• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best RWC try

I've created a youtube group so people can view a collection of the greatest rugby world cup tries.

Desperately tried to find the campese try and the campese pass for horan to score, as well as the Roko try, but rugby footage on youtube is lacking. Will see if I can upload the Roko one from the DVD I have and looking for the Campese ones!

It wasn't a fantastically entertaining try, but the only try Georgia scored in the 2003 World Cup also sticks out for me, in that match where they really stood up against the Springboks. It was scored by their Hooker, David Dadunashvili (I think that was his name).

I've created a youtube group so people can view a collection of the greatest rugby world cup tries.

Desperately tried to find the campese try and the campese pass for horan to score, as well as the Roko try, but rugby footage on youtube is lacking. Will see if I can upload the Roko one from the DVD I have and looking for the Campese ones!
[/b]
Good idea - see if you can have a list of the group tries stickied at the top of the thread with links.

I tried the link in your sig and got ... well, that's close to the best: "For all his speed and skill Rougerie keeps his pahder droy".

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Good idea - see if you can have a list of the group tries stickied at the top of the thread with links.

I tried the link in your sig and got ... well, that's close to the best: "For all his speed and skill Rougerie keeps his pahder droy".
[/b][/quote]

in all my excitement of creating a group, i forgot to include the url :wacko:

here it is: http://www.youtube.com/group/rwcbesttries

think people can add to it too?

providing all the best players are fit then this year should provide the best try's from any world cup...

rokocoko,sivivatu,caucau,tuquri,giteau,odriscoll etc are all capable of scoring the best tries...cool thread keep it alive for 07 rwc...new zealand is so **** for storing the rugby archives efficiently...bloody tvnz and skysports wont share any freakin rights and cant watch any historical rugby world cup...defeats the purpose of our rugby channel if they cant even show a dam world cup

- Pieter Hendriks vs. Aus, 95 opening game- taking on, and beaing, Campo on the outside.
[/b]

probably my RWC favourite try. Not at the best try ever but to me personally, when Hendriks ran outside and victory saluted with a clinched fist before he scored I somehow new the Boks will take it. Pity I was to young to gamble. It was in the opening minutes of the match if I'm not mistaken?

Probably Jason Robinson's try in 2003 against Australia because of the pre match taunts about how Robinson "couldn't hack it" and how "England don't score tries."

The look on Robinson's face after he scored that try says it all.

<div class='quotemain'>

- Pieter Hendriks vs. Aus, 95 opening game- taking on, and beaing, Campo on the outside.
[/b]

probably my RWC favourite try. Not at the best try ever but to me personally, when Hendriks ran outside and victory saluted with a clinched fist before he scored I somehow new the Boks will take it. Pity I was to young to gamble. It was in the opening minutes of the match if I'm not mistaken?
[/b][/quote]

In the 1st 10 minutes about, if my memory serves me right. James Small popping up on the left wing, firing away the pass to Pieter Hendriks, a little behind him, so he actually had to start from virtually a standing position. Still hd a helluva lot of work to do, but did he only finish!

What just about every SA bloke will still ask you, is: "Where were you, when Hendriks scored that try?"

I was at varsity, in the res mess hall, conveniently converted into a sports pub for just such an occasion.

I was at varsity, in the res mess hall, conveniently converted into a sports pub for just such an occasion.
[/b]

I was still in Grade 1, and I have absolutely no idea where I was, probably drawing something.... or reading an asterix book :p

I remember I saw the 95 final at my grans house, which was still in Springs (*they now live in the cape*), I didn't really know what was going on except that we won and it was really important.

This was about when my love for the real beautifull game started.

I wish I could see the try though, sounds like a beaut.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I was still in Grade 1, and I have absolutely no idea where I was, probably drawing something.... or reading an asterix book :p

I remember I saw the 95 final at my grans house, which was still in Springs (*they now live in the cape*), I didn't really know what was going on except that we won and it was really important.

This was about when my love for the real beautifull game started.

I wish I could see the try though, sounds like a beaut.
[/b][/quote]

just because I'm that kinda guy (and finding my Friday at work slow), you'll find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfWBKr-D-Kg

It's part of a compilation, but it's about 10 seconds in. Added it to my youtube rwc group as well (link below)

just because I'm that kinda guy (and finding my Friday at work slow), you'll find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfWBKr-D-Kg

It's part of a compilation, but it's about 10 seconds in. Added it to my youtube rwc group as well (link below)[/b]

Awesome! Thank you so much!

For me the best try is the Blanco's one in 1987...but i am french, so i'm maybe a little bit partial! :)

Lomu against England 95' Just the sheer power and how he toppled over Catt, Ouch!!

thats a great 95 compilation. how ordinary were england in that tourney. the try aussi got against them was pathetic. they all moved to let tune catch it!

caucau is an @rse. one of the most gifted players in the world got fat and (a bit) slower. he made it look so easy against france and scotland. it was amazing! what a waste. is he even going this year?

stuck in the office. i really want to go for a kickabout now!

Not to forfet Teran`s double scissors try for Argentina against Australia in RWC 91. It has to bo¡e top 5. Many of this forum won`t remember as the only are wannabe rugby fans.

Not to forfet Teran`s double scissors try for Argentina against Australia in RWC 91. It has to bo¡e top 5. Many of this forum won`t remember as the only are wannabe rugby fans.
[/b]

You might want to actually observe what goes on before you start making brash and idiotic statements like that.

I don't remember the try due to being only 3 years old at the time, but I have seen it. Does that mean I know nothing about rugby?

Not a good way to introduce yourself.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

You might want to actually observe what goes on before you start making brash and idiotic statements like that.

I don't remember the try due to being only 3 years old at the time, but I have seen it. Does that mean I know nothing about rugby?

Not a good way to introduce yourself.
[/b][/quote]

In that case my statement isn`t for you, kid. Is just a brilliant try forgotten by many people.

IMO, the best try is Campese`s side step and pass over the shoulder for Tin Horan to score. Also RWC91.

So cool down Saints fan, i know its hard times for you.