• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brazil launch 2014 bid

A

An Tarbh

Brazil have officially launched their bid to host the 2014 world cup after they handed in their application to FIFA at the world club championships in Japan.

Under the rotating policy which has been brought in South America was due the competition in 2014 but given the high standards that FIFA expects from its candidates it's still a serious doubt whether the competition will actually take place in Brazil as there are big question marks over the lack of facilities and up to standard venues.

We'll see though.

I doubt Brazil would be up to hosting a tournament in 3014, never mind 2014! That is one impoverished country.

and given the fact they said they'd be expecting the same standards as was seen in Germany then there really is little chance of this world cup going ahead in Brazil.

Exactly.

Let's be honest, I don't see the Brazilians being able to do as good a job as the Germans. 2006 World Cup was so wonderfully organised.

Well, it looks like it could be in Aus/NZ as Oceania are next in line for the World Cup.

As to Brazil hosting the world cup... How mant lol smilies exactly should I post?

Although it would be a first; millions of people trying to get in to Latin America...

Latest posts