Versus%20Prem.png
Saracens.png

Live on BT Sport
London%20Wasps.png
Versus%20Prem.png
London%20Welsh.png

Live on BT Sport

Bring on the Bath boys.

We had a decent run before the european break...i hope the break hasnt knocked us back.

Harry Thacker making his first start and Cole is starting against sarries.

Leicester Tigers (v Saracens, Welford Road, Sunday 1pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Blaine Scully
13 Matt Smith
12 Anthony Allen
11 Miles Benjamin
10 Owen Williams
9 David Mele
1 Michele Rizzo
2 Harry Thacker
3 Dan Cole
4 Brad Thorn (c)
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Julian Salvi
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 Jake Farnworth
17 Tom Bristow
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Sebastian De Chaves
20 Paul Grant
21 Sam Harrison
22 Freddie Burns
23 Tommy Bell

Not sure how I feel about Cole starting - unless they're planning on bringing him off at half time.

i don't understand why coles isn't on the bench.

RE: Cole maybe it is felt he would be better starting with the likes of Rizzo and Thorn with him as opposed to Bristow and De Cheves (That a maybe) at least if he is starting he can come off as opposed to having to be used for potentially a even longer period of time if say Balmain got injured.

We will see.

Big chance for Thacker to silence some doubters about his size.

Last edited:
Big chance for Thacker to silence some doubters about his size.

What? His size is an issue, he just needs to show that he can make up for it.
You say that as if it's unreasonable to question how effective a 90-something Kg front-rower can be!?

It's not really premiership games that his size will be most exposed - the real questions are about whether he can play for England at the senior level, not Leicester (except perhaps in high level Euro games).

Very excited about Cole being fit again - hopefully he can show that his dip in form was down to poor management, not him misplacing his talent.
A 2012-form Dan would be a massive boost for England in a WC year.

Bath Rugby team to face Newcastle Falcons

15. Luke Arscott
14. Olly Woodburn
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Ollie Devoto
11. Matt Banahan
10. Gavin Henson
9. Micky Young
1. Nathan Catt
2. Ross Batty
3. Henry Thomas
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Dominic Day
6. Charlie Ewels
7. David Sisi
8. Leroy Houston

Replacements

16. Tom Dunn
17. Nick Auterac
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Matt Garvey
20. Tom Ellis
21. Max Northcote-Green
22. Chris Cook
23. Richard Lane

Last edited:
You say that as if it's unreasonable to question how effective a 90-something Kg front-rower can be!?

It's not really premiership games that his size will be most exposed - the real questions are about whether he can play for England at the senior level, not Leicester (except perhaps in high level Euro games).

That was what I was suggesting.

Also I wasn't saying it was unreasonable I was saying he has a big chance to prove them wrong not that they were wrong!

And TBH when you look at the pack Sarries are fielding it's a big pack.

I think you completely mis-interpreted my statement. Rats.

Saracens side to face Leicester Tigers:

15. Alex Goode; 14. Chris Ashton, 13. Marcelo Bosch, 12. Chris Wyles, 11. David Strettle; 10. Charlie Hodgson, 9. Richard Wigglesworth; 1. Richard Barrington, 2. Jamie George, 3. Juan Figallo, 4. Mouritz Botha, 5. Alistair Hargreaves ©, 6. Kelly Brown, 7. Jacques Burger, 8. Jackson Wray.

16. Brett Sharman, 17. Rhys Gill, 18. Petrus Du Plessis, 19. Jim Hamilton, 20. Will Fraser, 21. Ben Spencer, 22. Duncan Taylor, 23. Ben Ransom

Figallo starts, and if he gets back to his best we have the best tighthead in the world. Can't wait for this match and I am quite confident of a win.

;)

Also will be interesting to see Farnworth play, he was a flanker/8 before being turned to a hooker.

Although having a 20 year old and a 19 ( Ithink) as your 2 hooker options is pushing it a bit.

Very excited about Cole being fit again - hopefully he can show that his dip in form was down to poor management, not him misplacing his talent.
A 2012-form Dan would be a massive boost for England in a WC year.

Bath Rugby team to face Newcastle Falcons

15. Luke Arscott
14. Olly Woodburn
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Ollie Devoto
11. Matt Banahan
10. Gavin Henson
9. Micky Young
1. Nathan Catt
2. Ross Batty
3. Henry Thomas
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Dominic Day
6. Charlie Ewels
7. David Sisi
8. Leroy Houston

Replacements

16. Tom Dunn
17. Nick Auterac
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Matt Garvey
20. Tom Ellis
21. Max Northcote-Green
22. Chris Cook
23. Richard Lane

Big few weeks for us, this is where we show if we belong with the big boys - because the big boys can cover or losing their internationals. A raw-looking side in many ways, but an exciting one, I like Woodburn, it's also a real luxury to have Devoto as a "second string" centre, plenty of other teams would be thrilled to have him starting. Henson at ten is interesting too ... is this the pinnacle of his resurgence?!

Two things I'm not especially happy about - Youngs starting ahead of Cook; and Banahan. He's looked distinctly mediocre recently.

Teams for tonight:

Gloucester: Cook; Sharples, Meakes, Atkinson, Purdy; Twelvetrees (capt), Robson; Wood, Dawidiuk, Afoa; Palmer, Hudson; Savage, Kvesic, Moriarty.
Replacements: Hibbard, Gibbons, Thomas, Stooke, Evans, Braley, A. Thomas, D. Thomas.

Harlequins: Chisholm; Walker, Hopper, Lowe, Lindsay-Hague; Evans, Dickson; Lambert, Ward, Sinckler; Matthews, Robson; Trayfoot, Wallace, Easter (capt).
Replacements: Buchanan, Marfo, Collier, Twomey, Clifford, Burns, Swiel, Casson.

Interesting that Yann Thomas is picked at tighthead on the bench ahead of Knight. Curious part in me is wondering whether they want to convert Yann (as was considered under Nigel) to tighthead. Advantage would be what we could bring in a big name loosehead and keep Wood and Murphy as reserves, Yann replacing Knight on the tighthead side. Orrrrr Knight is injured and I'm not aware of it. Could be that.

Isaacs, Monahan and McColl are not appearing to be having much luck at Gloucester. Especially given Meakes, Purdy and Dan Thomas (acting as the sixth forward on the bench), three academy players, are picked ahead of any of these players. Will be even harder to get any time when May, Trinder and Hook return.

Very excited to see Robson, Kvesic, Moriarty as well as Sinckler, Clifford, Swiel and Adeniran-Olule.

I'm guessing Collier was injured in the warmup if Seb AO is playing.

Haha, love that Glaws have rinsed Wales WRT Hibbard.

Wales rested him from the Fiji game because he had a ****le in his foot that they didn't want to risk with New Zealand on the horizon, but then didn't realise that if he's not in the matchday 23 for Wales he has to be released back to his club they can't just keep him back and rehab/train him. Glaws assessed him as fit to play so stuck him on the bench :lol:

36 not had the most confident of starts, it's gotta be said.

Why?
They pay his (considerable) wages, he's fit to play and Wales didn't want him this weekend.

But can't be released for Wales for the last week because the PRL says he will be to tired, figures. I am sure it would be a different shoe if it was an England player.

Latest posts