• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing is a joke

You do know Wladimir Klitschko is defending his ***les in Duesseldorf on March 3 right?

Germany is where the Klitschko's were based untill 2004 when they moved to America, Germany is their adopted home out of all 56 bouts of Wladimir's 43 have taken place in Germany including the last 7 including the upcoming fight with Jean-Marc Mormeck.

Vitali is much the same out of his 46 bouts 35 have been fought out of Germany so in a total of 101 fights 78 have been in Germany, it's very much a home turf for both the Klitschko brothers.

Lol my bad guys, didn't know Dusseldorf was in Germany lol

Germany is where the Klitschko's were based untill 2004 when they moved to America, Germany is their adopted home out of all 56 bouts of Wladimir's 43 have taken place in Germany including the last 7 including the upcoming fight with Jean-Marc Mormeck.

Vitali is much the same out of his 46 bouts 35 have been fought out of Germany so in a total of 101 fights 78 have been in Germany, it's very much a home turf for both the Klitschko brothers.

Since winning the ***les Klitschko brothers have been able to dictate the terms. I think they said that they will not fight overseas again.

Boxing is a great sport. Idiots ruin it. Unfortunately, MMA is taking over and ruining all fighting. Now it's "cool" to be a piece of trash douchebag.

I did not agree with you . Boxing is best game and i like it.
Our body remain strong and healthy. I like this game .
New York Boot Camp

Last edited:
Boxing is a great sport. Idiots ruin it. Unfortunately, MMA is taking over and ruining all fighting. Now it's "cool" to be a piece of trash douchebag.

How is MMA ruining it? (this isn't an argument, I don't really follow mma)

MMA is fantastic. Sadly UFC is making MMA go too much down the media hype route. And doubly sadly, White bought Pride which was the beesknees.

Pride really was cracking.

I enjoy UFC, but the amount of adverts throughout is unbearable.

I remember the dark days of the UFC when money was low and to see its transformation now is astonishing. As Olyy said, the adverts are unberable. Hence why I tend to record it and then fast forward through them.

I've never been a fan of UFC or MMA. No doubt I'll get absolutely ripped apart for this, but to me it always seems to end up with two guys wrestling on the floor as opposed to actually showing any skill at martial arts.

Boxing on the other hand has a certain finesse about it. While this hasn't been on display in the heavyweight division recently (largly due to the fact that NFL offers a more attractive career path for a big, quick guy than getting your face punched in), it's certainly still there in the lighter divisions. Imo, a good boxing match far outstrips a MMA fight in terms of entertainment, it's just a shame that the sport is in such a sorry state.

Having recently taken up both boxing and mma I don't really know which I prefer..As I am pretty well built for my height I do struggle figthing taller skinnier guys who have a few inches of reach on me while in MMA I'd take the hits but going to ground is where my strength lies.

I've never been a fan of UFC or MMA. No doubt I'll get absolutely ripped apart for this, but to me it always seems to end up with two guys wrestling on the floor as opposed to actually showing any skill at martial arts.

Boxing on the other hand has a certain finesse about it. While this hasn't been on display in the heavyweight division recently (largly due to the fact that NFL offers a more attractive career path for a big, quick guy than getting your face punched in), it's certainly still there in the lighter divisions. Imo, a good boxing match far outstrips a MMA fight in terms of entertainment, it's just a shame that the sport is in such a sorry state.

As a red belt in Ju Jitsu, I can tell you there's a lot more finesse in ground fighting then anything you'll see in a Don King sponsored fixtacular.

As a red belt in Ju Jitsu, I can tell you there's a lot more finesse in ground fighting then anything you'll see in a Don King sponsored fixtacular.

Have you boxed to a similar standard? Because otherwise you can't really make a comparison. It'd be like me saying 'Being Irish, I can safely say all other nations are inferior.'

Have you boxed to a similar standard? Because otherwise you can't really make a comparison. It'd be like me saying 'Being Irish, I can safely say all other nations are inferior.'
I am both French and Irish... and the French are inferior......Hahahah hurrah !!!

I just wish boxing had half the class of UFC, instead of just shitty theatre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope, but I did do some cross-code training with a boxer a while back.

Long and short of that is, when he stayed 3-4 feet away, I was in trouble. When I got in close or managed a throw, game over.

Latest posts