• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Backbreaker demo online

The alternate to madden people are looking for??

• Total voters
A few years time?!, it's arguably pushing Madden and beating it outright in some key areas.

Ye because EA own NFL rights. Im afraid owning the rights to teams and players are also very crucial to gamers. Backbreaker has good graphics but its controls are not that great, it deffo needs a tweak.

I give in, I was not going to get it because of the kicking, but I can get my carers to do that, the urge to use the customisation features is just too strong. I'll give the demo a good bash in a bit.

yeah, their is no way to change the kicking even with the alternate controls. Why does the kicking control pose a problem if you dont mind me asking?

Check out the bunnies! (hind leg needs a touch up)

BBrabbitohs..jpg

Did the rabbitohs bcoz i though it would be easy. Took twice as long as the warriors!

Last edited:
yeah, their is no way to change the kicking even with the alternate controls. Why does the kicking control pose a problem if you dont mind me asking?

Check out the bunnies! (hind leg needs a touch up)

View attachment 175

Did the rabbitohs bcoz i though it would be easy. Took twice as long as the warriors!
Very nice!

Just played the demo of this and i love it, might have to get this...
I've only played NFL Madden Arcade (or whatever it's called) so that's all i've got to compare it to :p

Last edited:

Saying that's incredibly rough just doesn't do the situation justice mate. I'm not sure just what your situation is called. Are you completely paralysed? Or are parts of you able to move? I'm just getting a whole appreciation for how lucky I am. Sorry if that sounds a bit condescending.

Saying that's incredibly rough just doesn't do the situation justice mate. I'm not sure just what your situation is called. Are you completely paralysed? Or are parts of you able to move? I'm just getting a whole appreciation for how lucky I am. Sorry if that sounds a bit condescending.

Not at all. I have a form of Muscular Dystropy, so I'm not paralysed, I just have incredibly weak muscles.

Hopefully this also explains why I've been banging on about controls for 2012. ;)

Not at all. I have a form of Muscular Dystropy, so I'm not paralysed, I just have incredibly weak muscles.

Hopefully this also explains why I've been banging on about controls for 2012. ;)

Sure does! Fully customisable is the way as far as I'm concerned from now on!

Has anyone seen this in the UK? I didn't realise it wasn't out here yet, but it's not on Amazon or Play

Does most of your trouble come from the analog sticks?

Yep. I can only do one at a time, and as left is always needed for moving, I can't really switch between the two.

Last edited:
Game exclusive?
Bit silly, if they sold it elsewhere they'd probably sell a lot more copies

Well, once you hold down on the right stick to start your kick the arrow movement grinds to a near halt and just drifts slightly, so you wont have a problem with punts or kickoffs and if you just kick it fast on extra points you can get it away before it moves to much. long field goals might still be a bother, but real men just go for touchdowns anyway.

Olyy, its out on June 25th in the UK, ouch. This game is hard, so use the time to master the demo and avoid the fustration of getting sacked twice and then throwing an intercept every set!

15 days =/ Bit annoying, loving the demo though. I'm running most plays atm, getting used to the controls/evading tackles and the such (and the actual rules of AF :p )

Well, once you hold down on the right stick to start your kick the arrow movement grinds to a near halt and just drifts slightly, so you wont have a problem with punts or kickoffs and if you just kick it fast on extra points you can get it away before it moves to much. long field goals might still be a bother, but real men just go for touchdowns anyway.
Yeah, I think I'll get by by shouting "Go...Stop!" at my carers. :p

Speaking of going for field goals, I was down 3-0 with the Rabbitohs against the warriors in the 4th quarter. I managed
to get into field goal range and and with 20 seconds left I thought Id try one last run to get closer and ensure a tying field goal.

I should have been stopped for a loss, but a couple of unique physics moments led to an awsome score and a win!

Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ly_SwYglXU

Turn the sound off, there no music....just me bumping stuff.

Someone sniped your #52. :p And you could tell what was going through #49's head, "aw hell no!"

Played the demo, no idea what I'm doing 90% of the time, (not played an american football game since Joe Montana on the Mega Drive) but it's fun and feels great when something goes well. :)

anyone know that if i import a us version of the game, will it work online in the uk???
(really want to play it and download created teams etc) :D :D
can't wait till end of the month with the demo :( :( (sad i know)

Latest posts