Alleged sex assault in Big Brother house
Sunday Jul 2 10:18 AEST
Two Big Brother housemates have been removed from the set of the reality TV show after an alleged incident of sexual assault of a female contestant.
Security guards on Saturday escorted "Ashley", a pseudonym for 20-year-old Michael Cox of Perth, and 21-year-old "John", whose real name is Michael Bric, of Melbourne, from the house.
The pair was told to leave the Gold Coast set, at Dreamworld, after an alleged incident at 4am (AEST) on Saturday, Network Ten said in a statement.
Producers Endemol Southern Star refused to say what the incident was, although a statement on Big Brother's official website said the pair were forced to leave the house after a "breach of the rules".
Pictures circulating on the internet appear to show two men sexually assaulting a female housemate, understood to be 22-year-old student "Camilla", of Victoria.
One of the pictures, on a US website, appears to show housemate Mr Bric lying next to the woman with his arm over her.
A second photo appears to show a male housemate topless and kneeling on the bed with his crotch in her face.
His back is to the camera, but his hand is positioned at the front of his pants at his crotch.
In a joint statement made shortly after they were escorted from the house, the pair said: "We had a great time in the house. It is unfortunate it had to end this way, but Big Brother has rules and regulations and we broke them.
"We are all very close in the house and we would never do anything to offend our fellow housemates."
But while discussion of the incident has been banned on the official Big Brother website, at an unofficial site, people were scathing.
One person who posted to the unofficial site said the incident allegedly occurred when Mr Cox slapped the female on the face with his penis, a practice described on the site as "turkey-slapping".
"One guy holding a girl down while the other slaps her in the face with his dick is not offensive?" said one poster.
"Geez this show is sick. No wonder I am bored with it and never tune in," said another.
A Gold Coast policeman said no charges had been laid over the alleged incident.
He said he had spoken to security guards at the Big Brother set in the past and believed the latest incident was a publicity stunt.
"If that is the future of our country, God help us," the officer said.
The controversial program came under scrutiny last year when a male housemate rubbed himself on a female during a massage.
A Southern Star spokesman said he had nothing to add to a brief official statement.
He said he did not know when discussion forums would be allowed to return to the official Big Brother website.[/b]
Hmmmmmmmm, disgusting. :angry: