• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blue Bulls could be forced to adopt ANC colours

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If the Tshwane Sports Council has its way, the Blue Bulls may soon be the white-black-yellow-and-green bulls - and without the traditional Barberton daisy as their sporting symbol.

The sports council is considering proposals to change the region's traditional sporting symbol and colours.

Five proposals - all incorporating the colours white, black, yellow and green - have already been tabled for all representative sports teams in Pretoria.

Traditionally, Pretoria-based teams wear light blue with the Barberton daisy as their emblem.

Herman Bester of the Gauteng North Angling Association referred to minutes of the Tshwane Sports Council that provide five examples of a new logo that has already been tabled and of the Tshwane colours of white, black, yellow and green (almost identical to the ANC's black, yellow and green).

Kallie Kriel of Afriforum has said that they are willing to take the matter to court.

Tshwane Sports Council chairman Bismarck Mosuoe said that no decision had been taken.

He said the sports bodies had been asked for proposals and a decision would be taken at a special general meeting of the Tshwane Sports Council in April.

Asked whether the Blue Bulls' colours would also be in the firing line, he said it was "the implication".
Blue Bulls president Boet Fick told Sapa, "It won't happen."

The Blue Bulls are the current Currie Cup Champions after beating the Cheetahs in the 2009 final.[/b]
Source

Here we go again...another year and again certain people wants to try and f**k up our sport by proposing to change stuff they shouldn't!
Although no final decision has been taken yet, just by proposing this bullsh!t is just damn right stupid of them, I mean the Blue Bulls have been wearing blue jersey's since god knows when and now they want to change it to probably promote change.

If by some miracle they get the right to change the the Blue Bulls jersey colour and emblem they can expect to see a very empty Loftus!

Jesus, what is it with the SA Sports Council?! Why are they determined to shoot themselves in the foot! Makes no sense at all!

This is absolutely ridiculous. Beyond petty. You'd have thought black empowerment would be better served by looking into poverty, not perfectly harmless (white) traditions.

Well Blue is the colour of the oppressive white man isn't it?

We all know the leaders of SA at the moment don't seem to know what they're at. I feel sorry for anyone involved in sport over there at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jan 13 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
If the Tshwane Sports Council has its way, the Blue Bulls may soon be the white-black-yellow-and-green bulls - and without the traditional Barberton daisy as their sporting symbol.

The sports council is considering proposals to change the region's traditional sporting symbol and colours.

Five proposals - all incorporating the colours white, black, yellow and green - have already been tabled for all representative sports teams in Pretoria.

Traditionally, Pretoria-based teams wear light blue with the Barberton daisy as their emblem.

Herman Bester of the Gauteng North Angling Association referred to minutes of the Tshwane Sports Council that provide five examples of a new logo that has already been tabled and of the Tshwane colours of white, black, yellow and green (almost identical to the ANC's black, yellow and green).

Kallie Kriel of Afriforum has said that they are willing to take the matter to court.

Tshwane Sports Council chairman Bismarck Mosuoe said that no decision had been taken.

He said the sports bodies had been asked for proposals and a decision would be taken at a special general meeting of the Tshwane Sports Council in April.

Asked whether the Blue Bulls' colours would also be in the firing line, he said it was "the implication".
Blue Bulls president Boet Fick told Sapa, "It won't happen."

The Blue Bulls are the current Currie Cup Champions after beating the Cheetahs in the 2009 final.[/b]
Source

Here we go again...another year and again certain people wants to try and f**k up our sport by proposing to change stuff they shouldn't!
Although no final decision has been taken yet, just by proposing this bullsh!t is just damn right stupid of them, I mean the Blue Bulls have been wearing blue jersey's since god knows when and now they want to change it to probably promote change.

If by some miracle they get the right to change the the Blue Bulls jersey colour and emblem they can expect to see a very empty Loftus!
[/b][/quote]

Whats the point in that? It's like telling the Scarlets they have to wear yellow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 13 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well Blue is the colour of the oppressive white man isn't it?

We all know the leaders of SA at the moment don't seem to know what they're at. I feel sorry for anyone involved in sport over there at the moment.[/b]

I feel sorry for anyone over there at the moment.

