• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Welliver would get eaten for breakfast by Cameron, Welliver has the most padded record out there. He's never been in with a banger and he's slow and useless

Well Welliver has retired now (but keeps making one off comebacks) so yes, but I'd have liked to have seen the fight. Welliver is slow and useless but has great chin and generally wears guys down well. There isn't a guy who Cameron has beaten that I wouldn't have backed Welliver to beat - maybe Barrett.

Well, Parker won his fight against Tatupu as predicted with a second round TKO. It was much messier than expected though, Parker getting cut in the first and generally not fighting smart.

In terms of HW prospects - U.K superheavyweight gold medalist at the 2012 Olympics, Anthony Joshua had a strong debut against the relatively unknown but undefeated Emanuelle Leo. There should be a bunch of exciting HW prospects coming into ***le contention in the next 4-5 years.

Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos "the chinese" Maidana, Las Vegas, may 3. What do you think about this fight?

Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos "the chinese" Maidana, Las Vegas, may 3. What do you think about this fight?

As much as I would like to see Mayweather lose and he was pushed quite closely by Alvarez, I don't give Maidana great odds. He has strung a few wins together under his new trainer but he'll have to put in easily his best fight ever to take cocky old Floyd down. I will definately be cheering for him though.

Watching Pacquiao vs. Bradley right now, if your a boxing fan and see this message TUNE TO THIS FIGHT NOW!!! Great action.

Edit: Bradley is a tool, acting all cocky, calling on Manny to come in on him and than not delivering punches. Great to hear Larry Merchant on commentary again. Got to give Pacquaio the win juding on what I saw, but god knows who the judges will see this.

To the judges score cards.....YES!!! They got it right and all with sensible scores.

Last edited:
Very tough cagey fight like the first one was. Neither really landed anything big just like the first fight, the only difference is this time they got the decision right. I had pacquiao winning 9 rounds to 3. Pacquiao couldn't land anything too big because of Bradley's dangerous wild swings he threw any time pacquiao tried to get aggressive on him. But that was all Bradley had, a wild hope that pacquiao would get careless and he could land the right hand on him like marquez did. But that never happened and he didn't have enough to win.

Bradley did however out box him well in that 11th round
. Running away and landing the odd shot here and there. If he fought like that for every round, he could have beaten him in what would have been a very boring fight. Thats how I would see mayweather fighting pacquiao.

Pacquiao did well not to let any of Bradley's pre-fight trash talk or in ring antics get to him
. He remained calm like a pro and out pointed him nearly every round. Instead Bradley was the one who looked frustrated

Last edited:
Very tough cagey fight like the first one was. Neither really landed anything big just like the first fight, the only difference is this time they got the decision right. I had pacquiao winning 9 rounds to 3. Pacquiao couldn't land anything too big because of Bradley's dangerous wild swings he threw any time pacquiao tried to get aggressive on him. But that was all Bradley had, a wild hope that pacquiao would get careless and he could land the right hand on him like marquez did. But that never happened and he didn't have enough to win.

. Running away and landing the odd shot here and there. If he fought like that for every round, he could have beaten him in what would have been a very boring fight. Thats how I would see mayweather fighting pacquiao.

Pacquiao did well not to let any of Bradley's pre-fight trash talk or in ring antics get to him
. He remained calm like a pro and out pointed him nearly every round. Instead Bradley was the one who looked frustrated

I haven't watched the fight yet but from your review Bradley had the ability to outbox manny . This means manny vs floyd will be a no contest!

Fantastic review of the fight Muzzy. I think 9-3 or 8-4 were the rounds in favour of Manny, a couple of very early rounds could have gone either way and it was good to see the judges come ot the same conclusion as most educated fans and commentators.

Sadly a few months ago Mayweather was once again dodging Pacquiao as he refuses to deal with his promoter Arum, this is really a fight I think Floyd needs to do though or he'll retire and have that caveat beside his name with the fans that he never fought him.

Maidana is up next for him in a few weeks, which is a bit of a contrast of styles, Maidana wins most of his fights by KO but has a mixed record in decisions, I think it will be kind of one of those fights where he'll just try to catch Mayweather with something lucky, or come out blazing in the first four rounds and punch himself out.

Fantastic review of the fight Muzzy. I think 9-3 or 8-4 were the rounds in favour of Manny, a couple of very early rounds could have gone either way and it was good to see the judges come ot the same conclusion as most educated fans and commentators.

Sadly a few months ago Mayweather was once again dodging Pacquiao as he refuses to deal with his promoter Arum, this is really a fight I think Floyd needs to do though or he'll retire and have that caveat beside his name with the fans that he never fought him.

Maidana is up next for him in a few weeks, which is a bit of a contrast of styles, Maidana wins most of his fights by KO but has a mixed record in decisions, I think it will be kind of one of those fights where he'll just try to catch Mayweather with something lucky, or come out blazing in the first four rounds and punch himself out.

It's insane that Pacquiao v Mayweather Jr may never happen. I don't think it will. People have been saying it has to happen for nearly 5 years! (when both boxers were arguably better, though Pacquiao has really gone down quicker it seems) Arum was criticized for saying that the best way to make it happen is to boycott Mayweather fights, which may seem underhanded but I tend to agree. It's pathetic that the guy can make $80m a year without giving boxing fans the fight they want. I'm going to assume Pacquiao will line up Marquez for a fifth time...after that I assume he'll retire as who else is there to fight other than Mayweather Jr..

