• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bless Big Brother

R

redunderthebed

They havent blocked TRF at my school so i can post on here when i meant to be doing work (or in this rare case finished work). B)

Anyone else in this situation?

They havent blocked TRF at my school so i can post on here when i meant to be doing work (or in this rare case finished work). B)

Anyone else in this situation?
[/b]
I am at work at the moment but they don't really block anything....I would suggest though to not tell anyone that you can get on there....I remember back in the high school days we discovered Newgrounds wasn't blocked(thanks to the resident nerds for that one)...it was awesome for a few weeks until word started spreading and eventually the school picked up on it and blocked it...so use it sparingly so as to not get the schools attention...they will attempt to squeeze every tiny joy out of life... :%#%#:

I'm actually in the opposite position, I'm teaching at a French University and some of my classes are in a computer lab where they're supposed to be working on phonetics exercises and aural exercises but most of them are lazy f***ers so given half the chance they just use the computers to go on the internet or msn, thankfully though from my computer I can block internet access but I can also take over their computers and start messing with their heads. My particular favourite is opening a notepad and just typing - I know what you're doing. Normally I just block access at the start of the class but sometimes you forget to so when you see them online it's worth having a little fun.

It's not a question of sucking the joy out of life, you go to a class to do or learn something not to **** about on the internet, jesus get me sounding all teacher like!

My particular favourite is opening a notepad and just typing - I know what you're doing.
[/b]
:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

:lol:

I can also take over their computers and start messing with their heads. My particular favourite is opening a notepad and just typing - I know what you're doing. [/b]

Thats just creepy. :lol:

You should be opening TRF on the browsers ;) [/b]

ooh thats a thought. or what you could do is get www.therugbyforum.com flash for 1/8th of a second every 4 and a half minutes. or put the rugby forum playing backwards to all the music they listen to.

or of course you can do the traditional thing and send them all emails saying if they sign up to the rugby forum they go into a lotto draw, and they give their bank details to my nigerian co-worker and you could be in the draw to win either a us green card or a million us dollars.

Lol nice trick there An Tarbh.

I also had a lil trick back in high school, to stop the people who were busy with work haha

I knew the admin dude who work at our school from rugby, and in true team spirit he'd give me the admin password when I asked.

We didn't have any fancy software to control other peoples PC's, so I used what Windows XP had.

I'd go to 'Start' then 'Run', typed in 'Shutdown -i'. This brings up a GUI of the shutdown command (type it in, every PC with Windows has it). Click on 'Browse' and select your victim from the network index (I could even target the PC's at the front office :D ). Type in your PC's name to test it out, Select 'Add'. Type them a lil message like 'You have a VIRUS', give them 5 secs to read the goodbye note and BOOM computer restarts. It's like the Sasser virus GUI so can't stop it.

OMG that was fun! No 17 year old should ever have so much power over a school again.

To this day my school still doesn't know who was causing that havoc LMAO.

I suppose I could get here from my Uni, I'd simply have to watch myself with the F***ing 200MB cap given to each student -per year-

Yes it's small.
Yes it's useless.
Yes we hardly ever use the net because of it.

Hell I have like 5 hours off between my modules on some days, would be nice to be able to use the net decently when I get bored. That or I could just fall asleep on the ground somewhere like 90% of the students.

I suppose I could get here from my Uni, I'd simply have to watch myself with the F***ing 200MB cap given to each student -per year-

Yes it's small.
Yes it's useless.
Yes we hardly ever use the net because of it.

[/b]

Surely you would be able to pay for more thats what happens at my school you use what the school gives you at the start of the year you have to pay from there out.

Oh sure we can buy more bandwidth, at you're everyday friendly price of about R200 for 200Mb (it was somewhere along those lines) :)

To translate, that's about $27 Australian, for a fith of a gig.
noice.

Here, when we go outside of the uni's webpages we're charged $0.01 per mb. [/b]

Ours is 10c a MB and thats for everything pretty much.

Oh sure we can buy more bandwidth, at you're everyday friendly price of about R200 for 200Mb (it was somewhere along those lines) :)

To translate, that's about $27 Australian, for a fith of a gig.
noice.

[/b]

F**k thats steep. :blink:

I'm mistaken...its actually $0.05 per mb. I just checked.

It doesn't seem much, but it quickly turns in to significant $$$$

Latest posts