• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia in New Zealand

• Thread starter All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan
  • Start date
That was a fantastic indication for the series, no one is prepared to lie down and let the game go!

Our shot play at the end was stupid as. McMillan did not need to leave his crease, McCullum did not need to play over the top (although he would of been a hero if it went for six), Vettori should have stood guard in front of his stumps instead of backing away and Marshall shouldnt be looking for high risk pre meditaiting boundaries with 13 runs needed of 11 balls. Seems like the pressure got to us.
I didnt see the top order bat so they are probably just as guilty i don't know. Awesome game none the less. Good to see Kasper get some tap!

Top order were too slow, only about 2 an over for the first 10 wasn't it? And only 3 an over for the first 20.

Stupid shots at the end, they just had to worry about getting singles for a little bit longer.

Can't blame Macca really - he does look like hes coming back into some good form. But when you can hit a six out of the stadium of sydmonds medium pace without leaving his crease why not do it to McGrath.

Sad ending for kiwi fans, although it was better than losing by 100 runs like it looked at one point.

NZ lost their heads badly.. Marshall played a pearler then must have got offset by the wicket of McCullum and Vettori so he tried that shot again - suicidely
<

All bodes well for a tight series, just needing 13 runs with 3 wickets in hand and not getting any is hard to take, especially against Aussie!

Were the people throwing rubbish and abusing McGrath a part of that Kiwi contingent who wear the old school jerseys?

When he was trying to take a catch? There will always be a group of drunks that will act badly at matches but I don't our supporting groups would ever do anything like that.

I saw on the news that you actually pelted full bottles and poor old Matty Hayden copped a bit of saliva. Too far.

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 21 2005, 12:34 AM
I saw on the news that you actually pelted full bottles and poor old Matty Hayden copped a bit of saliva. Too far.
I have seen the aussie fans react that way aswell

On the news tonight they were basically telling the Aussies to harden up.

I don't recall any incidents of Aussie fans tossing stuff at players but I do remember the laughter at when Murali injured himself. Is that comparable?

Originally posted by Serge@Feb 21 2005, 08:26 PM
On the news tonight they were basically telling the Aussies to harden up.

I don't recall any incidents of Aussie fans tossing stuff at players but I do remember the laughter at when Murali injured himself. Is that comparable?
There's always a group of drunks that act poorly at games. That's not why I'd be annoyed though. It was because it was the Kiwi supporters (the guys in brown) that did it. Our equivalent (the Fanatics) would never act like that because they know they are representing our country, especially when they go overseas.

well styris is out for nz with a knee injuyy wilson in the starting 11 James Marshall 12th man. Big question is who will bat 4 with styris out macMillian and marshall seem to be the favourites with both in good form. my pick is for macMillian to be at 4 as he can play big shot and boost or maintain the current run rate. marshall woul be 5 with cirans the next big hitter at 6 with McCullum in after cairns. Cairns could move up to 5 if nz are going well. Should be a cracker of a game today

aus going really well already goot 224 with 10 over to go 8 wickets in hand. Aus on track for 300+ and proabbly 2-0 up in the series, I can't see NZ chasing over 300 to beat aus. Most of the nz bowlers have bowled poorly wilson had 30 off runs off his first 3 and tuffey and mills going at 7 and 6 an over cairns 6 an over. The top order will have to fire big time for nz to win this one i can't see it happening aus 2-0 up

well aus made 313 off their 13 overs. no nz bowlers really bowled well apart from Vettori and astle. Vettori bowled 10 overs for30 runs and astle 6 ro 28 runs. Tuffey and Wilson very poorly with tuffey going for 72 runs off 9 overs and wilson in his first odi back going for 57 off 6 overs. mills and cairns both went for 62 off their 10 overs. I can't see nz getting 300 against the aus attack so i think its safe to say au 2-0 and series looking harder for nz to save

New Zealand got a fair dicking there by about a hundred runs. Poor bowling was the biggest problem. I missed Wilson bowl but saw he had shocking figures of 6 overs for 57 runs. Ive been wanting to hang him for ages. He doesnt deserve to be in the team, but no idea about domestic scene as to who to replace him with. All the other pacers got some stick though.
Top order didnt perform at all.
Well done to Vettorri who bowled and batted
<
best for NZ

awesome news sinclair has been dropped adams and papps brought into the squad james marshall has been kept in the squad as well. NZ squad for next 2 odis is

BLACK CAPS: Stephen Fleming ©, Andre Adams, Nathan Astle, Chris Cairns, Brendon McCullum, Craig McMillan, Hamish Marshall, James Marshall, Kyle Mills, Michael Papps, Daryl Tuffey, Daniel Vettori, Jeff Wilson

Has there ever been identical twins in the black caps team before? Or any international cricket team for that matter?

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Feb 23 2005, 04:49 PM
Has there ever been identical twins in the black caps team before? Or any international cricket team for that matter?
I'd say it's likely there has been identicle twins over the last 100 years in cricket.

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 23 2005, 09:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 23 2005, 09:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@Feb 23 2005, 04:49 PM
I'd say it's likely there has been identicle twins over the last 100 years in cricket. [/b]
Maybe in some team, but dunno about International

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 23 2005, 09:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 23 2005, 09:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@Feb 23 2005, 04:49 PM
I'd say it's likely there has been identicle twins over the last 100 years in cricket. [/b]
Why do you say that? Brothers are pretty rare, twins are extremely rare, and identicle twins in the same team doesn't happen all that often.

Latest posts