I think floyd vs pacman would still be an excellent fight.I don't think pacman has ever fought a counter puncher with the timing of Floyd with ring smarts.Floyd weakness is he doesn't throw as many punches which against pacman he will need Overall Floyd is the better boxer.
The fans should demand the fight.

What the hell is doing Biever there?
VAMOS CHINO CARAJO!!!

Alex!!!! I was just thinking about how I hadn't seen you ina while on here.

What a great fight so far Maidana really bringing it to Mayweather. He might punch himself out but at least he's leaving it all out in the ring.

HAHAHAHA... I´m back!! Great fight, but floyd has much better technique and some protection from the referee

HAHAHAHA... I´m back!! Great fight, but floyd has much better technique and some protection from the referee

Fantastic fight, perhaps Mayweather's most exciting, to the scorecards, advantage probably to Mayweather on the cards I would guess but very close probably 7 rounds to 5, maybe some cards as a draw.

Edit: Not a horrible decision but a bizarre scorecard out there with the fight 117-111 and one only slightly better at 116-112(I suppose thats borderline plausible), the judge who cored it a draw I thought was more accurate.

Last edited:
Floyd clearly won this fight I hate to say. Why FM never want to fight with Sergio Martinez? MMM...Is he scared?

Yeah, Maidana fought really well in the early rounds but I think it was Floyd's body shots eventually wore him down. Its the first time in a long time a Mayweather fight has actually been exciting to watch. I really thought it was gonna be an upset after the first 5 rounds. Maidana was actually making Floyd miss and probably landed more shots on him than Floyds past two opponents combined. But I do think Floyd edged it.

If they have a rematch I think Floyd would win it more convincingly cause he would know more of what to expect. I'd like to see Amir Khan fight Floyd now. I mean Amir Khan already beat Maidana, if Floyd doesn't fight Khan this time than he's definitely ducking

Last edited:
Yeah, Maidana fought really well in the early rounds but I think it was Floyd's body shots eventually wore him down. But in the first 5 rounds Maidana fought the way he was supposed to, in order to beat Floyd. Its the first time in a long time a Mayweather fight has actually been exciting to watch. I really thought it was gonna be an upset lol. But I do think Floyd edged it.

If they have a rematch I think Floyd would win it more convincingly cause he would know more of what to expect. I'd like to see Amir Khan fight Floyd now. I mean Amir Khan already beat Maidana, if Floyd doesn't fight Khan this time than he's definitely ducking

Yeah I agree with this Muzzy, I think that a rematch would be in Floyd's favour and would probably be more Maidana desperately trying to score a knockout rather than how this fight built up.Cozzalo was pretty dissapointing tonight against Khan who did look really good admittedly. Also Broner really embarrassed himself after his win with an utterly pathetic and rude interview in the middle of the ring, totally classless.

On the Showtime broadcast here most of the panelists/commentators had it 115-113 Mayweather or close to that, no one was outraged by the 116-112 card saying that judge probably had every marginal round in FM's favour but the 117-111 was a head scratcher. Guess it's a moot point as Floyd deserved a narrow win.

Anyone watch the Arreola vs Stiverne fight?

Stiverne caught Arreola with a massive right in the sixth round to get his first knock down, followed it up with another shortly after and then won by TKO. Up that that point Arreola looked the busier fighter - but arguably Stiverne looked more composed.
Stiverne is now the WBC World Heavyweight Champion, which means the HW division may get a bit more exciting in the upcoming months. It looks like he has a match against Deontay Wilder (31-31 KOs) who hasn't yet gone past the 6th round and has come off a 1 round demolition of Malik Scott, but hasn't really yet proven himself against any real top contenders yet. Regardless it should be exciting. Also Wladimir Klitschko wants to unite the belts to be the undisputed champion (which he pretty much is anyway..), so hopefully there should be some interesting fights coming up.

Ah, should have watched that. Stiverne is 35 so not much of an up and comer. Two wins over Arreola is worthy of props but he isn't really the best of the contenders right now. Fury hasn't shown much interest in Klitschko but will basically have to fight him if he beats Chisora later this year. I see Pulev is now the mandatory for Klitschko - that will be a real test for both of them. Wilder and Glazkov are other big name contenders.

Yeah, Maidana fought really well in the early rounds but I think it was Floyd's body shots eventually wore him down. Its the first time in a long time a Mayweather fight has actually been exciting to watch. I really thought it was gonna be an upset after the first 5 rounds. Maidana was actually making Floyd miss and probably landed more shots on him than Floyds past two opponents combined. But I do think Floyd edged it.

Amid khan talks a lot of bull.They were several opinion polls and maidana easily won the aggregate of the polls.Collazo was cherry picked by Khan and his team. He has never beaten a top fighter.If Khan was such a great fighter his Pvv ratings would cause fighters to be calling him out.Khan ducked devon Alexander. The fight the public want to see is floyd vs manny.

Latest posts