assistant coach for the Wallabies

stallone699

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Australia
I follow Rugby League and Rugby Union.

I would like to know if you agree with me that the Australian Rugby Union should offer Wayne Bennett a position as an assistant coach role during the RWC.

I honestly believe that he has plenty to offer the Wallabies and it would be a huge PLUS for the players and our chances to win the World Cup.

Also Michael Cheika ,the coaching panel and the players would gain so much from Wayne Bennett and I have no doubt in the very near future it would make the Australian team much stronger mentally and finally able to beat The All Blacks more often.

I follow Rugby League and Rugby Union.

I would like to know if you agree with me that the Australian Rugby Union should offer Wayne Bennett a position as an assistant coach role during the RWC.

I honestly believe that he has plenty to offer the Wallabies and it would be a huge PLUS for the players and our chances to win the World Cup.

Also Michael Cheika ,the coaching panel and the players would gain so much from Wayne Bennett and I have no doubt in the very near future it would make the Australian team much stronger mentally and finally able to beat The All Blacks more often.

The coaching set up already has two world cup winners and a proven head coach.... not sure what Bennett would bring hey don't' already have.

Wayne is a legend but I think Cheika's challenge will be making the correct selections and combinations. Some involvement mightn't hurt. Maybe they could bring him in for a one off talk rather than full time employment like New Zealand did with Corporal Willy Apiata.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Wayne Bennett. I'm from Melbourne and not a league fan.

I do however think we've got a solid group of Cheika, Larkham, Grey and Ledesma

Let me give you some information about Wayne. He has won 7 premierships , he also helped the kiwis to win the World Cup in League , I think that was 5 years ago.

He is now back with the Brisbane Broncos , last year they finished 8th. and at the moment they are on top and have a pretty good chance to win the final if they make it.

Wayne first started coaching the Broncos in 1988 and he left the club , I think the year was 2009, during that time Brisbane played in 6 grand finals and they won all of them.

When he left Brisbane, he went to St. George. the very 1st. year they were minor premiers, the 2nd. year they won the grand final.

Wayne would make a major impact with the Wallabies , he has the GIFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me give you some information about Wayne. He has won 7 premierships , he also helped the kiwis to win the World Cup in League , I think that was 5 years ago.

He is now back with the Brisbane Broncos , last year they finished 8th. and at the moment they are on top and have a pretty good chance to win the final if they make it.

Wayne first started coaching the Broncos in 1988 and he left the club , I think the year was 2009, during that time Brisbane played in 6 grand finals and they won all of them.

When he left Brisbane, he went to St. George. the very 1st. year they were minor premiers, the 2nd. year they won the grand final.

Wayne would make a major impact with the Wallabies , he has the GIFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a quality coach for sure, he's just not needed in the Wallabies set up, maybe the Kangaroos could use him?

Latest posts