• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bronze and Final

I only caught the second half, but it was a proper nail biter.

Some really nice play with a few crucial errors mixed in. Lovely offload for the last NZ try. England lineout was getting ropey until the subs came on, hooker throwing in before jumpers were set. Thought the subs had sorted it until the last play.

You actually read all of that?
I'm unsure how you write that much tripe when you've just won a game by 3 points against a team on a 30 game win streak and played against 14 for 60 mins.

Take the win and cup be proud. Know it was on the day thing. Don't pretend you just reinvented women's rugby.

Do we still do annual forum awards?
We have a contender for "least accuracy for most words" post

Great advertisement for the game

- to demonstrate that two teams with completely different styles and identities could compete so well with each other. What other sports can say the same?

And to show you can be good at rugby if you are big and develop strength and stamina, or if you are fast and agile, or if you develop catching and passing skills, or if you are tall, or if you are stocky, etc.

that tactics and decisions and resilience under pressure matter.

That it makes a difference how hard you try and how connected you are with your teammates, whether during a maul or an attacking play, and in defence.

That the work you put into training and analysis matters

Smarts and strength and speed and skills and togetherness and resilience and effort. So many possible things to admire, so many potential heroes, heroic teams, that you can admire or if they're (in) your team, you can be proud of.

I'm unsure how you write that much tripe when you've just won a game by 3 points against a team on a 30 game win streak and played against 14 for 60 mins.

Take the win and cup be proud. Know it was on the day thing. Don't pretend you just reinvented women's rugby.
I have to admit, no matter how pleased I am that we won the there is still the knowledge that it was a three point win against a team with 14 players for much of the game.
I can't help but think that it is a tacit acknowledgement that the English team is better than we are.

Don't agree that intent needs to be taken into account - how can it? But consistency is.

Still don't understand why Simons got yellow but Thompson got a red.

Latest posts