Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic 2

• Side

• Total voters
J

-JJ-

Quite a bit of discussion about this, so how about a poll?

In case you're unsure, here's a brief description about each one:
Broadcast
Fixed on one side of the field.

Classic
View from one end of the field, moves up and down field.

Classic 2
Always behind the team which has possession.

Side
On one side of the field, moves up and down touchline in line with the ball.

For me broadcast and classic aren't an option.

Classic 2 looks pretty good, but I'll wait until I've played it before I rule out Side.

impooosible 2 read the play any other way then classic, otherwise ur jst guessin where the defendors ar

You can actually see very far ahead of you on side PLUS the cam turns slightly at each 22 until the goal-line - you can see everything!

It's a no-brainer.

Side.

Definitely love side view...ala JLR!

JJ..you forgot to mention that the side cam stops at the 22 and pans across with the play. Very significant feauture.

Well done EA for incorporating this almost JLR cam!!! Without this cam I would probably have felt a bit sad about the game.

Did you see Roko and those people at Eden park playing the game on the side view? Looked awesome. Even my wife at first thought she was watching a real game.....and that was having the news camera filming a TV screen!

One month to go

I can't see how side view is playable. You can't see where you are kicking, you can't see the gaps and its hard to judge tackles! Classic view has to be the only one playable here

Definately Classic 2. Easier to pick gaps than any of the other views.

yea classic will be good for one pllayer but wen it comes to multiplayer?....crap

side is the original and the best for me!

works for multiplayer and for single player!

side view made me play rugby 2001 for 4 more months!

see, we are all watching these videos which are good quality but will be much different when we actually play them ourselves so i am undecided til play time. but i am leaning towards.

Classic 2.

You side people can go suck eggs. I'll probably play it enough though just incase I ever have the misfortune to be around one of you scum -- then I can destroy you at your own camera angle.

Classic 2.

How could it not be Classic 2? What are you, fools AND communists?

Classic 2.

C.A....too much Madden.....mad in......the head
<
. Leave the Madden view for Gridiron and come join us on the side

I bet if you were given free tickets to a rugby international you would choose the stands on the SIDE of the field (you know, the ones that cost a fortune) and not the ones at the end zone (your speak).

On the side you can appreciate the beauty of the running game.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 19 2005, 06:48 AM
C.A....too much Madden.....mad in......the head
<
. Leave the Madden view for Gridiron and come join us on the side

I bet if you were given free tickets to a rugby international you would choose the stands on the SIDE of the field (you know, the ones that cost a fortune) and not the ones at the end zone (your speak).

On the side you can appreciate the beauty of the running game.
GG, there is quite a difference in watching an international, and playing as one (which I am when I play video rugby).

I am an International Rugby (video game) Player.

You are on the bench -- enjoy your view from the side.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 19 2005, 07:00 AM
GG, there is quite a difference in watching an international, and playing as one (which I am when I play video rugby).

<
<

Touche C.A, touche indeed
<

Well bench warming may be my cup of tea (or orange juice cups) but when you use that end view..is it not from the position next to the fullback called...emmm....you know, the one called eh........oh yes, left right out.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 19 2005, 07:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 19 2005, 07:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 19 2005, 07:00 AM

<
<

Touche C.A, touche indeed
<

Well bench warming may be my cup of tea (or orange juice cups) but when you use that end view..is it not from the position next to the fullback called...emmm....you know, the one called eh........oh yes, left right out. [/b]
Oh GG, OH GG!

"Left right out" -- very witty, very witty indeed. I recall a saying from my youth, what was it, oh yes, "So funny I forgot to laugh!"

SLAMMO!

Now, as a tactician of frightening intellect, no view other than the Classic 2 is used by great strategists and opportunists in playing sport.

You see, we are scientific and creative geniuses -- we don't see the view as 'End On.'

No, no.

We see "Unlimited possibilities." We witness the poetic movements unfold as the great players do -- right before their eyes.

Not from the Bench or rows 1 - 30 in the stands. Now, go get me a burger and a beer, I've got backline moves to orchestrate.

<
<

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 19 2005, 07:40 AM
We witness
"We witness" ?????

As I said,.....is that perspective not the position from the person at the END next to the fullback, those pansy left wingers (sorry Jonah), or was it the right winger? Hang on...ummmm....let me see, was it left, er right.........left right? Oh thats right,.....left right out. Your own testimony like a George Bush type fullback with head high cheap shots is one of "Witnessing" the sheer grunt of what happens up front while George, C.A, and Boltman discuss poetic back rub movements.

Come to the side and you will view the grunting reality of a GG in the sinbin for 10 minutes due to retaliatory measures inflicted on a pansy leader of the world who spends time in the background ordering his subservients to toil fruitlessly for non existent balls shaped like an outdated scud whereby relying heavily on Superman and Captain America's radar reliable intelligence on the whereabouts of such when in fact the onurus GG has taken it through piles of backrubbers only to be head shotted by the self proclaimed leader and declared the scapegoat of foul play to Mr Anan, the incompetent African official (who is only there due to the opponents of Rassie quoting quota) and paraded as such in front of a live TRF audience, not forgetting the entire world.

Yet in saying this, the "Unlimited Possiblities" movement you have founded does make me ponder whether my allegiances to the extremist left may be my folly. You may be right in stating that having a thing on the side is too scandalous, especially if it is on a bench
<

(Sorry...just clarifying for those who didn't get this post. There was a thread last year showing a picture of George Bush when he played rugby for Yale (I think) as a fullback. In the picture he is doing three things simultaneuusly. Backing off from a rampaging forward, tackling around the head, looking and complaining to the ref. Multitasker eh? Got him into the Whitehouse despite his I.Q being half of Sharon Stones.)

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 19 2005, 08:12 AM
Yet in saying this, the "Unlimited Possiblities" movement you have founded does make me ponder whether my allegiances to the extremist left may be my folly.  You may be right in stating that having a thing on the side is too scandalous, especially if it is on a bench
<
Nice one, GG.

But all I'm going to say is, "Ah how cute, you tilt your camera at the 22 finally realizing you need to see depth and gap at the same time."

Classic 2 . . . it's classic, but better!

Very Good American Supehero.

You have done your homework on me. My coutless posts on this particular feature of the side view from JLR has proven to be my undoing.

Fair enough. Another place, another time my semi caped multi-scar...oh I mean star crusader
<

"CLASSIC" and "CLASSIC 2" are just that - fossils from a bygone era.

It is only YOU who cannot "see the gaps!"

What are you friggin' blind? You're looking at the screen......you judge the space between people from experience on this view. It's a piece of ****.

You play console rugby in the view of ETs rugby league and old **** rugby games where you could only move in diagonals.

WE (who play side view) have embraced the future of gaming and are playing tests, super 12 - The only difference is well, nothing, b/c it looks exactly the same as the games I watch every week ONLY I AM CONTROLLING IT.

You're just playing a game....in more ways than one.

When you play up and down, you obsess over the gap, and play a run, run till space runs out, run, run on anotjher angle till space runs out.

You'll find breaks of a more genuine variety will happen on side view.

You are closer to the action, all movement is exaggerated b/c players stop short in a tackle or breeze through a gap.

IT IS THE VIEW ALL SPORT IS WATCHED ON. tHERE IS ONLY ONE GAME WHERE, DESPITE BEING BEST VIEWED AT THE SIDE, IT IS NECESSARY TO PLAY UP AND DOWN BECAUSE OF TARGETS....

Madden.

"Oh but I can;t see where I'm kicking" - Between the radar and actyually having a sense for these kind of things (NO, the fullback doesn't roam randomly all over the field and you will see him from twenty - thirty metres away anyway....MORE in widescreen) I can't understand why someone would sell a game and their experience of it short, by having a small advantage in one of the pussiest avenues in the game.

Run the ball like I told you..............

<
<
<

Have your up and down view - you probably think sex is the same!! There too they have moved on.

Still I do miss the 80s....

Latest posts