• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Final 2015 Bath V Saracens

I guess, wasn't them at their most suffocating though... felt it was as much down to them not coping under the pressure as it was Sarries forcing it.

We've been shut down by them before, and it wasn't the same as what happened today.

George try was a direct result of Sarries defence putting them under pressure...

We're not these two teams those "rumored" to have well breached the salary cap? What happened to that investigation? Was Blatter involved in it as the investigator?!!!!

Last edited:
We're not these two teams those "rumored" to have well breached the salary cap? What happened to that investigation? Was Blatter involved in it as the investigator?!!!!
It's still on going...

I'm not sure how I feel about the salary cap in general on one hand it's suppose to keep everyone on an equal playing field but there are ways to bend the rules (American players have been known to take "pay cuts" to play in a better overall side). Also we're not on a equal playing field at the highest level (European rugby) as the French teams have no cap so something really need to be looked. Keeping the integrity of the competition by not allowing teams to buy ***les but on equal measure not tying a hand behind their back at the next level.

It's been delayed.

"Some" clubs wanted it to be cancelled all together, but then others wanted it to go on.
I believe Quins, Sale and Wasps were the main ones wanting the investigation to go ahead - eventually Sale and Quins were happy to postpone it for a season, but Wasps stuck to their guns and forced it to be done in, as above, the next few months.

Baths pack is the weakest in the the top four they got away with against tigers but up against a better defensive unit like sarries they were found out.

It's still on going...

I'm not sure how I feel about the salary cap in general on one hand it's suppose to keep everyone on an equal playing field but there are ways to bend the rules (American players have been known to take "pay cuts" to play in a better overall side). Also we're not on a equal playing field at the highest level (European rugby) as the French teams have no cap so something really need to be looked. Keeping the integrity of the competition by not allowing teams to buy ***les but on equal measure not tying a hand behind their back at the next level.

American players taking pay cuts doesn't bend the rules at all. Confused about that point.

American players taking pay cuts doesn't bend the rules at all. Confused about that point.
It bends them by not being within the spirit of what they are intended (creating superstar teams that are impossible to beat) if everyone got paid their market value it's likely teams would be a lot closer plus when you stuff as a star you getter sponsorship deals thus get paid more than you normally would.

Pay cuts are ok if that is what they do but really?

Incidentally there is a cap in France albeit higher than the UK. What you see for French teams are overall budgets of 30 odd million euro but that is for total costs. That being said, they have more external funding money for more teams which means the game can survive with a higher pay cap for players!

Glasgow deservedly win that but am concerned for them when I hear so often he is going here and he is going there next season! Enjoy the night but there may be trouble ahead next season for Glasgow!!

lol, i'm actually no longer sure exactly what we're talking about here, i thought you were disagreeing with me about sarries defensive pressure.

Latest posts