• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BBC Six nations receives compliants

N

nick_w

From the BBC website

Dozens of viewers have complained that too much rugby was shown on BBC One throughout Saturday.

The corporation received 124 complaints in total over the Six Nations games transmitted between 1400 and 2200 GMT.

The BBC said it realised that many viewers were not sports fans, but stressed total ratings of 15m justified its decision to show the games.

"We are sorry that some viewers felt the BBC One schedule on 23 February contained too much sport," it added.

But in a statement, the BBC stressed it had been a "very exciting" weekend for rugby.

"We realise that not everyone enjoys watching sport.

"But there is undeniably a large section of our audience who do and as a public service broadcaster, we are obligated to cater for them as and when we can."

Viewers saw England defeating France 24-13 in Paris, while Ireland beat Scotland 34-13 and Wales scored a 47-8 win over Italy.

To be honest, I was expecting the complaints to be about Iain Balshaw, but what do I know.

I think it's pathetic that 124 people have taken the time to make a complaint about something that can only happen a maximum of 5 times a year on BBC, when the easy option is just to change the channel or do something else.

I think it's pathetic that 124 people have taken the time to make a complaint about something that can only happen a maximum of 5 times a year on BBC, when the easy option is just to change the channel or do something else. [/b]

Im just surprised they actually replied!

Im still awaiting numerous replies to complaints about some news stories. (before you say anything, the stories are damaging to many people I knows livelyhoods and are helping to cause the demise of skiing in scotland) TBH the next time it happens my complaint will be going straight to Ofcom (the PCC have already recieved numerous complaints about journalists making similar mistakes and are currently looking into the cases)

The problem that the BBC have is that Sky have taken the presentation of Rubgy Union to a whole new level. Not so much the Guiness Premiership coverage (which is however excellent) but their attention to the HEC in particular is quite simply magnificent and like many on here Im love the saturation coverage that Sky gives the HEC. It's even better now with the interactive button which gives even more choice of games. The BBC can't touch it and these 'Super Saturdays' are the closest they will ever get but unlike Sky the BBC have to answer to the licence payers and for many non committed rugby union fans three games in one day is simply too much.

I agree with Sky's coverage being excellent, 14 camera's. :eek: All RTE manage for Croker is 6.

124 people complained, whooptiedoo. Why even publish this? It is in itself a non-issue (you aren't being forced to watch BBC), BBC has a buttload of other channels as well, it's only being shown a few days every year, and the amount of people that filed complaints is so low it's hardly worth even a mention.

I agree with Sky's coverage being excellent, 14 camera's. :eek: All RTE manage for Croker is 6.
[/b]

RTÉ didn't do the match coverage at Croke Park, the BBC did.

So there were some complaints. How many wrote to the BBC thanking them for the extensive coverage ? Perhaps there is scope for a campaign ...

Gee.... Wish I had this problem. :%#%#:

IMHO if you like it, then CHANGE THE BLOODY CHANNEL!!

I would like to thank the BBC for their coverage.......
but due to the fact that I don't live in the UK, it would be kinda pointless.
If I could watch the matches on their iplayer thing, different story morning glory.

Until then, those 124 limp-wrist cross-dressing penis eaters can watch this instead.

The Alternative

It hillarious, If all rugby fans complained about the crap like 'dancing on ice' would it even make a dent?

I agree with Sky's coverage being excellent, 14 camera's. :eek: All RTE manage for Croker is 6. [/b]

RTE use cameras?! I thought they just had someone draw the scene like a court artist or something...

Sky are awesome for rugby, this weekend they are showing 5 of the remaining 6 Super 14 matches. It will be those homo soap fans who are getting withdrawl symptons from missing eastenders. :lol:

What did they miss, re-runs of old **** sitcoms?
What the f*** are BBC2, BBC3, BBC4 for.

<div class='quotemain'> I agree with Sky's coverage being excellent, 14 camera's. :eek: All RTE manage for Croker is 6. [/b]

RTE use cameras?! I thought they just had someone draw the scene like a court artist or something...
[/b][/quote]
You have to gather proper evidence when you're playing English teams.

Fair play to those 124 folks. I mean, who wants to watching the ******** rugby let alone a whole day of it!?

Fair play to those 124 folks. I mean, who wants to watching the ******** rugby let alone a whole day of it!?
[/b]

I suppose it's time those who love the Antiques Road Show and Crap in the Attic got their own Super Saturday for putting up with 2 starters and main dish of the Ros Bifs tearing les Bleus a new arse!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I suppose it's time those who love the Antiques Road Show and Crap in the Attic got their own Super Saturday for putting up with 2 starters and main dish of the Ros Bifs tearing les Bleus a new arse! [/b][/quote]
Balls!

All rugby should be replaced with programs about making money from property development - not enough of those on UK tv:

A Place By the Sea
A Place in Greece
A Place in the Sun
A Place in the Sun: Home or Away
Build a New Life in the Country
Build, Buy or Restore
Changing Rooms
Did They Pay Off The Mortgage In 2 Years?
DIY SOS
Escape to the Country
Extreme Makeover
Grand Designs
Grand Designs Abroad
Home
Home From Home
Homes Under the Hammer
Honey I Ruined the House
Hot Property
House Auction
House Busters
House Chain: Under Offer
House Doctor
House Hunters in the Sun
House Invaders
House Price Challenge
House Race
Houses Behaving Badly
How Not to Decorate
How To Be a Property Developer
How to Rescue a House
I Want That House
I Want That House Revisited
Living in the Sun
Living etc
Location Location
Making Space
Moving Day
My Place in the Sun
Nice House… Shame About the Garden
Other People's Houses
Our Home
Pay Off Your Mortgage in 2 Years
Property Dreams
Property Ladder
Put Your Money Where Your House Is
Relocation, Relocation
Restored to Glory
Room For Improvement
Selling Houses
Staying Put
Streets Ahead
Super Agents
Superhomes
Through the Keyhole
To Buy or Not to Buy
Trading Up
Uncharted Territory
Up Your Street
Would You Buy a House with a Stranger?

Its ridiculous - I'm so glad the BBC and not Sky have it as I cant afford Sky! Plus I wish the F1 went back to the BBC as it was so much better. Anyways thats a bit off topic! People who complain to the BBC have nothing better to do so I'm glad they don't listen!

These guys should get a life, why don't BBC just broadcast more live rugby from now on? Annoy 124 out of 60 million British people eh? Guiness Premiership anyone? :)

Latest posts