say that I will be very keen to start a league on forum and have a champion of the forum for PS3. I'm not huge on online gaming but I'll go the extra mile with this if it's as good as we hear I can promise you that.

So I'm just going to come out and ask who's joining myself and Woosaah in playing this on PS3? I'd like it if Radman (haven't gamed with him in forever), Saint Helens, Charlie (is talking of getting a PS3), Teh Mite and of course AK47 got involved. Any others more than welcome too.

I realise that AK will probably go 360 (citing the more people to play online or something, when he really knows all of us and just wants to lose anonymously on the 360, lol ;) ) but maybe the rest of you are up for some great competition?

I'm thinking it'd be a 10 over comp and that we'd leave it until two weeks after the games relased to give us all time to get our play up to scratch and our squads edited (New Zealand and South Africans most likely, lol).

So, who's keen?

That's fine. AK and myself will play on 360... You elitist ***** can play on your expensive machines... I don't mind having my arse kicked by AK...

haha, only prob with the 2 weeks thing as when it comes out on aug 13 ill be in aussie, i get back on the 23rd, but i dont get the game tilt he 29th. gf buying it for my 30th bday. then 2 weeks after that i am in going home to chch for my 30th with my family :)

but as soon as i get it if you see me playing it (which will be probably all the time like) you will just need to throw me an invite :D

i so cant wait for this game :) i think we should have a comp around labour weekend, kinda like an online anniversary of when you came up here :p wait, its your daughters bday that wont work :p lol :D

I'm happy to be in 2 tournaments, one on either console. Plus I have NO doubt some of you will want the Wii version as well.

CA - I might suggest a 20/20 match so you get the proper fielding restrictions etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jul 9 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm happy to be in 2 tournaments, one on either console. Plus I have NO doubt some of you will want the Wii version as well.

CA - I might suggest a 20/20 match so you get the proper fielding restrictions etc.[/b]

By the way Dan, whats your psn id?

Good to have this kind of feedback, we can work together to iron out the details. Okay, how about a 20/20 tournament then? Each game could take upto an hour and a bit playing through 40 overs though. Still, players could save it every 5 overs and maybe even have a break in between playing each innings?

I agree with Woosaah on waiting for the tourney a little, but we need to capitalise on the enthusiasm that comes with a games release. Maybe making it a month after release? A few friendlies could be played to test things out first in the weeks leading up to it.

I propose playing this tournament with a draw that we work out on the forum here and played in one off friendlies. That way if someone doesn't play their league game or is holding things up a little with availability, then the next one can be played.

As for kaftka, we'd play on a joint ps3/360 network if we could, lol!

X360

Sorry guys all my mates have X360’s

Apart from the 5-6 on TRF, I don’t have any PS3 friends….

I know of atleast 20 people getting this for X360, and thus the competition is much larger….and clearly better, if I am part of it 

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 9 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
X360

Sorry guys all my mates have X360's

Apart from the 5-6 on TRF, I don't have any PS3 friends….

I know of atleast 20 people getting this for X360, and thus the competition is much larger….and clearly better, if I am part of it [/b]

Yeah no probs, quite understandable. Was just kidding around with the whole "you don't want to be beaten" stuff. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 9 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was just kidding around with the whole "you don't want to be beaten" stuff. :D[/b]

You never know, if its that good i may get multi-plat so i can increase my scalps

:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 9 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jul 9 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was just kidding around with the whole "you don't want to be beaten" stuff. :D[/b]

You never know, if its that good i may get multi-plat so i can increase my scalps

:lol:
[/b][/quote]

I've almost given up hope with rugby and cricket games. I can only pray that it's that good that you'd want it on both plats, lol.

360 for me as well, if I can afford it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Jul 9 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
haha, only prob with the 2 weeks thing as when it comes out on aug 13 ill be in aussie, i get back on the 23rd, but i dont get the game tilt he 29th. gf buying it for my 30th bday. then 2 weeks after that i am in going home to chch for my 30th with my family :)[/b]

what part of aus?

going to gold coast for a week, then off to sydney. going to the bledisloe cup test over there

Okay so we have this so far:

Xbox 360: AK47, Kaftka, Cymro, Saint Helens RLFC

PS3: C A Iversen, Woosaah, Roddy, Radman

Wii: Woosaah

Undecided (of format or purchase): Teh Mite, getofmeland, esoj, kingwilko, Kage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jul 10 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dan wont want to play me again after the dishing I gave him![/b]

I'd like to play you though, but guess with you being 360 it won't happen for now.

Thanks Roddy, have edited my post and put you under PS3.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jul 9 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Au contraire, mon omelette, I want to ensure that payback is dutifully dished out!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jul 10 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Jul 9 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Au contraire, mon omelette, I want to ensure that payback is dutifully dished out!
[/b][/quote]

So, that puts Dan in the Xbox 360 squad then. Thanks Radman, putting you down for PS3. :)

Latest posts