• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exclusive First View of Rugby World Cup 2011

Lets clear a few things, If the IRB awarded the official world cup game then that would include all the kits logos ect. A lot of people saying look at rugby challenges graphics. Ok fair enough they are more polished at the moment but your not going to be playing it that close up. Im up for both making succesful games it will be a win win situation for all rugby fans. Just disapointed the European and Magners leagues are not in any of the games

Yes, this is an assumption I think people may be making prematurely. Given that the Jersey's and team names will be different in the World Cup context (they won't be the "QANTAS Wallabies" in the WC for instance), it's quite possible that RWC 2011 will have all the official national teams on the technicality that they may not actually be the same licenses.

Hmm, that's an interesting point.

Last edited:
I may be wrong but from what I've seen so far, all of the world cup kits that have been released are very similar. All Kooga and only have the country badge and IRB world cup badge.

IRB license will be sorted as its the official game. I would imagine the countries badges will be fine to put in even if RC has exclusive licenses right? I have seen Kooga in the RC screenshots but I'm hoping thats not exclusive.

If player names and likeness' are accurate then I think this game will be spot on. (Minus obviously the stadiums.. but thats the least of my concerns!)

Never doubted the gameplay and the lazygamer.net article has given me greater confidence in it!

Really looking forward to this game now I've pre-ordered it :D

I'm curious, I know HB had a back room showing of RWC at E3 but did RC have any showings? I haven't read any E3 reviews and I have been looking.

I'm curious, I know HB had a back room showing of RWC at E3 but did RC have any showings? I haven't read any E3 reviews and I have been looking.

From what I gather they showed it to distributers and the such only, not to any fans/reviewers etc.

..I'll correct myself ^^^ <_<

Not all kits are Kooga. Wales' are by Under Armour, Ireland's by Puma, Italy's are Kappa I believe? Hopefully will have managed to secure these though :huh:

Lets clear a few things, If the IRB awarded the official world cup game then that would include all the kits logos ect. A lot of people saying look at rugby challenges graphics. Ok fair enough they are more polished at the moment but your not going to be playing it that close up. Im up for both making succesful games it will be a win win situation for all rugby fans. Just disapointed the European and Magners leagues are not in any of the games
I hope we can play it close up to see the detail. Why do most rugby games play from that gay side on veiw? I personally prefer the from-behind view. Its more like playing real rugby and you can judge attacking and defending acurately.

I hope we can play it close up to see the detail. Why do most rugby games play from that gay side on veiw? I personally prefer the from-behind view. Its more like playing real rugby and you can judge attacking and defending acurately.

That's fine if you remember there's also a lot of people who find the end-on view just as frustrating. Especially in two player games (with all the camera spinning stuff). Although I really would hope they'd find a better adjective than "gay" to describe that frustration. :)

Anyone take notice to the "likes" the WC facebook page is getting? I noticed about 400 more then this time yesterday; just watch for yourself. (the moment I wrote this line it sits at 12,211). Their momentum is huge. I would be interested in what drives this engine because 505s marketing strategy is to keep a tight lid on things. RC isn't sitting very pretty at the moment though, they only have 612 for some reason even though they are very open and pushing a lot more online support to answer questions or defend themselves against attackers, plus everyone is saying they have the upper hand because of graphics. Even the RWC facebook page has links directly to the RC plastered all over it but it doesn't seem to be directly impacting RC's facebook page. If this is in any way a sales indicator this will be interesting to see play out. It may be pointing to a fact that people that like the game don't voice the fact that they like it but people that hate it are more then willing to voice the fact that they are not satisfied. Also I noticed the HB has never defended itself that I'm aware of. We just seem to keep bashing on them but they don't defend anything ever. They must have the jaw of a Juggernaut.

http://www.facebook.com/RWC2011game

http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Blacks-Rugby-Challenge-Game/162875610443414

Last edited:
Side view is the best view...its for pros...jlr baby!

I believe side-view offers almost as much to rugby as it does to soccer in Fifa. If the angle and height isn't right it can be a little bit of a nightmare to perceive depth and play properly, but if done well it's pretty easy to play in that view.

Anyone take notice to the "likes" the WC facebook page is getting? I noticed about 400 more then this time yesterday; just watch for yourself. (the moment I wrote this line it sits at 12,211). Their momentum is huge. I would be interested in what drives this engine because 505s marketing strategy is to keep a tight lid on things. RC isn't sitting very pretty at the moment though, they only have 612 for some reason even though they are very open and pushing a lot more online support to answer questions or defend themselves against attackers, plus everyone is saying they have the upper hand because of graphics. Even the RWC facebook page has links directly to the RC plastered all over it but it doesn't seem to be directly impacting RC's facebook page. If this is in any way a sales indicator this will be interesting to see play out. It may be pointing to a fact that people that like the game don't voice the fact that they like it but people that hate it are more then willing to voice the fact that they are not satisfied. Also I noticed the HB has never defended itself that I'm aware of. We just seem to keep bashing on them but they don't defend anything ever. They must have the jaw of a Juggernaut.

http://www.facebook.com/RWC2011game

http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Blacks-Rugby-Challenge-Game/162875610443414

I think one of the reasons the RWC facebook page has more 'Likes' is because the Rugby Challenge on isn't official. either way HB and 505 are doing a good job to build up the hype for RWC 2011.

That's actually the NZ distributors product page for the game. There is on "official" Sidhe or HES product page for the game on Facebook.

We are driving the promotion of RC via the official game website, www.rugbychallengegame.com, so our efforts have been on driving traffic there with our content and press releases. Pretty pleased with the volume of traffic it is getting.

And so you should be.

You have done a great job in communicating with us, the consumers, and also giving out info here and there.

Awesome job Mario.. Good luck until the release date.

Also, i keep on forgetting to register there as well...

Lets clear a few things, If the IRB awarded the official world cup game then that would include all the kits logos ect.

That's an assumption on your part. I think that getting the RWC license only gives them the right to use the RWC logo and symbols like the Webb Ellis Cup.

A couple of years ago, EA had the FIFA and FIFA World Cup license but couldn't include the names and official jerseys of the Dutch national football team in the game, because the Dutch Football Association wouldn't give/sell them a license. I sincerely believe it kinda works the same with the IRB license.

Would prefer the graphics to be a bit better, but cant really say much about the agme in general atm.

this looks terrible graphics-wise, it's going to be a total let down if this is what it's going to look like. Also, it better not be 08 AI where every single player chases the ball carrier...

Latest posts