• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Round 13

Dont get me started on doyle i could ramble on for hours about him... the scrum upset me the most because some of the time we actually deserved penalty and for some reason it was given to leicester. Also couldnt see for myself but at the end of the game when they turned over the ball apparently a leicester player came in from the side to win it and no penalty was given

Yeah the reffing was poor if not dire, but Warriors had a couple of mistakes as well, Pennel didnt have a great game, that one missed penalty was brutal, and though I thought that yellow card was harsh on Andy it was a silly thing for him to do coming in after that Leicester try.

The bonus point is something at least and I think Worcester are showing the chances of them being relegated are slim to none, with slim having a drink at the bar.

As an avid worcester fan im so so so disappointed, really thought we should of won and deserved but its difficult to win against 16 players :(

You really did deserve the win, mate. I think Leicester are one of the teams that either you support or hate.
Worcester staying up seems pretty likely, though. I can't see both Sale and LW getting much more than 30pts by the end of the season. Furthermore, you play LW in the final round, so you have a good opportunity if it comes down to it.

Watched the match when back from Biarritz last night and throroughly enjoyed it! Maybe because of the dross I had made the effort to go and watch!

Great Worcester performamce in first half against a totally dominant Tigers scrummage that took more and more control from just before half time onwards. Praise to Richard Hill and our Academy backs trainer....pity he is not spending more time on his primary job but maybe is well placed for recruitment!!

Ref Doyle had obviously listened to Tigers and was, I believe, pretty strict. I have never seen so many TMO calls in one match for possible foul play clarification but still he missed the "spear" from Flood where he lifted the player and Cole actually pulled the head down so Flood had nowhere to go but did not make a sufficient effort to land him safely so should have been red carded and must receive a ban of three weeks at least! He also missed the elbow from the Tigers centre which will warrant a citing......I would have to share the blame for these with his assistants but he had the balls to yellow card Goode for the unnecsessary use of the knees.....how I wish more of these sly hits would be punished when the scorer is so vulnerable in the act of scoring!

The Tigers scrum was so dominant that the penalty tries were inevitable (even if the last scrum should have been reset) once the scrums were called and I take Flatman's comment on board about Ayerza's binding as he knows far most than most any one else about him and his scrummaging.

Good game but Tigers, because of the money spent on their front row, deservedly edged it and it was very good to see Croft back and running for 60 minutes..................

Richie Gray's performance for Sale against Worcester last week (scored a try and created another) was praised on The Rugby Club on Sky Sports. Is he beginning to get back into form for Sale after a pretty average first half of the season for them?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w2LOLRcqIGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

People still watch/pay attention to Rugby Club? Wow.

Much improved from Saints today, still a long way off where they should be and benefited somewhat from Exeters ability on the day not matching up to their ambition, but a result is a result. Particularly at Sandy Park where a result is chuffing hard to come by.

Great little try from Wade against Bath just now, call him into EPS already!

Annoys me when people claim hes to small. If anything being small allows you to slip through tackles easier. Shane Williams was a good defender so don't see why Wade couldn't be at international level to.

Super try from Wade and sterling performace so far by Wasps compared to where they were last year....amazing what a few sigings, youth development and fewer injuries can do to a club.....Oh, and a good manager!!

Mind you, they would still be behind after their two opportunist tries if Donald had taken his chances.....could not miss out on that one!!

I've been dipping in and out of the game and in the first half I say him get bounced by Biggs at least twice, who at under 13st isn't going to be the type of player Wade would be defending against in the 6N (imagine Cuthbert running over him all day).

Big fan of Wade but I'd rather he perfected his small-man-defending (like you said, Shane wasn't a weakness in defence, so it can be done) in the prem than for England, because it's not quite there yet.

Stephen Donald subbed off at half time ...
Why don't they just start Heathcote if Donald has been by all accounts so consistently bad for them?

Donald, to be fair and why should we be, was injured in first half but Heathcote done nothing wrong as yet and looks as good!!

Wasn't a good day at the office for the Sky Sports presenter Alex Payne ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VYl4xH7Y0fk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Wasn't a good day at the office for the Sky Sports presenter Alex Payne ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VYl4xH7Y0fk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Looks like he was relying on the teleprompter and it must have been malfunctioning and he couldn't get himself straightened out. Or possibly someone behind the scenes jabbering too much into his ear in the headphones.

If you watch it in 720p you can actually see the point where his brain says "**** this, I'm outta here" and just clears off.

Quins got a massive shock second half against a London Welsh side who showed much dog to pull it back.

It was a bad week for Sale in their relegation battle a big loss in their own game, an Irish win, and two hard fought losing bonus points by Welsh and the Warriors.

Nick Abendanon scored after just 25 seconds against Wasps for Bath on Sunday, the new fastest try of the season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q-OUd6LIoB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

In the relegation race Sale won't be thanking the Gloucester winger Shane Monahan. His clumsy blunder gifted London Irish 7 points which won them the game in the end.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JktXlvT39Vk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

The citing system continues to baffle. Toby Flood is facing a ban for an accidental tip tackle that only ended up tipping Goode because George Chuter joined in, whilst Matt Smith simply got a warning and a ban of 0 weeks for elbowing Alex Grove in the back of the head off the ball with malicious intent.

Citings continue to be a complete lottery. In my opinion, Smith should be the one being banned.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aI89HHfNncE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AdR6WPTa2aI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Latest posts