Exclusive First View of Rugby World Cup 2011

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
The Rugby Forum is pleased to have the Exclusive First Images from Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game.

Rugby World Cup 2011 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system): Get ready to feel the excitement and experience all of the action in Rugby World Cup 2011, HB Studios’ breathtakingly realistic presentation of the upcoming Rugby World Cup and the first rugby game on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Choose between 20 participating teams, play out national rivalries in authentic match venues with true rugby stars, and play your part in the sporting event of 2011. Are you worthy enough to lift the Webb Ellis Cup and become World Champions for your country?

TRF_RWC2011_Screen1.jpg

TRF_RWC2011_Screen2.png

These images are exclusive to The Rugby Forum until 06/06/2011

Attachments

• TRF_RWC2011_Screen1.jpg
    TRF_RWC2011_Screen1.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 1,043
  • TRF_RWC2011_Screen2.png
    TRF_RWC2011_Screen2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,336
Looks better than I was expecting. Still not great ecspecially since graphics are usually worse than the images released.

Last edited:
Well that will shut all the trolls up for a while now... I hope

Great to finally see something, but we can't really tell anything about the game play the most important part, but still looks good.

Can't say much for the rugby, but I really like the quality of the stadium, the crowd, the cameramen, looks very realistic.

Alright, screenshot a day starting today :p.

That second one gives me the horrible feeling that the ai will make EVERY PLAYER chase the ball carrier after a break, which is something that really irritates me about rugby 08

Last edited:
Although that second one gives me the horrible feeling that the ai will make EVERY PLAYER chase the ball carrier after a break, which is something that really irritates me about rugby 08
Ditto - I'm hoping it's just how the screenshot played out, like maybe it was from a lineout or scrum, so everyone happened to be together :p

Ditto - I'm hoping it's just how the screenshot played out, like maybe it was from a lineout or scrum, so everyone happened to be together :p

I'd say it is because the players in the background aren't running diagonally like you'd see if they were coming across from the wing.

Have now attached the Full size Images as the forum seemed to shrink them slightly

I can't see the Samoa chasing player's head!!!

Haha. From my experiences following progression of up coming games the original screenshots aren't as good as the game also the fijians don't have numbers, but that will/has already been fixed(I'd guess team shirts are the last addition most teams haven't released theirs yet). Anyway I doubt there'll be a headless Samoan unless it's a special feature, that would be cool. :p

Aha, they look even better full screen (and the missing head can be seen ;) )

Pardon me, i am not very good with screenshots, but it does not look like Samoa or Fiji are licensed with no numbers on the jerseys or any real features to the kits. It is by no means a criticism, but is it possible these nations are not licensed in the game or are HB not allowed to show licenses for teams in their screenshots??

EDIT: Sorry I forgot not all the teams have released their World Cup jerseys yet! My mistake.

Last edited:
Pardon me, i am not very good with screenshots, but it does not look like Samoa or Fiji are licensed with no numbers on the jerseys or any real features to the kits. It is by no means a criticism, but is it possible these nations are not licensed in the game or are HB not allowed to show licenses for teams in their screenshots??

I think it's because the jerseys have only been out for about two weeks. Not all the teams jerseys are out yet and if they have WC licences I think that includes jerseys, Player names and likenesses etc...

ah thanks for clearing that up cmac95, just thought it was a bit weird for none of the players to have numbers on their jerseys!!

So what is everyones thoughts on the Screenshots?

Utterly poor. I hope this is a quick draft and not the final result. It's nice they have so much detail and sharp images for the goalposts and all, but the players look like a 1995 game

Is this the only game being released for 2011-2012? Or will there be a RWC 11 game and a rugby 2012 ( like 08)? which contains national leagues. Sorry for asking but didn't really follow all the topics.

Latest posts