Sad this. All because the black leaders want to do is **** of the Afrikaners. There is just no other reason for it. They like waving their authority around, and shoving it in our faces. Instead of focusing on real issues, they care more about how to squash the 'white traditions'. Throw your 'racist' tag at me all you want, but sometimes, we need to distinguish between racism, and the truth, and sadly, racism only exists if you are any other color apart from white.

It would be a sad day because if they don't get it overturned or get special consent to wear blue the only two options i can see is to either look like the Harlequins on the field or become a club outside of the jurisdiction of the regional body.

Heard on the radio that the Blue Bulls jersey and emblem will remain untouched and that their intension from the start wasn't to change anything and that it was only a proposal...thank god!

The Tshwane sport council can go f*** themselves, don't tamper with something you know nothing about. The Blue Bulls logo and the Baberton Daisy are registered trademarks of the Blue Bull company so I can't see government just changing it. Remember when they started with the whole name changing of Pretoria? How long has it been since and the name hasn't changed! I wish these backward thinking so called freedom fighters of the corrupt ANC government would just die and then perhaps this country can move forward.

I refer to the speculations in the media regarding the possible change of the Blue Bulls colours and logo. Yesterday evening the Tshwane Sport Council (TSC) and Gauteng-North Sport Council (GNSC), met at Loftus Versfeld.

The TSC is part of the new sub sport structures of the Gauteng Sport Council and forms part of the new sport structures that government is currently implementing nationally with it’s focus on mass participation in sport, not professional sport.

The new TSC was instituted in November 2009 and the new executive invited the sport federations of the old GNSC to discuss certain issues at a meeting last night, e.g. the constitution, legitimacy of the election of the TSC executive, the composition of the executive, new logo and colours, etc. The issue of colours and logo was never discussed at the meeting.

The GNSC used the blue and the daisy as utilised by the Blue Bulls as their colour and logo. The issue of new logo and colours led to the rumours and discussion that the Blue Bulls teams will have to change their colours and logo to the new colours and logo of the TSC, in future.

The meeting led by the chairman, Bismarck Mosue, ended in chaos when a vote of no confidence in the chairman was accepted by the meeting.

This resulted in the supporters of the new TSC leaving the meeting. The rest of the Sports Federations elected an interim committee under chairmanship of Chaka Croukamp (TUT), to organise a meeting between the executives of the TSC and the GNSC as soon as possible and communicate the new draft constitution to the Sport Federations and get input from the federations by the end of February 2010.

These federations indicated that they are not opposing the new sport structures of government but that they oppose the approach and processes followed in the election of the TSC executive and adoption of the new constitution.

The Blue Bulls Company (Pty) Ltd is the registered owner of the following trademarks- the Daisy (in white shield), Blue Bulls logo, Bulls, Bulletjie, Loftus Versfeld and Vodacom Bulls Babes. See annexure.

The Blue Bulls Rugby-Union and the Blue Bulls Company would like to make it clear that their development programmes are in line with the SA Rugby and new government sport structures furthermore the Blue Bulls Company will protects it’s intellectual property because we have build a international brand with supporters all over South-Africa and in the rest of the rugby world.

We will keep you informed!

Regards

Barend van Graan, CEO[/b]

http://www.thebulls.co.za/article.aspx?hea...o&id=329382

I'll focus on these two facts:

The Blue Bulls Rugby-Union and the Blue Bulls Company would like to make it clear that their development programmes are in line with the SA Rugby and new government sport structures furthermore the Blue Bulls Company will protect it’s intellectual property because we have build a international brand with supporters all over South-Africa and in the rest of the rugby world.[/b]

And there, in the last point is the main reason why this would never get the nod unless there was state intervention. When you start to cross into messing with private property then you get stuck in a major legal quagmire. The jersey colours and symbol are privately owned and I think its this which has warned off the TSC from doing anything.

I'd say though that the more the state interveines in South Africa however the more things like private property will cease to have any meaning.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 16 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Same old story, the opressed become the opressors.[/b]

mugabe-crazy.jpg

"Hey! I resemble that remark!"

On a slightly satirical tangent, is Mr. Mugabe donning a Hitler-moustache in that photo?