• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia v England #2

After watching the soccer today, I'm going to feel rather rude by ever calling the rugby team boring and predictable again...

Haha thats true, it was dire, England rugby is entertaining when you compare them to the football team. The footie team are another team with stacks of potential but just don't know how to use it though

Let's hope the ref doesn't take over tonight but I think that might be wishful thinking. Also hope he does a better job at the breakdown than Steve Walsh did the other night. He let both teams get away with murder and therefore helped to destroy the spectacle.

Do the RFU give coaching to the people in charge on how to not answer questions?
The aussie commentator/media people just interviewed Moody/Johnson and neither of them answered any of the questions, just went on about how its a new day and australia are a strong side etc.etc.

On a side note, is the Cook cup decided game by game, or is it for the series? Like, if we win this do we take the Cup home, or does Australia keep it as they hold it atm, and a draw means they keep hold?

Last edited:
Australia win the first scrum, with Cole off in the blood bin

The Aussie 2 and 3 are dicks though, Steve Thompson is basically a senior citizen, how dare they pick on him :p

Tim Payne concedes a penalty for throwing a punch at the Aussie hooker. Wrong decision imo, the hooker kicked off, Rocky Elsom threw the first punch (or at least pushed Thompson with a closed fist), Payne got penalised for throwing the last punch. Even the Aussie commentators think it's the wrong call, and we all know how much they love the English...

3 - 3

Last edited:
Shows what an idiot Payne is for retaliating.

Wally was brilliant though, standing there laughing in the faces of half the Australian pack! :lol:

I'm amazed; In 10 minutes, England have dome more positive rugby now then they have in the past 12 months.

Very unlucky not to get a try, turned over 1m or so out

Can Cole see out of that eye? Looks as swollen as in Rocky when they cut them open...

Aussie Tighthead having another little push on Thompson.

Obvious they're targeting him. Good choice too, he's always played more on instinct then with his brain.

Ben Youngs try!
First start, gets a try!
Fantastic work, Aussies didn't know what to think with Lawes and Easter in midfield though they were going to smash it up, and youngs just runs through a massive hole

Whats happened to Dan Cole?
Injury wise? Took a blow to the eye/eyebrow a few minutes in, fair bit of blood, but got stitched up and came back on, looks nasty though, like tennis ball on his face

After watching the soccer today, I'm going to feel rather rude by ever calling the rugby team boring and predictable again...

IMO, this is a great opportunity for Rugby to gain more football fans since the English Football team is in the heat, I hope England dominate Australia so we can convert more fans over.. (no pun intended to our brothers across the ditch)

Watching this on an Australian feed and the commentators are unbelievably funny. By a mile the most biased commentary I've evr heard.

Watching this on an Australian feed and the commentators are unbelievably funny. By a mile the most biased commentary I've evr heard.

LOL seriously i was just thinking this, when they were talking about the mud on the aussies face after the scrum collapse

And awesome try their by England

Chris Ashton!
Where the hell did this England side come from?! They're running the ball and scoring tries