• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Beer

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Whats this Brains Beer that I see on the front of the Welsh jersey? Is it any good?
[/b]
Brains is typical british "warm" beer that everyone else apart from the Brits hate cos they havent got such well developed taste buds. If you ever get the chance try the SA variety its delicious.
[/b][/quote]
I'd recommend Castle Lager, it's the most popular South African beer. Very balanced beer.
Another popular beer brewed in Southern Africa is Windhoek, which comes from Namibia. Namibia was a colony of Germany, so expect a heavy German influence. I don't enjoy it that much personally.

Danny, what beer did you have?
[/b][/quote]
Sorry Steve-o I meant Brains S.A, its a beer from Brains brewed in Cardiff not a South African beer. Easy mistake to make. When I have been to South Africa I have usually ended up drinking Castle and found it pretty decent. But when in South Africa you cant get better than the wines so its a win win situation for you lucky guys.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Whats this Brains Beer that I see on the front of the Welsh jersey? Is it any good?
[/b]
Brains is typical british "warm" beer that everyone else apart from the Brits hate cos they havent got such well developed taste buds. If you ever get the chance try the SA variety its delicious.
[/b][/quote]
I'd recommend Castle Lager, it's the most popular South African beer. Very balanced beer.
Another popular beer brewed in Southern Africa is Windhoek, which comes from Namibia. Namibia was a colony of Germany, so expect a heavy German influence. I don't enjoy it that much personally.

Danny, what beer did you have?
[/b][/quote]
Sorry Steve-o I meant Brains S.A, its a beer from Brains brewed in Cardiff not a South African beer. Easy mistake to make. When I have been to South Africa I have usually ended up drinking Castle and found it pretty decent. But when in South Africa you cant get better than the wines so its a win win situation for you lucky guys. [/b][/quote]
:cheers:
All good, I was casting the net a bit wide with that one!

i drink hinekens, or stella autua (sp wtf is with that name) if i am not buying.

if i am buying i am happy with export gold, tui or a speights.

if i am home in christchurch (which isnt as often as i would like now days) i would have canterbury draught, which doesnt taste too different from speights :)

It's Stella Artois XD You spelled it like it's supposed to be pronounced.

Heineken is also spelled a bit differently, what you wrote down is dutch for 'to whiny' (sp? the sound a horse makes), which I find funny because of the following cartoon that explains how Belgian people judge the quality of heineken (palm is a belgian beer):

naamloos.jpg

Drinking Fosters at the moment, not great but OK.

£16 for 36 cans at TESCO currently.

i drink hinekens, or stella autua (sp wtf is with that name) if i am not buying.

[/b]

I like your style drink your mates premium beer and drink the cheap stuff when your buying. :lol:

The Heineken Keg is rather good if you can be bothered with pouring. (i kinda like pouring down my throat than fudging around with a keg).

It's Stella Artois XD You spelled it like it's supposed to be pronounced.

Heineken is also spelled a bit differently, what you wrote down is dutch for 'to whiny' (sp? the sound a horse makes), which I find funny because of the following cartoon that explains how Belgian people judge the quality of heineken (palm is a belgian beer):

naamloos.jpg
[/b]

I tried it on tap and i thought it was s**t and overrated.But i tried the keg they make that in holland (not a lion nathan knock-off) and i like it alot now.

The cartoon is pretty funny though. :lol:

Drinking Fosters at the moment, not great but OK.

£16 for 36 cans at TESCO currently. [/b]

Fosters its a crappy beer and but i can understand buying it at that price thats quality. (if they had it that cheap in Australia (it is never EVER seen in bottle shops only one here i know of does stock it) it would sell like nothing hell i'd buy it for that much its crime is that fact its bland as all hell but you can drink it).

Ive just tried Leffe from Belgium at 6.6% volume and have to say it is one of the best lagers I have had the pleasure of tasting. Please try this before you die!

<div class='quotemain'> i drink hinekens, or stella autua (sp wtf is with that name) if i am not buying.

[/b]

I like your style drink your mates premium beer and drink the cheap stuff when your buying. :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Stella is a knacker's drink in London - six cans for a fiver in the corner shop (proper size cans not those kid-size ones they have in Australia).

Heineken is more expensive than Stella and has a more classier image now.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> i drink hinekens, or stella autua (sp wtf is with that name) if i am not buying.

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Stella is a knacker's drink in London - six cans for a fiver in the corner shop (proper size cans not those kid-size ones they have in Australia).

[/b][/quote]
yeah right!

If I were to choose one beer to live with for the rest of my life it would be Speights. Easily.
I love to drink it when I'm smashed, after a hard day's slog or when I feel like a nice quality drop. Definitely a great, great beer.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
yeah right!
[/b][/quote]

Stella might be classy where you live, but round here the tramps drink it. It's not called loopy-juice or wifebeater for nothing. You do know it's not actually made in a Belgian monastery, don't you?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
yeah right!
[/b][/quote]

Stella might be classy where you live, but round here the tramps drink it. It's not called loopy-juice or wifebeater for nothing. You do know it's not actually made in a Belgian monastery, don't you?
[/b][/quote]
I like a nice pint of wife-beater but dont try and make out Heineken is superior.That stuff is serious ****-juice and you my lad are defending it. I`ll draw my own conclusions from that. :blink:

Stella: 5.2% and made in the Whitbread-Inbev brewery near Preston.

Heineken: 5% and exported in from Holland.

Both are pissy lagers and for girls and people who can't handle real ale.

Like you!

If I were to choose one beer to live with for the rest of my life it would be Speights. Easily.
I love to drink it when I'm smashed, after a hard day's slog or when I feel like a nice quality drop. Definitely a great, great beer.
[/b]
I second that motion.

All the non-believers deserve to be shot.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
yeah right!
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I doubt many famous Belgian beers are still being produced in Belgium.
They moved the production of Hoegaarden at one point, which people found a disgrace, since a lot of folks were left without a job and such. They have recently had to change it back to it's original location in Hoegaarden, as they couldn't get the taste right wherever they were making it now.

One of the most wanted beers is West-Vleteren, still brewed by monks. The monks have a system that each licence plate can only buy one box (don't know the proper english name) of beer each month or year or so. So apparantly many americans hire other people to go to the abbey and buy a box for them. Pretty expensive, haven't had it yet.

I'm not too keen on Leffe, I tend to get drunk too fast on too dark beers, which is a shame.
I'm perfectly happy with girly beer :p

Latest posts