• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Would genuinely rather no Saxons tour over a tour with Callard in charge.

You'd hope it was Callard "in charge" with Hepher "assistant" coach, if he has to go at all.

Would genuinely rather no Saxons tour over a tour with Callard in charge.

Yep it's a massive shame to say it

Imagine a squad of
1) Waller, Auterac, Hepburn
2) Haywood, Taylor, thacker/Neild (Assuming Hartley, George and Cowan-Dickie are fit)
3) Thomas, Cooper-Wooley, Harrison,
4) Barrow, Synmons
5) Gaskell, Kitchener
6) Wallace, Gibson, (Assuming Mike Williams injured)
7) Harrison, Fraser
8) Morgan, Waldrom (?)
9) Simpson/Robson, Spencer, Cook
10) Cips, Burns, Loz
11) Lewington, Addison/Thompstone
12) Hill/Devoto, Sloan
13) James, Thompkins
14) Roko, Wade
15) Pennell, Haley

That's just off the top of my head.

But wouldn't want Callard in charge of them.

I imagine a Saxons squad would be quite revealing re: who Jones sees as prospects.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Jones picking the England squad to play Australia; by this I mean can he pick a whole new squad. For the six nations he was only able to change up to 10 players from the RWC squad excluding injury replacements. Is it the same this time round or can he pick whoever he wants this time round?

Ah, who isn't EQP these days?

I think Neild is going to focus on back row going forwards - he's been outstanding this season (probably our best player). Dan Braid has said he can see him turning into one of the best backrowers in the country and he's going to be our forwards coach next season so I don't think he'll move back to hooker other than in an emergency.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Jones picking the England squad to play Australia; by this I mean can he pick a whole new squad. For the six nations he was only able to change up to 10 players from the RWC squad excluding injury replacements. Is it the same this time round or can he pick whoever he wants this time round?

Existing EPS from the 6N still applies. He gets a completely free reign when he names a new EPS for the new season - unsure if that'll be July as before, or October as it was 2014-15 for the first time.

Existing EPS from the 6N still applies. He gets a completely free reign when he names a new EPS for the new season - unsure if that'll be July as before, or October as it was 2014-15 for the first time.

Ta. Yep that is what I thought but could not find info on it on the RFU website. So Jones is pretty restricted for the Australia tour unless those in the 2015-16 squad drop out through injury.

Feel sorry for them TBH, if it wasn't for the feckd up politics and president could had a pretty mean pack.

Yeah it's grim. I saw something written a while ago about a potential Zimbo 15 and there could be a lot of big names. A backrow of Ewers, Pocock and Denton/Armand would be pretty special, not to mention Beast and Brian Mujati in the front row.

Underhill got mom and looks to the manor born. As good as Kvesic over the ball, but as physical as Haskell.

Would like to think Williams would go with the Saxons personally think he is a lot better than Sloan and Devoto but not as good as Hill

Would like to think Williams would go with the Saxons personally think he is a lot better than Sloan and Devoto but not as good as Hill

Williams IMO should go to the U20 RWC

Him Brophy-Clews and Mallinder Jnr should make a massive difference in the back, would say Evans prob earnt a spot as well on the flank.

Best thing about it aswell he will be coached by Haag not Callard.

As good as Kvesic over the ball

Nope - not by quite a long way.

but as physical as Haskell.

Nope - more by quite a long way. (especially considering the weight difference, which is probably somewhere in the region of 8-15kg)

He's very good, and looks to be of similar calibre to Itoje - but let's leave out the hyperbole please.

Underhill has played at 6 to Tipuric's 7 for Ospreys, so shows his versatility.

I don't see why it has to be one or the other for England tbh, there must be room for both him and Kvesic if we are going to play this way, with Jack Clifford making a good three.

Latest posts