• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia v Ireland

I really wish that Aussie umpire would shut the f*** up, not a peep out the proper ref McEnaney, yet this gimp seems intent on making a name for himself, shut up and get on with the game, I'm sure the Aussies can count to 4.

Old habits die hard, Aussies well back into this one, Ireland fading as per usual.

Ireland win by a point! 44-45. I missed all but half the fourth quarter. replay worth watching?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 24 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland win by a point! 44-45. I missed all but half the fourth quarter. replay worth watching?[/b]

There'll probably only be highlights on later but worth a watch purely for Cavanagh's goal. Irish tackling was pretty much non existent, definite weakness to be worked on ahead of next week.

well done leighton glynn good to see a wickla lad representing his county at the highest level and bagging ten points to boot. having played against him i do feel a small bit of pity for the aussies ^_^

So second test is underway in Melbourne, pawltry crowd but good start for the Aussies with an over straight away, yet again Irish tackling inexistent.

Any Irish player hitting a wide in this game doesn't deserve to be on the pitch, same as last week McDonnell is not up to the mark, get him off Boylan.

Some of these calls from the Aussie umpire are pathetic, way too much protection for the Aussie players, even making calls outside of his zone.

Ireland in tackle shocker but yet again McDonnell messes up the follow up chance.

Aussies are being a bit harsh on the keeper there, more questions to be asked of the defence in fairness but good speed of play from Ireland.

Shambolic defending from Ireland for the Aussies' goal there, was the only way they were ever going to score but that could well be the turning point.

Yet again I'm like a stuck f***in' record with McDonnell but how many chances does he have to screw up before getting benched.

Right then will 18 points be enough of a lead for Ireland or can the Aussies rally in the final quarter, sucker punch from Ireland with the goal and an over to finish the 3rd.

Last quarter yips again from Ireland, hanging on for dear life with only a 5 point lead.

So a 5 point win in the end, Ireland were better value than that but missed chances nearly made them pay, the difference though this series was our ability to take the goals, I think that may be the most goals we've ever scored in a series, certainly since the revival in the late 90s. Thought Cavanagh was immense for us, surprised he wasn't given player of the series but there you go. The series is well and truly alive and I imagine there'll be a double header under the lights at Croker next year, so a nice earner for the GAA there.

Latest posts